Cabana Bay Questions

PlutoLuvr

KORT RORP/ERS AULS TKPWET T LA*S WORD :)
Greetings!!!

First time staying at CB for two nights only. We normally stay at RPR, but we're traveling with another couple and wanted the extra room. We aren't buying park tickets. Only going for HHN. We want to enjoy the resorts and Citiwalk, as well as CB, as we've never been.

First, what are some favorites of CB? We're midlifers, no kids and like to party/eat. Pool? Diner? Martinis?

Next, I KNOW I'll need to duck over to RPR for some sushi and maybe some happy hour at Tchop Choup. I've been there a million times, but what's the best course for us to get over there from CB? Is there any sort of path we can walk? We stayed at Sapphire last year and I could physically see CB from a pool walkway, but not sure of how to navigate.

Y'all are the best for routes and whatnot. A couple years ago, someone posted a pic of the HRH hotel parking lot and an outline for how to save 10 minutes off the PBR walk to the parks. Any tips, room recommendations or suggestions would be welcome :)

Thank you!

Greetings!!!

First time staying at CB for two nights only. We normally stay at RPR, but we're traveling with another couple and wanted the extra room. We aren't buying park tickets. Only going for HHN. We want to enjoy the resorts and Citiwalk, as well as CB, as we've never been.

First, what are some favorites of CB? We're midlifers, no kids and like to party/eat. Pool? Diner? Martinis?

Next, I KNOW I'll need to duck over to RPR for some sushi and maybe some happy hour at Tchop Choup. I've been there a million times, but what's the best course for us to get over there from CB? Is there any sort of path we can walk? We stayed at Sapphire last year and I could physically see CB from a pool walkway, but not sure of how to navigate.

Y'all are the best for routes and whatnot. A couple years ago, someone posted a pic of the HRH hotel parking lot and an outline for how to save 10 minutes off the PBR walk to the parks. Any tips, room recommendations or suggestions would be welcome :)

Thank you!

We just got back from our second trip to Cabana Bay. We love it there.

Room recommendations? Americana Wing, far down building 5 or begining of 6. Get a even number room and enjoy the best view od Volcano Bay you can get without paying extra.

The Bayline Diner has some great food. I am partial to there beef brisket grilled cheese for lunch and there beef with chimichurri sauce for dinner. They make a good pizza as well.

Do not neglect there pool cafes to. Thr Atomic Cafe makes wonderful Mediterranean sandwhiches.

I prefer the pool with the lazy river. Its deeper then the pool with the slide and the lazy river is a great lounging place.

Cant say to much for drinks but can say there are fire pits around the pool area. Including a secluded one up some steps above the bar (lazy river side bar) so it would be a nice place to enjoy them.

Not sure the best way to RPR. I do know there is a path from CB to the parks. I believe it passes by the deluxe resorts but am not sure. My next best idea woud be take SF boat to Citywalk and then boat to RPR.

Thank you, Dis_Fan!!! Fantastic information. Sounds like we may be spending the bulk of our time at CB! This sounds totally our speed.

There is a walking path from CB that merges with the one from RP. Go to the Orlando Informer site for a nice interactive map.

Thank you, JaxDad! That map is just what I was looking for :)

You in Jax, FL?

There is a walking path from CB that merges with the one from RP. Go to the Orlando Informer site for a nice interactive map.
I asked the desk where this walking path was when I was there on the 22nd and they told me "it was closed because no one uses it." This is exactly what the front desk person told us! I sure hope she wasn't giving us misinformation!

I asked the desk where this walking path was when I was there on the 22nd and they told me "it was closed because no one uses it." This is exactly what the front desk person told us! I sure hope she wasn't giving us misinformation!

I hope not! Have reservations there for Thanksgiving and I know the buses will be crazy. I really like Cabana Bay but the lack of a water shuttle is a real negative IMHO... but for my trip it's literally $300 a night less than PBH...

Walking from CB to RPR is pretty easy. We did it a bunch of times on our last stay. We just crossed the street from the main driveway of CB. While there is not an official crosswalk, there are lights and it's not all that bad. Takes approx. 10 minutes or so. Here's a simple map.
CB_to_RPR.jpg

Walking from CB to RPR is pretty easy. We did it a bunch of times on our last stay. We just crossed the street from the main driveway of CB. While there is not an official crosswalk, there are lights and it's not all that bad. Takes approx. 10 minutes or so. Here's a simple map.

please be advised that crossing is not recommenced.

Here is the sign at the exit of Sapphire Falls. It's *probably* standing there for a reason.
Please, do not risk your, or any party member, or any DISer's life for the sake of an 8 minutes walk

sWOqMx.jpg

The Garden Walk is open

The entrance is in the parking lot for the Couryard side of the hotel.
Walk up the stairs, follow the path, then make the first right.
you'll walk along the sidewalk and end up at the entrance of Sapphire Falls
once inside the lobby at SF, take the elevator all the way down
exit the stairs, and go right. Exit through the doors and pass by the Water Taxi Launch
go follow the path that winds up along the river, and under the bridge.
you'll then arrive at RPR near the convention center.
Follow to the left, and you'll end up at the boat launch / pool.

we've done it from CBBR to SF boat launch in 10 minutes (going through garden walk) and I'm disabled, so cannot walk easily, and let alone fast.

Indeed there is a sign there asking not to cross at this location (there is a similar one on the Cabana Bay side too). So in crossing there, one would indeed do so at their own risk.

That being said, you can see in the picture there are traffic lights there to stop traffic. Just not an official cross walk lane.

Wow, can't say enough about everyone's recommendations and CBBR!

Dis_Fan, I copied and pasted your room suggestion in an email to customer service and got it. Flippin' AMAZING view and proximity to everything. We ended up Americana, 5752. Wow, Wow, Wow. Wasn't able to enjoy the lazy river/deeper pool much due to construction noises. Other pool was a ton of fun.

I was with a group of five intelligent, well-read adults, and we all had trouble finding a "path" out of CBBR to the parks/Citywalk. We never saw the sign above. Constantly felt like we were wandering in areas we shouldn't have been when trying to walk to the parks. Staff was super, but what they outlined for us on our resort maps just didn't make sense once we were outside and trying to find a walkway. I mean, we made it. We lived, lol. One night we took buses simply because of the weather; one night we walked because it was gorgeous out. Maybe if we were staying more than 36 hours, we could have tackled that a bit more. There is construction everywhere around CBBR, and I think this may have an effect on signage.

Anyway, had just a tremendous time. We've now stayed at all the onsite resorts, and all things being equal, I think CBBR may have become our favorite. FWIW, we did not do the parks during the day. We just enjoyed the resort, hit Harbor Nights over at PBR, HHN another night and chillaxed around the pool.

Thanks again to the DIS and posters here for their help and suggestions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!