Bypass your room cleaning for free disney $$

NicRic

DVC Members
Currently staying at Disneys Pop Century Resort 11/29 and upon check in was asked if i would like to bypass my room being cleaned in exchange for a disney giftcard. Apparently they are short staffed and are asking people to request their room not to be cleaned in exchange for giftcards. Not sure if this is an option at other resorts right now but i opted in upon check in and recieved a $20 disney card via email within 30min. I had already done online check in weeks ago for this stay but after arriving at the resort at 2:30pm and my room still wasn’t ready seems to be that they are short handed on room cleaning staff which was how i ended up at the front desk to check in. They said after the first night you qualify for $10/night thereafter. And they also said if you need towels or anything else just call and ask for it and they will deliver. Hope some others can take advantage of this free giftcard too.

Awesome good to know. Will def be asking for this next visit too then.

I’m a dvc member. It’s so great not having them come to your room everyday. I would jump on this in a heartbeat if I was staying in a regular room.

So you received the $20 e-giftcard immediately, then at the end of the trip another egc for the other nights or did they give you a physical card at checkout? Just curious exactly how it worked. We'll be at Pop this coming trip and I'd like to ask them if we can participate.

What are the minimum stay limits? Obviously this doesn't make sense for a 1-night stay, but might it be offered for a two-night visit? (Doing a 3-resorts-in-6-nights split stay trip in January!)

We just took advantage of this at ASMovies last week. We pack all our own toiletries so the free stuff always goes untouched anyway. Same as PP, $10/night starting with our second night. The e-gift card was in my inbox in a matter of hours.

This is done often in the Sheraton hotels, Swan/Dolphin has done it for a while at Disney. I always opt for it when offered because I don't really like housekeeping in my room and since I don't make up my bed nor change my sheets daily at home, don't need it when I'm in a hotel. Heck, I leave the Do Not Disturb hanger out most nights when I travel any way even without any kind of incentive.

WE would do it. We are DVC so don't stay in the regular hotel rooms and love the lack of housekeeping with DVC. Even when we stay at hotels other places we almost always leave the do not disturb up as well.

OHHhhhh... We would TOTALLY do that.

So to clarify... it's $20 the 'second night of stay' and $10 each additional night?
1st night = $0
2nd night = $20
3rd night = $10
4th night = $10
etc for length of stay - is that correct?

OHHhhhh... We would TOTALLY do that.

So to clarify... it's $20 the 'second night of stay' and $10 each additional night?
1st night = $0
2nd night = $20
3rd night = $10
4th night = $10
etc for length of stay - is that correct?
Not quite.

For us it was:

1st night = $0
2nd night = $10
3rd night = $10
Etc.
Etc.

Dang... they're down to $10/night?! Thanks but no thanks. It was worth it at $20 and maybe even $15, but this game of how low can you go is ridiculous.
The $10.00 offer was what the had at POFQ 2 weeks ago. We were there for 7 nights and decided we wanted housekeeping. If it was $ 20.00 a night we most likely would have said yes .

Not for us. We're on holiday and what with the cost of flights, accommodation, tickets, DDP (although we do often get this free), etc., I would rather have my bed made and my bathroom cleaned rather than $10 (we're at Wilderness Lodge for 14 nights over Christmas - so excited). I love the feeling of opening the door and seeing the bed made in that lovely Disney way. Although I do understand it might suit others; we are all different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!