Bypass your room cleaning for free disney $$

You think they will offer this at the campground? Lol!! seriously, when you are spending as much as you do for the rooms, even $20 a night is not worth it. You are paying for exceptional Disney service and it should be treated as such. I agree that I will often put out the sign to refuse service on MY discreation. iMHO if they are not even going to offer a basic service( or try and talk you out of it with a token offer of 10-20 dollars) I will continue to tent camp for $70 a night and know I'm making my own bed( and perfectly ok with that) or stay offsite for 1/3 of the money!!!

What are the minimum stay limits? Obviously this doesn't make sense for a 1-night stay, but might it be offered for a two-night visit? (Doing a 3-resorts-in-6-nights split stay trip in January!)

You'd only get $30 because the first night at each resort won't count.

We did this recently for our trip (December 2-8th 2017). Received the $50 gift card and they still cleaned our room despite us telling the maid and calling down to the front desk multiple times. I tried to be an honest person - I really did. They just didn't care. Best. Deal. Ever!

I'm checking in day after tomorrow, and I'm wondering if they are still offering this. Or if it's more for peak times of the year. Has anyone been and tried in the last few weeks?

I have two rooms in my package. Would both rooms gift cards come to me? That’s like $100 for the week! Heck ya!

At Pop Century now! We were not openly offered the bypassing housekeeping deal, but we did end up getting it...

I had done the online check-in thing, complete with 1st and 2nd priority choices for room locations (lower or top floor, lake or pool view, close to buses, etc.) Before we arrived, I received an email with our room assignment and ... “with your magic band, you can bypass the front desk and go directly to you room, etc.”

I checked the map and realized that neither of our choices were honored, so I CHOSE to stop at the front desk. They were able to change the room assignment and I then told her we didn’t need housekeeping, just clean towels - I didn’t really think we would be offered the gift card as I thought that was a trial thing and was over. Evidently not! We received a $30 electronic gc for a 4 night stay! Wish they would have started that years ago! We’ve rarely accepted housekeeping, just not a fan. We charge stuff to the room and before checkout, we will stop by the front desk and they will scan the electronic gift card and it will be applied to the balance. Nice!

At Pop Century now! We were not openly offered the bypassing housekeeping deal, but we did end up getting it...

I had done the online check-in thing, complete with 1st and 2nd priority choices for room locations (lower or top floor, lake or pool view, close to buses, etc.) Before we arrived, I received an email with our room assignment and ... “with your magic band, you can bypass the front desk and go directly to you room, etc.”

I checked the map and realized that neither of our choices were honored, so I CHOSE to stop at the front desk. They were able to change the room assignment and I then told her we didn’t need housekeeping, just clean towels - I didn’t really think we would be offered the gift card as I thought that was a trial thing and was over. Evidently not! We received a $30 electronic gc for a 4 night stay! Wish they would have started that years ago! We’ve rarely accepted housekeeping, just not a fan. We charge stuff to the room and before checkout, we will stop by the front desk and they will scan the electronic gift card and it will be applied to the balance. Nice!

$30 for 4 nights?

I guess they have lowered the $15 per night original offer.

More people must be taking the deal. I wonder where it lands.

$5/night when its all said and done?

$30 for 4 nights?

I guess they have lowered the $15 per night original offer.

More people must be taking the deal. I wonder where it lands.

$5/night when its all said and done?
I believe it’s $10/night but it doesn’t include the first night

Yes, I think it is $10 per night - and technically they are paying you for the first three nights, since they do clean the room after the last night. We are home now and even though we did all of this, housekeeping must not have gotten the message, as on Day #2 they did clean the room. The night before we left, we stopped at the Concierge desk to ask for 2 washcloths and 1 hand towel. While we were out, someone dropped off 8 of everything. Such a waste. Evidently, communication between the front desk and housekeeping is not all that good.

It is not done at deluxe or dvc resorts, only at values and moderates. Regardless of declining housekeeping, someone will do a daily check of your room with the new security policy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter