BWV Standard Studio at 11 Months Impossible?

Hopefully, you contacted that private owner and weren't contacted by them offering you points. That's a great way that scammers get you.
Agree 100%!!

Public Service Announcement: Doing business with a stranger who initiated the contact is quite a bit riskier than replying to an offer that is posted on the DIS Rent /Trade Board. (You still need to do your own due diligence, even there). It is the reason the DIS R/T Board does not allow "Wanted" threads and also the reason email addresses and telephone numbers are not allowed to be posted on the Rent/Trade Board.

As a R/T mod, I am frequently amazed at the number of naive & trusting posters (who don't bother to read even one of the "How to" / "Rules" / "Required Reading" threads pinned to the top of the R/T Board). If those posters are typical of internet users, it's no wonder there is so much fraud and identity theft. Some of us make ourselves an easy target!

Agree 100%!!

Public Service Announcement: Doing business with a stranger who initiated the contact is quite a bit riskier than replying to an offer that is posted on the DIS Rent /Trade Board. (You still need to do your own due diligence, even there). It is the reason the DIS R/T Board does not allow "Wanted" threads and also the reason email addresses and telephone numbers are not allowed to be posted on the Rent/Trade Board.

As a R/T mod, I am frequently amazed at the number of naive & trusting posters (who don't bother to read even one of the "How to" / "Rules" / "Required Reading" threads pinned to the top of the R/T Board). If those posters are typical of internet users, it's no wonder there is so much fraud and identity theft. Some of us make ourselves an easy target!

No worries, guys! Our renter is a great guy who we found through the boards. Definitely important to do your research. We’ve got our reservation

I have been an owner since 1999 at BWV so I can see how much things have changed over that time frame. It used to be pretty easy to book anything you wanted with maybe the exception of grand villas anytime before the 7 month window opened up. Now you have to expect to walk tough reservations and even book garden view as soon as 10 months out or you could be waitlisted. The rental agents which allow members to either add to their points to extend their stays or unload points for a profit that they are unable to use , have been a blessing and a curse. Disney has created issues with attendance in the parks going thru the roofs at certain times of the year that use to be a closely held secret. Now there is no slow time and coupled with cheaper point requirements in adventure season has made first two weeks of Dec about as hard as getting a studio at the GFV. Having the 11 month window and the ability to walk is about all that keeps me from selling my points as I do not choose to stay anywhere else but BW . Buying where you want to stay is best advice I was ever given. I know with Star Wars opening it will be nearly impossible to secure cheaper rooms at BWV so have to plan well in advance.

I have been an owner since 1999 at BWV so I can see how much things have changed over that time frame. It used to be pretty easy to book anything you wanted with maybe the exception of grand villas anytime before the 7 month window opened up. Now you have to expect to walk tough reservations and even book garden view as soon as 10 months out or you could be waitlisted. The rental agents which allow members to either add to their points to extend their stays or unload points for a profit that they are unable to use , have been a blessing and a curse. Disney has created issues with attendance in the parks going thru the roofs at certain times of the year that use to be a closely held secret. Now there is no slow time and coupled with cheaper point requirements in adventure season has made first two weeks of Dec about as hard as getting a studio at the GFV. Having the 11 month window and the ability to walk is about all that keeps me from selling my points as I do not choose to stay anywhere else but BW . Buying where you want to stay is best advice I was ever given. I know with Star Wars opening it will be nearly impossible to secure cheaper rooms at BWV so have to plan well in advance.

Everybody who has bought BWV after it initially sold out has bought it because they want to stay there. I bought 500+ points at BWV and I only use them there. Any of the popular resorts like BWV, BCV, BLT, VGF and POLY are eventually going to have more an more owners who only use the points to book at their home resort.

Everybody who has bought BWV after it initially sold out has bought it because they want to stay there. I bought 500+ points at BWV and I only use them there. Any of the popular resorts like BWV, BCV, BLT, VGF and POLY are eventually going to have more an more owners who only use the points to book at their home resort.

Yep - that adds to the home priority window crunch too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter