• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cabins sound great... now to rent a car or not?

tooraloora

Earning My Ears
thanks for input below! i checked out the photos and testimonials on wdwig for the cabins and that convinced me to make a res. i got the code *** which was 176 per night. ouch re the USD, but it sounds like the 24/7 "magic" will be worth it, also with the quieter pace, playgrounds, room to for the kids to run a bit. sooooo... to rent a car or not? we will need to get groceries of course, but sounds like there are some ways around that (shuttle or rent car for one day), but i guess i am wondering about getting to from the resorts other than MK. we plan a day each in MK, Epcot, MGM and AK as well as a day at Typhoon, and going to Downtown disney at least once. Advice most welcome from those who have BTDT!:D

We always rent a car only because with small children we don't like having to depend on the bus transportation. We take the car to the Super Wal-mart in Kissimee to do our food shopping (very cheap!!) and we also use it to go to all the other theme parks except the Magic Kingdom. Be aware that you can park your car right outside your cabin at FW but you can't use it to get around the campground. You either have to use their buses or rent a golf cart or bicycle (to go to the trading post or beach, for example). With a car it also gives you freedom to do other "non-disney" things like Sea World or go shopping at the outlets. Hope this helps!!

Rent a car..... you will be able to go to the local supermarket and pick up food. Put the kitchen to good use. When we stayed there we stocked the refridg for the week. It saved us alot of money not having to buy food in the parks.

We use Tiffany Town Car to drive us to/from the airport, and they will make a grocery store stop for you at no additional charge! Then, we just take the Disney transportation everywhere. I think the FW transportation is great (once you figure it out!)! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter