BWV Standard Studio at 11 Months Impossible?

Why not go through a private owner? It seems like you would have a better shot of getting all the nights at the same resort. Maybe you answered that question already.

As a BWV owner who likes to book standard view studios, I'm always right online before 8am to make my bookings. Sometimes even a day or two ahead of time to walk for a couple of days just to make sure I get it.

BWV standard view studios are definitely one of the most popular room categories. It's why I bought at BWV.

As a BWV owner who likes to book standard view studios, I'm always right online before 8am to make my bookings. Sometimes even a day or two ahead of time to walk for a couple of days just to make sure I get it.

BWV standard view studios are definitely one of the most popular room categories. It's why I bought at BWV.

Smart! Makes a lot of sense.

We got a standard view studio for January 25th-February 1st 2016 through David's right at the eleven month mark, but I believe demand has skyrocketed since then. With that said, Boardwalk is not a resort I would want to return to. We booked solely because of the low price point.

So, we rented a BWV studio--boardwalk view from a private owner here on the DIS, and we got 8 nights in the middle of September last year (so, right in the middle of Food and Wine festival). Yes, the studios go super quickly, but I do wanna give you a ray of hope, it is possible :) (at least a Boardwalk view :D)

So, we rented a BWV studio--boardwalk view from a private owner here on the DIS, and we got 8 nights in the middle of September last year (so, right in the middle of Food and Wine festival). Yes, the studios go super quickly, but I do wanna give you a ray of hope, it is possible :) (at least a Boardwalk view :D)

I appreciate that! Thank you! I’ve been feeling rather unhopeful about the whole thing after this thread

We got a standard view studio for January 25th-February 1st 2016 through David's right at the eleven month mark, but I believe demand has skyrocketed since then. With that said, Boardwalk is not a resort I would want to return to. We booked solely because of the low price point.
Rental demand certainly has increased significantly since 2016 because word has gotten out that it is easy and affordable. Especially studios with low point requirements. Too bad you didn't like BWV. It's one of my home resorts but I understand why not everyone likes it.

Sept. tends to be easier to get than the period of Oct. thru Jan. But even that month is becoming harder to book now that the online booking tool is allowing easy booking and modifications. Std. View disappears first, followed by B/W View. I think that the OP's decision to add "preferred view" - which can be either B/W or G/P View - as her alternate choice is a smart one. A G/P View is a much more realistic possibility for her dates.

Wow now I'm realizing how lucky we were to get a room at BWV 2 years ago. We got a Standard studio in late September right when our 7-month window opened (we're owners at OKW).

OP I'm wishing the best for you!

Same here. I’m an owner and was 1 day late past the 11 month mark for a std view over Thanksgiving week. I didn’t get all the nights I wanted initially and ended up piecing my trip together as walkers dropped nights. I agree times appear to be changing! BWV will be more of a hot spot w Star Wars opening.

BWV standard is a small category of rooms that has a really low point chart, so it's super popular and hard even for owners to book at certain times of year. If you want it, you need to have an owner lined up before the 11 month mark who is willing to book exactly at 8am (and it's not guaranteed that they'll be able to book it). You won't be able to do it through a broker, but you can find an owner on the rental board. I've done it for renters before, but not all owners will because it is extra work.

I won't do it, not only is it extra work, I think my fellow members deserve first shot at those rooms. As Aurora says, I can rent a room with less work, which is less in demand for my fellow owners - I don't rent BWV standard and I don't rent BWV during the last three months of the year through Mid-January. The points rent fine for February- September at the same price point.

As an owner who has booked many standard view studios at the Boardwalk, you do have to book the room first thing in the morning. My success rate is about every third try. I may have to walk some reservations in a very busy time like the NJ week and the first 2 weeks of December. I have been checking daily for the standard view studio at Boardwalk just to understand the dynamics. I have observed that from middle of October to now, the standard view studios are booked first thing in the morning while some owners are walking the reservation. If you wait about 5 minutes after the booking time, the previous day usually opens up.

Overall, it's not impossible to book the standard view studio with a private owner. There is no way to get the standard view through a broker. It's just not worth it for owners to do that for a broker. It's also not in the brokers interest to book a lower point reservation.

This is where working with a private owner who is willing to get the standard view studio is worth paying little more per point. Overall, you end up saving more money with the standard view at higher cost per point than paying a broker for the garden/pool view studio at the Boardwalk.

On Saturday, I tried to book a Std Studio for 5-nites (Dec 19-23). All the Std-Studios and the BW-View Studios were gone, along with the same things for two-bedrooms. Looking at the booking pattern, people are walking their reservations. I do not have enough points right now to walk, so I went with a Std-view one-bedroom. Its getting harder and harder to book standard units near the holidays. I booked at exactly 8:00 AM.

