cabana question

thedisneymom

I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Li
which pool at Portifino has the dive-in movie, which night, and which cabana number is good for a great view? Thank you so much!

Does anyone know? Spideyhulk how about you? Did you see where the cabanas where or possibly Partyofsix?

Hey thedisneymom!!! Just saw your post. If I am not mistaken and Jessica would be the pro at this, I believe the cabanas are at the villa/quiet pool. Not sure when their dive in movie is, but the other two resorts usually have them on Fri/Sat., but it does change, so I would call the resort. I do know for sure that there are no cabanas at the beach pool.

Hope that helps.

The cabanas are all at the Villa pool at Portofino. When we were there last they had the dive-in movie at the Beach pool and it was a saturday night.

You guys are great!! Thanks again for all the help.
JessicaR- any special number cabana you recommend and why/

The cabanas look nicer at the Portofino Bay but is the villa pool (where the cabanas are located there) "dead" - like no activity at all? Or would it still be fun to book one?

OR would the cabanas at the Hard Rock be a better choice for being in the middle of " the action " (such that it is).

Originally posted by Puffy2
The cabanas look nicer at the Portofino Bay but is the villa pool (where the cabanas are located there) "dead" - like no activity at all? Or would it still be fun to book one?

OR would the cabanas at the Hard Rock be a better choice for being in the middle of " the action " (such that it is).

They had waitress service at the cabanas for drinks and food. It was a quiet atmosphere but we enjoyed it! There is a bocce ball court and a cold plunge pool as well as a hot tub. During that same trip we rented a cabana at HRH. We saw the dive in movie and spent the day at the pool, dinner in the cabana. There was much more activity going on there. If you are looking for action pick a cabana at HRH.

Just a BTW...the loungers at Portofino Villa pool were so comfortable! The cabanas were just as nice at HRH. The amenities were the same at both. We had a fruit bowl and soda and water a TV and a fan and phone. Mini frig too.

thedisneymom,
I think there were 16 cabanas, cant remember which # we were in. All in all each ones location is scattered about the Villa pool and I dont recall that one was better than the other.

I always love your responses because they are so detailed and just perfect. Spidey was right! Thanks again. I wouldn't have thought of booking a cabana at one of the other hotels on their dive-in night. Great tip!

Can someone help me out with cabana pricing and reservation details? Do you rent by the hour/day??

It depends where you rent one. For the most part it is $75 a day or $40 for 1/2 a day. If you are staying in Club Level you get them for $40 the whole day. Now at the HRH, they also have two themed ones. Those are $100 dollars a day.

I would definitely spring for the whole day if you are going to lounge at the resort. It actually turns out cheaper.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter