Cabana Bay Family Suites - interior or exterior entry

billlaurie

Disneyfan
Trying to decide whether to book interior or exterior entry for a family suite and looking for advice. Which do you prefer and why?

Trying to decide whether to book interior or exterior entry for a family suite and looking for advice. Which do you prefer and why?

I have never been, but I booked the interior suite for next month for a couple of reasons:
- it just feels more secure; I have never been a fan of the exterior "motel-style" entry - one of the reasons I have been hesitant to stay at a Disney value or moderate
- I feel like it will be quieter - less parking lot noise and people outside the rooms
- I like the window location better in the interior suite; figure we would never be able to leave the curtains open knowing that people could be walking by - we are in Florida for the sun, after all! :)

You may also want to post your question on the Cabana Bay "sticky" - you might get more responses.

I have not been either but I thought (from photos I viewed online) that the exterior family suite has the "living space" at the front (by the windows) and the beds beyond that with no windows to look in or out. Am I wrong?

I have not been either but I thought (from photos I viewed online) that the exterior family suite has the "living space" at the front (by the windows) and the beds beyond that with no windows to look in or out. Am I wrong?
You are right. The interior suites have the windows in the sleeping area. We always get these suites facing the lazy river pool.

I stayed in an Exterior Entry last trip (2017)
It was great for ease of access to the bus and pools etc, we were on the ground floor so super quick to get to where we needed to go, it was NOISY. We were right next to a gate that every single person slammed shut at all hours of the night, also the car park can be right outside your door and it was also very noisy.
We're thinking of staying here again this year and will 100% do an Interior Entry this time.

I only do the interior entry for a few reasons:

1. In the Florida heat (and potentially rain), I want climate control while walking to my room after a long day at the parks.
2. I adore the lazy river and having it right outside my door is an important convenience.
3. I don't have to go through the lobby every single time I go to the food court or the buses.
4. The interior entry area is closer to Volcano Bay.

It usually isn't much more and I find it worth it.

FWIW, my group stayed in an exterior entry family suite in June and we really liked it. We had some sensitive sleepers in our group, so the fact that the window was in the living space and not the bedroom worked really well for us. We were in the Thunderbird building (I think), on the second floor, with a parking lot view and it was very quiet. The slide pool in general was more quiet than the lazy river pool, and we had an easier time finding space in that hot tub too. I felt like I had more noise pollution when I stayed in a standard tower room - but it also just really depends on where your room is and how considerate your neighbors are.

We stayed in an exterior family suite on the ground floor facing the pool. Loved it! The only noise we heard was from our next door neighbours on our first night, but they left in the morning, thank goodness!

I would choose an interior suite next time, just because it’s closer to the lazy river where we spent most of our time. But I do actually prefer exterior to interior.

We have only stayed in interior but booked interior again for 3 reasons: 1) closer to volcano bay 2) closer to lazy river pool 3) I am scared of heights so I don't want to be near a high balcony, but love looking out a window.

We stayed last year in an Interior....and we loved it. We were facing one of the fire pits, and had quick access to the pool, were close to VB, and the buses.

Leaving Saturday, yay! Lots of things going through my head-
Can I take food and drinks to the pool? beer that I get with my grocery delivery? I know we will hang out poolside. Trying to decide on what I’m ordering and won’t waste money on snacks and drinks for pool if they do t allow outside items. Thanks
ETA- I meant this for the cabana bay sticky but can’t figure out how to delete

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!