Cable TV/Wifi at sites?

chapie1968

DIS Veteran
Haven't been to the FOrt in 20 years. We are renting a trailer. Do you have to pay for TV or is it just plug and play?

Also, how is the wi-fi? I know you can get something for the sites at the out post. Our son is taking a couple of online summer courses and he wants to be able to keep up.

Cable tv and wifi are free...just bring a connection cable for the tv. Don't need any additional equipment for the wifi...just select it from your phone, or computer.

some folks with older TVs might need to borrow a digital tuner...they might have them at the Fort for loan but since I don't need one I'm not sure about availability.

Wifi availability will vary depending on how many folks are trying to use it at the same time...I found nighttime to be slower than during the day.

have fun!

You mentioned renting a trailer, are you bringing it in and setting up or is the rental company doing it for you? If the rental company is delivering and setting up, they should have the cable TV hooked up for you. If you are bringing the trailer, then like Disneypeach said, make sure to bring a good length coax cable. Make sure the antenna tuner is off and then go to the TV menu and have the TV search for cable channels. If that doesn't work, then do as Disneypeach says above and go to the Meadows Trading Post and check out a digital tuner to connect between the cable and your TV. There is no cost for it unless you don't return it by your check out day.

Wifi can be hit or miss, I've had it good enough to be able to stream Netflix and Hulu and then other times I can't even get my phone to stay connected to it. They no longer offer the modem you are thinking of, that connection was so much more reliable than the wifi they have now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!