As an owner who has booked many standard view studios at the Boardwalk, you do have to book the room first thing in the morning. My success rate is about every third try. I may have to walk some reservations in a very busy time like the NJ week and the first 2 weeks of December. I have been checking daily for the standard view studio at Boardwalk just to understand the dynamics. I have observed that from middle of October to now, the standard view studios are booked first thing in the morning while some owners are walking the reservation. If you wait about 5 minutes after the booking time, the previous day usually opens up.

Overall, it's not impossible to book the standard view studio with a private owner. There is no way to get the standard view through a broker. It's just not worth it for owners to do that for a broker. It's also not in the brokers interest to book a lower point reservation.

This is where working with a private owner who is willing to get the standard view studio is worth paying little more per point. Overall, you end up saving more money with the standard view at higher cost per point than paying a broker for the garden/pool view studio at the Boardwalk.

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm chatting with a private owner right now who seems great, so fingers crossed we can make it work and i'll drop my Davids request :)

Wow now I'm realizing how lucky we were to get a room at BWV 2 years ago. We got a Standard studio in late September right when our 7-month window opened (we're owners at OKW).

OP I'm wishing the best for you!

Believe me, things have changed. As a Bwv owner, I’ve never had problems getting a standard studio at the 11 month window, but now....it’s nearly impossible. I booked a October trip at the 11 month window and got shut out every morning for 11 mornings. I spent weeks grabbing a day here and there until I got the reservation. Not a pleasant way to do it. I own at Bwv and BLT to have the advantage of booking standard, but now you have to claw your way through just to get a reservation. It stinks. And is not something too many members are going to do for the renter.

I agree what others posted to the OP, and I will be joining the mix to be booking the January 18, 2020 standard studios to follow my cruise. Just sends shivers up my spin to have to do this again.

Wow, I'm really concerned now after reading this and checking to see if the rooms I want will be available. I'm planning a family trip for next Jan 2020 at BWV. I want a grand villa for the first week and I was planning on getting a standard view studio for the following week but at this time both room types are completely booked for 1/12 to 1/19/20... I want 1/19-1/25/20 for the GV and 1/25-2/1/20 for the SV studio. I really didn't think it was going to be an issue. Please give me hope!

If I have to walk my reservation how often do you go in and modify your reservation? Every day? Every other day? Just curious as I have never had to walk before...

Wow, I'm really concerned now after reading this and checking to see if the rooms I want will be available. I'm planning a family trip for next Jan 2020 at BWV. I want a grand villa for the first week and I was planning on getting a standard view studio for the following week but at this time both room types are completely booked for 1/12 to 1/19/20... I want 1/19-1/25/20 for the GV and 1/25-2/1/20 for the SV studio. I really didn't think it was going to be an issue. Please give me hope!

If I have to walk my reservation how often do you go in and modify your reservation? Every day? Every other day? Just curious as I have never had to walk before...

You can't walk if the nights aren't available right now to book.

And GV's at BWV have always been difficult - especially during low point requirement times. I'd have a back up plan - really would have from the start for the GV.

You can't walk if the nights aren't available right now to book.

And GV's at BWV have always been difficult - especially during low point requirement times. I'd have a back up plan - really would have from the start for the GV.

Hi, I understand that I can't walk if the nights aren't available. I'm planning on looking everyday going forward and booking / walking...

I have successfully rented GV at BWV in the past, I had no issue in getting what I wanted...that being said I guess the other option would be to get a 2BR and a studio or 1BR. That isn't ideal but it would work.

Again to those who walk reservations would you suggest I book one day at a time if what I'm looking for should be available tomorrow and each day going forward until I have the desired days?

The GVs appear to have decent availability. The SV studio will be difficult, even with walking (which it looks like people are already doing).
Personally, if I wanted a certain reservation that badly, I would take the few minutes to modify daily. Only those already walking will be able to access beyond the 11m plus 7 nights so it may not be necessary, but everyone's risk level is different.

Hi, I understand that I can't walk if the nights aren't available. I'm planning on looking everyday going forward and booking / walking...

I have successfully rented GV at BWV in the past, I had no issue in getting what I wanted...that being said I guess the other option would be to get a 2BR and a studio or 1BR. That isn't ideal but it would work.

Again to those who walk reservations would you suggest I book one day at a time if what I'm looking for should be available tomorrow and each day going forward until I have the desired days?

Ok.

There's no reason to book a day that you won't use if you can't book up to the 11 month window. Ie, if only tomorrow opens but the day after is not it isn't walking.

If starting tomorrow you were able to pick up the next week then you should be fine in waiting to modify a couple of days. You should be fine even waiting until just the day before the new 11 month window. If you want to be extra certain then modify daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter