BWV Std view

mort1331

DIS Veteran
Lucky enough that our waitlist came in time for March break. Now first time what to request? I hear some you can see epcot fireworks from.

My favourite rooms are opposite tennis courts. Not near the lobby, but there’s a staircase that comes out near the pool, and a staircase back corner which comes out closest to Hollywood studios. Also yet another staircase which comes out opposite bus stop. Best thing is they are very quiet, not overlooking a busy drive with busses etc. see this for the view (this is a 2 bed lockoff, so a studio and 1 bed):

Good for you! Seeing fireworks depends on trees! Maybe ask for high floor!

I would avoid "close to elevators", as you could end up overlooking the noisy luggage drop off/pick up area. Other than that, I think standard view rooms are all pretty good for the points.

Can I ask why people feel they have the right to request specific rooms? I think that is pushy. Trying to manipulate all those reservations to balance studio, 1 berm, 2,etc and trying to keep traveling parties together now you expect them to please your room request. Just be happy. Maybe that is why rooms are ready as earlier as they had been in the past.

Can I ask why people feel they have the right to request specific rooms? I think that is pushy. Trying to manipulate all those reservations to balance studio, 1 berm, 2,etc and trying to keep traveling parties together now you expect them to please your room request. Just be happy. Maybe that is why rooms are ready as earlier as they had been in the past.

Disney allows requests but does not guarantee them. I don’t have a problem with people asking, but it frustrates me personally when you hear complaints because people didn’t get them. Or, asking the front desk to change someone else’s room so they get what they want.

Lucky enough that our waitlist came in time for March break. Now first time what to request? I hear some you can see epcot fireworks from.
Hope you and the family have an awesome trip :)

We had a standard view room facing the bus stop, we were able to see some of the higher fireworks over the trees.

We just request rooms, we have had about 50/50 success rate. We never get upset if we dont get the room. But as my momma always says, if you dont ask you will never know. So just asking that is all. Happy with all rooms we have ever had.
Disney allows requests but does not guarantee them. I don’t have a problem with people asking, but it frustrates me personally when you hear complaints because people didn’t get them. Or, asking the front desk to change someone else’s room so they get what they want.

I only have had 25% success rate.

We're at 100%! We've only stayed once and lucked out. :genie: We are definitely not expecting anything going forward, but will continue to put in requests.

We have - in almost 20 years of ownership and almost exclusive BWV stays, gotten a request once - and that was for two rooms close together for a trip that involved a cancer patient that was noted on the reservation. You are lucky to see fireworks from most of BWV - I don't know about the new show, but Illuminations happened too close to the lake and most of the show was blocked by the hill, trees, and BWV itself. The trees in the front of the resort - where the standard view villas are, have blocked a lot of views as well. Our best fireworks views at BWV have been the MK fireworks from the Boardwalk view rooms.

I would avoid close to the elevators - they are near the Magical Express unloading area and can be loud. BWVs have one set of elevators near the lobby. If you visit the pool a lot and can take a few steps, a low floor will make pool visits easier - we seldom take the elevator anywhere and will take steps down to the pool or to leave for the parks. If you can't take steps due to stroller or other wheels (or bad knees) closer to the elevator will save steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter