BWV stand booking brutal

It is kind of funny watching those who defend walking over time. Years ago it was that only the AK concierge rooms were a problem to get and needed to be walked. Then it was standard studios at 1 or 2 resorts. Now it’s most standard studios at most resorts. The bar keeps changing over time. It is like watching a slow motion train wreck. People who have been defending walking all along have certainly been dead wrong on how much this problem would expand so why should I listen to them now. For all I know all rooms will have to be walked someday. I mean that’s the trend. This issue should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

I defend it because I like having the flexibility of being able to change my reservations to get what I want or change my plans.

I also defend it because I like having the ability to do what we can do with the online booking tool, which it think is what has changed how much walking has been done.

I would rather have to adjust what and how I get rooms and allow those that want to walk to do so in exchange to keep the flexibility and online booking tool.

I have said before....any type of cure will be way worse and IMO, something else will come along that people will start seeing as unfair and want it changed,

Some did not like day by day booking, but it makes more sense to me than having people block what they don’t want. They are preventing other members from using the 11 month booking they should be able to make.

If something can be done, I’m hoping for it. However, I do think the frustration level for the non walkers is not at the level for DVC to move.

They could bring back day by day, maybe that would discourage most walkers.

Doug, yes brutal is right. Going through it now and worse than previous years for sure.

It sure is, still haven't had any luck. Rooms are still gone before the 12 month window even opens. I ended up booking a 1 bedroom and I will just keep watching to see if anything opens up.

9th and 10th are both unavailable. Only bright side is I don't have to get up at 4:45 PST to try and book something.
The real bright side will be enjoying the comfort of the 1 bedroom. :teeth:

Pack less - you'll have a washer & dryer in the villa.

Want to stay up late or get up early? No worries. Just close be bedroom door to have the living room, kitchen & balcony to yourself ( if it's just you and your spouse).

Traveling with kids? Need some private time? Just close that bedroom door.

Has different TV viewing preferences or an occasional "remote control issue"? No need with two TVs and two remotes.

Want to use your laptop or sit at a table, but also watch TV? Can't do that in the BWV studios.

Too tired to go out to the hot tub to soak tired feet? Remember the jetted tub?

In a hurry to get going and wish someone could hurry up & get out of the bathroom? There's a split bath & each portion has a sink & a mirror. :)

Feel like a snack? Need some ice? Tired of restaurant food? Want to eat off of real dishes? Full equipped kitchen with enough storage to stock some basic groceries.

Ask for an upper floor across from the bus stop. If you're lucky, you'll be able to see EPCOT Forever from your balcony.

I can't remember the last time we've been in a BWV studio and I have ZERO regrets, especially since the 1B SV villas are sometimes less expensive than studios elsewhere!

Enjoy!

I echo the "enjoy the 1BR" sentiment. Heck, even when traveling alone I find the 1BR to be awfully pleasant. I've said it before, but I did not get involved in timesharing to stay in glorified hotel rooms, and that's what most sudios are, at DVC or elsewhere. I almost never book them. I did make an exception recently but it was a studio with a loft and a full kitchen w/apartment-scale appliances, I was the only one staying there, and it was a last-minute thing I got for a great price a half hour from the west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park in mid-August. I was willing to rough it for that!

Ultimately, there is more demand for fall-season standard studios than there are rooms. No matter *what* DVCMC does, some people who want them will get them, and others won't.

Well the walkers walked right by the week leading up to Columbus Day. I was able to piece together 6 nights in a row for one standard studio and 4 in another for family. Not sure when they are walking to but glad I was able to snag the cancellations!
Possibly December

Well the walkers walked right by the week leading up to Columbus Day. I was able to piece together 6 nights in a row for one standard studio and 4 in another for family. Not sure when they are walking to but glad I was able to snag the cancellations!
Also remember the only thing you can for sure say is it is at least 1 walker. Without room count information it is hard to say how many. It could be the days are being mostly booked when wanted and there is 1 walker that gives you the trend seen.

Also remember the only thing you can for sure say is it is at least 1 walker. Without room count information it is hard to say how many. It could be the days are being mostly booked when wanted and there is 1 walker that gives you the trend seen.
Well I’m actually positive there were at least 2 walkers as I was able to snag 2 studios that were not initially avail when booking opened but then became avail after a couple days. That being said I’m pretty sure there was at least another one or two people than that because in addition to my two studios I’ve seen other availability open up (additional rooms for the days I already had booked) that was not initially avail.

Man, is trying to get a standard view studio at BWV at 11 months brutal. Don't even have a shoot at it as the 11 month day is already unavailable before the window even opens. Have been trying for over a week with no luck at all. At least I have a lot of flexibility and can go anytime in Oct, Nov or Dec. it has been a few years since I have gone at this time of year, but I don't remember it ever taking me more than one or two tries before I got the room. Definitely summer is way easier, which is when I have been going the last few years.
I will agree to that statement...especially booking in Dec...

System works the same for everybody. But some owners don't enjoy the process of needing to watch the system for weeks and they don't enjoy over-paying by 50% for a tree view either. If hardly anybody wants those P/G rooms at the current cost in certain seasons while everybody and their mother wants the standard, the points allocations are off. Something is causing this.

Just remember while folks may be interested in standard studios ,they are competing with folks who are trying to get the standard 2 bedrooms. So you have 2 different groups all trying to book those standard studios. This makes the whole process twice as hard. I always wish there were some dedicated 2 bedrooms at Bwv. I managed a 2 bedroom standard at Bwv for the beginning of June but it wasn’t easy. Btw, as an owner of Bwv and BLT, BLT is also tough too. I managed a 2 night standard studio at BLT for my daughter, and Those nights have been missing since I booked it.

Just remember while folks may be interested in standard studios ,they are competing with folks who are trying to get the standard 2 bedrooms. So you have 2 different groups all trying to book those standard studios. This makes the whole process twice as hard. I always wish there were some dedicated 2 bedrooms at Bwv. I managed a 2 bedroom standard at Bwv for the beginning of June but it wasn’t easy. Btw, as an owner of Bwv and BLT, BLT is also tough too. I managed a 2 night standard studio at BLT for my daughter, and Those nights have been missing since I booked it.

Yup, this is me! I’m trying to book a 2-BR standard and really wish there were dedicated ones!

If hardly anybody wants those P/G rooms at the current cost in certain seasons while everybody and their mother wants the standard, the points allocations are off. Something is causing this.
Agreed. Currently, people are reporting success in grabbing what’s left in the walkers’ wake. Once that practice becomes commonly known (ala walking), don’t expect those dates to be quite so easy to pick up.

I’ve bemoaned the 11 month system for both my BWV & AKV contracts. Let’s just say, no matter the view, I was thrilled to be able snag one of those P/G studios last week to extend our trip for 12/5 :).

Agreed. Currently, people are reporting success in grabbing what’s left in the walkers’ wake. Once that practice becomes commonly known (ala walking), don’t expect those dates to be quite so easy to pick up.

I’ve bemoaned the 11 month system for both my BWV & AKV contracts. Let’s just say, no matter the view, I was thrilled to be able snag one of those P/G studios last week to extend our trip for 12/5 :).

that’s funny....”walkers’ wake”. I call it the “walkers’ droppings” 🤦‍♀️😱

Aha, so your the one who grabbed the 12th from me because I was slow on the clicker.

System works the same for everybody. But some owners don't enjoy the process of needing to watch the system for weeks and they don't enjoy over-paying by 50% for a tree view either. If hardly anybody wants those P/G rooms at the current cost in certain seasons while everybody and their mother wants the standard, the points allocations are off. Something is causing this.
Agreed-this was the first year I couldn’t snag my standard view by being online right at 8. We don’t have a huge BWV contract (we own more at BLT) so a standard studio vs a P/G generally means being able to stay 7 nights vs 5 or 6 without having to borrow points. Someone I think pointed out that because there are so few standard rooms to balance points it would be hard to decrease P/G without basically making them all the same point cost. I’ve never done the math personally but if they somehow could increase standard and decrease P/G so that the cost difference for weeknights wasn’t 50% more I think there wouldn’t be as quite stiff competition. I mean they’d still be hard to get but maybe not people walking for weeks which is what I think is happening now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!