Cabana on last morning

I've never gone to cabanas for last breakfast, but maybe I'll give it a try next time. I do like to say goodbye to the serving staff, but I know they are rushing to get us out so they can turn over the ship for new passengers, so maybe I would be doing them a favor by not giving them more work to do.

And I will say the only time I have had a bad - I mean, seriously, inedible - breakfast was on disembarkation morning on the Wonder Pixar cruise out of LA. I had GF pancakes (which had been good all week ) that were so bad I had to (discreetly) spit the bite into my napkin. I didn't say anything because our servers seemed so busy. Also, I do hate how crowded it feels with all the passengers and their carry-on luggage trying to navigate through the MDR tables.

I can only think it may be to do with tipping. If you get poor service in the MDR last morning, did they tip correct? That's a logical explanation and why some may prefer to go to Cabanas to avoid their servers????
that is by far the most ridiculous thing i have read. i do hope it is meant as a joke and not meant to offend those of us who prefer something you have been fighting very hard to prove is not the right way to do things.
there are other opinions and not necessarily wrong ones. i do suppose thats hard to believe.
as has been said many times in this thread alone, everyone is different.

Last edited:
We usually do the MDR for breakfast and we have gotten lucky that our servers are rushed, but always seemed to be the same. Guess it helps being friends with them to begin with. Cabanas is great when doing b2b cruises.

We've never had a good breakfast in the MDR. My dh prefers a sit down breakfast as opposed to buffet, but we're doing early dining this year, so we will def. be doing Cabana's this time around. It's going to be a long travel day, and an extra hour of sleep will go a long way!

I think, breakfast in the MDR is very confusing to the cruiser especially if you have 1st seating. I've done both and I felt like the second seating was little less rushed. Anyways, for me it has always been confusing because we always tip well and many times above the suggested amount and the servers are not very friendly. They seem distracted and must have a lot on their plate. I don't know what their issue is but frankly I don't care for their attitude. On our last cruise it was the first time we did the buffet thing and we loved it.

I always choose a sit-down meal, when possible--EXCEPT on the last morning. Then we always go to Cabanas. First, 6:45 is ridiculously early. And second, it's so very crowded in there with luggage piled up everywhere and servers rushing about. And they run out of the pastries I want :(
We just go up to Cabanas now and take our time. We get exactly what we want and no rushing. It works much better for us with small children.

We like to get off the ship as early as possible and have breakfast back at WDW or in the area. After many days of the same thing, I am looking for a change. Its all personal preference, everyone has different experiences. You could eat at your favorite place at home every night and get some meals or service that wasnt good.

I can only think it may be to do with tipping. If you get poor service in the MDR last morning, did they tip correct? That's a logical explanation and why some may prefer to go to Cabanas to avoid their servers????

You may not realize how utterly insulting this post is and completely illogical. I can assure you tipping has nothing to do with why our servers were rushed and distant the last morning at breakfast in the MDR's (on many cruises). We have always had an excellent rapport with our various wait staff over the years and always tipped above and beyond the standard. I know you hate to be challenged and for people to have an opposite opinion of yours but the fact is there are many threads from people who have experienced the same things as we did. Rushed service on the last morning in the MDR is not something new. Maybe they have improved and if so that is great.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything and it is a personal choice to dine in the MDR on the last morning or at the buffet but for you to insinuate that the reason people get rushed service, not as pleasant attitude or food that is not brought out hot is because they didn't tip well or they want to avoid their servers is just outrageous.

MJ

I got off the Dream this morning and we went to Cabanas since I needed to be at MCO as early as possible. The continental breakfast is larger than what I would call continental. Besides pastries there were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits and yogurt with toppings along with the regular selection of cereals. There could have been a few other things but not as much as the typical breakfast.

This is the most illogical statement I've read in long time. You are REALLY going to suggest others are poor tippers because their experience is different than yours? That is just SO insulting and wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!