Cabanas for dinner

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
hi

How many of you have eaten an odd dinner at the above?

Do you recommend it?

Can you still eat outside in the evenings

Many thanks

We have eaten there once on a short cruise on The Dream in May.
I don't believe there is outside dining.
There were just a few people in the place with us, mostly the hired performers.
The servers are being trained as they are new.
We enjoyed it and would do it again.

We ate dinner once at Cabanas on our 11 night Southern. 7 of us and everyone enjoyed it
Dinner was as good as MDR, and did not take as long. Hours were 6:30-8:30pm, we went at 7pm
Since we always have the late seating it is a nice change
Not sure if you could eat outside
Definitely will eat there again

I was going to eat there one night, but discovered that the menu pretty much consisted of my least favorite (translation: things I don't eat) items from the other menus. No mention was made of this mythical carving station that others have commented on in the past.

We have only eaten there like twice, since we have never done a long enough cruise to go more than once. I actually like it there! I like that service is in and out. We have eaten in like 30 minutes, which is way better than almost 2 hours in the MDR (we don't like long drawn out meals!). Never anyone in there either! Food was basically same as MDR. We are going on the Fantasy next month, and will probably eat in there a few times!

Really? I did not know that! I will have to check that out in September for our Fantasy cruise! Thanks! :flower3:

On our last Dream cruise, there were people having brunch outside at Palo. And Scott mentioned in his blog, that people had an outside table for dinner. But, I think it has to be pretty limited as there is not much space.

We always skip the rotation restaurants during the middle nights (or night) of our cruise and dine at Cabanas instead!

My experience is really in the middle. On our May 2018 it was busier than I had anticipated so maybe it is not so much of a secret anymore. Food and service are similar to the MDR so no big edge to either here.

If you are looking for something or someplace other then the MDR it is a good option. Even without the outside seating it may have good sunset views. Dinner is typically at the very back section on starboard side, so if the timing and ships path are correct it is the same view as Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter