Cabana Bay Questions

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
We are doing a few resort days before our cruise in June. We decided to stay at Cabana Bay to enjoy the pools and general resort theme.

1. Should we bring floats with us for the pool/lazy river? What size?

2. What is the closest grocery store?

3. Is it better to walk or drive to CityWalk?

I can't answer the first two questions.
For CityWalk we took the bus at Cabana Bay. There's a bus about every 5-10 minutes. Just a short ride to CityWalk. It's free.

Have a nice trip!

You can bring your own floats, they will fill them with air. I brought a round one with a cup holder (the bar sells drinks in cups you can take in the water). The floats are nice for the regular pool also. Floats are not required for the lazy river though.

Definitely take the bus to Citywalk. I have walked back to CB from the parks, takes about 20 minutes. I would never drive there from CB though!

No idea on grocery stores, try Google maps maybe.

If you want a float then you should definitely bring one. Otherwise I think you can buy one there (probably high priced) but there are not just floats there for anyone to use.

There are grocery stores close by...…

Walmart, Publix and Walgreens are all a short drive...….a quick Google search will find their addresses.

Definitely use the buses to Citywalk, makes no sense to drive since you`ll need to pay to park again and buses are very regular there according to folks that stay there.

We just got back from Cabana Bay & loved it. You can bring your own float (they will inflate for you) buy one there ( they are actually really good quality) orrrrr, you can ask one of the pool area workers & they will find you a discarded one to use.

We just got back from Cabana Bay & loved it. You can bring your own float (they will inflate for you) buy one there ( they are actually really good quality) orrrrr, you can ask one of the pool area workers & they will find you a discarded one to use.
Thanks for the great suggestions!

How much do they currently charge for the pool floats? TIA!
I am not sure because we brought one of our own & the staff gave us a discarded one. Best guess would be between $12-$18 depending on if you get the basic one or the bigger one with the handles.

floats at Cabana Bay start at $7 and go up to around $15 for the biggest one. So you can bring your own but if it is forgotten they aren't overly expensive. Also they will fill your float with air even if you have bought your own.

Take the free shuttle to CityWalk, the bus goes every 5 mins and I mean every 5 mins! It's crazy efficient. We also enjoyed the walk but it takes around 25mins at a decent pace.

We were there this week. We bought the pool floats there. Kid size one was $7 and the adult size one was $9 but if you are a smaller adult the kid size one fit me. My husband who is 6'3" and 205 lbs floated on the kids one for a little bit and it floated him. They do sell ones with cup holders there but I think that one was $14. We deflated them and I brought a giant ziplock and we took them home with us. You can use them in the regular pool too.

The walk seems really far to me. We took the bus - we never had to wait for a bus there was always one at the hotel but they are packed we had to stand every time. But the ride is short.

We are doing a few resort days before our cruise in June. We decided to stay at Cabana Bay to enjoy the pools and general resort theme.

1. Should we bring floats with us for the pool/lazy river? What size?

2. What is the closest grocery store?

3. Is it better to walk or drive to CityWalk?

1 - YES! You can bring floats with you! I saw some people with some pretty big ones - a slice of Pizza Float! I will say that I purchased some cheap ones in Walmart....they ended up popping pretty fast with my boys, however the ones we purchased at Cabana bay got abused and beat and never once lost air!
2 - We stayed at a family suit in Cabana Bay last year (will be doing it again this fall), and since we opted out of a rental car, we Ubered it to the closest which was Walmart - it was about $6 each way, and we were able to get some basics to keep in the room (Water, Milk, Cereal, snacks for the kids, wine for us parents :teeth:) But the ride was short, so even driving you should be there in less than 10 minutes.
3 - Like some other posters, bus it. No need to look for parking once you are there and the bus ride is super quick and they are really consistent!

Not to hijack, but would you say half or the majority of people use pool floats in the pool and lazy river? I'd feel funny on my float if we were in the minority or the only ones!

Not to hijack, but would you say half or the majority of people use pool floats in the pool and lazy river? I'd feel funny on my float if we were in the minority or the only ones!
It’s a mix of people who use floats or not. Saw a few adults without floats but seems the kids like to go without, have a pic on camera I will upload when we get home .

I may be in the minority but if you enjoy walking, I would walk from CB to City Walk. Its a nice, pleasant walk. A portion of it is shaded. And much less wall to wall people on the bus. After waiting for the bus, riding the bus, and going through security, I actually thought overall the walk was faster if you want to be near the parks or at the other end of City Walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!