Cabins at Wilderness Lodge

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
Just booked 5 nights in a cabin May 2020 with free dining.
Has anyone any reviews for me as it’s not somewhere I see much for :sunny: I’m travelling with DD 21 and her 23 year old fella so it was either 2 rooms or 1 cabin which worked out about the same price. Didn’t want to risk being a million miles away from each other as WDW couldn’t guarantee rooms close together :flower1: (plus the fact I really, really want to sneak a peek at the site :crazy:

I've never stayed there but walked round plenty of times. The cabins have 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom I think, so for me I would have gone for the 2 rooms.
This thread may have some helpful information https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ns-campgrounds-information-questions.3218169/
If we’d been spending the whole 14 nights there I would have to agree about the two rooms but think I can survive 5 nights ..... and enjoy spending the £800 or so I’ll save :sunny: (plus I’ve ‘bagged’ the bedroom so can shut the door) :rolleyes1

Ok so I haven’t stayed in the cabins so cannot help but just wanted to clarify whether you’re talking about the cabins at fort wilderness campground (which I’ve also been curious about but without a car never booked) or the DVC copper creek villas cabins (which look amazing but I though cost a whole lot more than two rooms in he main lodge)???

Ok so I haven’t stayed in the cabins so cannot help but just wanted to clarify whether you’re talking about the cabins at fort wilderness campground (which I’ve also been curious about but without a car never booked) or the DVC copper creek villas cabins (which look amazing but I though cost a whole lot more than two rooms in he main lodge)???

Definitely Fort Wilderness Campground :) I, too, saw the price for the Copper Creek Villas and reckon it'd take about 100 years of NHS pay rises (I'm a nurse :)) and for the price to stay the same in the meantime before we could consider a stay there :p pixiedust:

We as a family of 4 (2 teenagers) stayed in The cabins at FW in 2001. Our first but not last visit. We had the Murphy bed and our 2 teenagers had the bedroom which had separate beds. We hired a golf buggy which the children now in early 30’ s still remember with affection. Could have saved thousands, just hired them a golf buggy for the summer! Main reason for hiring buggy was we were quite a long way from bus stops and boat dock. No car.
Sure things have changed since then but we really enjoyed our week stay. Handy to have breakfast before parks and stagger bathroom use.

Just booked 5 nights in a cabin May 2020 with free dining.
Has anyone any reviews for me as it’s not somewhere I see much for :sunny: I’m travelling with DD 21 and her 23 year old fella so it was either 2 rooms or 1 cabin which worked out about the same price. Didn’t want to risk being a million miles away from each other as WDW couldn’t guarantee rooms close together :flower1: (plus the fact I really, really want to sneak a peek at the site :crazy:
We stayed there in 2016 as a family of 6.
4 adults & 2 children.
Myself & the wife had the Murphy bed in the living room.
My sister & her husband with they're 2 daughters had the Bedroom with the bed & bunk beds.
We loved it there.
We only had 1 bathroom, so each day myself & brother in law walked over to the comfort station in loop 1100.
Here there were showers & basins we could use.
Some people might find this a bit awkward but we were fine with it.
We were staying in loop 2500 which was close to the second pool, this was quiet most days.
Go on you tube there are a load of videos of the camp ground & rooms.

So, to update 😀 We’re now staying at Old Key West in a 2 bed villa 🥰 Absolutely can’t wait and can just close the door to the ‘kids’ bedroom 😜

To be honest I think you’ve made a better choice there. I stayed in OKW in 2013 in a 1 bedroom with DD and SIL. I had a bed in the living room, my own bathroom and they had the bedroom with their bathroom. The living room was so large that we left the bed up all the time, ready to climb into at end of a long day. We did have a car that week so didn't use the bus transport much as SIL loved driving over there. We then went on the Disney Dream for a cruise to the Bahamas for 4 nights where it was great to have our own separate cabins.

To be honest I think you’ve made a better choice there. I stayed in OKW in 2013 in a 1 bedroom with DD and SIL. I had a bed in the living room, my own bathroom and they had the bedroom with their bathroom. The living room was so large that we left the bed up all the time, ready to climb into at end of a long day. We did have a car that week so didn't use the bus transport much as SIL loved driving over there. We then went on the Disney Dream for a cruise to the Bahamas for 4 nights where it was great to have our own separate cabins.
I was happy to go with the 1 bedroom either at OKW or Saratoga Springs which, with the free Dining and a 2 extra nights would have worked out less, but there were none available.
I'm certain that 2 bedrooms will suit us much better than 1 and, with the free dining, 2 extra nights and $300 spending money that Attraction Tickets Direct were offering it only works out a little more than booking the extra 2 nights at the Cabins..... :cool1:

2 bedrooms give you all your own space. I’ve added WDW onto a solo trip I’m doing to Memphis and New Orleans this September. Haven’t booked any accommodation yet though still looking at options.

So, to update 😀 We’re now staying at Old Key West in a 2 bed villa 🥰 Absolutely can’t wait and can just close the door to the ‘kids’ bedroom 😜

You love OKW and the extra room your have, you also have the benefit of having the Kitchen, washing machine, dryer and two bathrooms and you can take the boat to Disney Springs.

Your have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter