Cafe Mickey - reviews

002-8.jpg
008-1-1.jpg

005-1-4.jpg
003-10.jpg

004-1.jpg
006-1-1.jpg

007-1-1.jpg

We ate here at lunchtime on 23rd March. We'd reserved a table in advance which proved to be a good idea because it was busy! We were seated near the kitchen where the characters enter, dh could tell us who was coming next from where he was sat. We ordered 2 pizzas, garlic bread and a side of fries which was far too much between the 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant. We ended up leaving most of the fries and half a pizza. The service was fast and the characters brilliant, as usual. We saw mickey, piglet, rabbit, pluto, eeyore and donald. We'll definitely be back - its one of our favourites!

We ate here on Sunday 20th October and loved it - we went to inventions that day for Sunday brunch and much preferred our cafe mickey food and experience to inventions!!

Me and hubby had the Italian burger and fries and hubby had a pint of beer I had diet coke and the boys had a glass of milk each, hubby had a desert and the boys had ice cream and the bill was just over €90 we really enjoyed the foo here and will def return next year!!

We had reservations for Cafe Mickey on Wednesday, October 15th at 6:00 pm. We were seated promptly, in the area by the large front windows, which was nice at its away from most of the noise of the main room, but also a little awkward as many people walking by would stop with their faces to the glass looking in, same with their children. :eek:

It was husband and I, and our 11 year old. We each ordered a coke, DS and I each ordered a Margherita pizza, and husband ordered a Pizza royal. They all arrived quickly and we each devoured them, even DS ate the whole thing! I'm not a fan of the breakfast at Cafe Mickey, or much of the food, but I do love their pizzas! Total was about 65€ total.

Characters we met were Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Geppetto and Goofy.

we ate here twice last week.

the first time for lunch. there were six of us and i had ordered my dd a birthday cake. the food was a bit hit and miss. i ordered the penne pasta and it was delicious. i ordered a pizza for my mam and ash and that was also good.

my cousins son just wanted chips but they only had waffle fries which he wouldn't eat and we weren't told that when we ordered.

my uncle ordered soup which arrived after his steak and he didn't like it. it was very watery and didn't really taste of anything.

my aunt had chicken and potatoes which was ok.

my dd was speechless when her cake came out. she only waited five years to have her birthday cake at cafe mickey. during this visit we also witnessed a waiter have an argument with a family over a spilled drink, it was really unnecessary and spoiled the atmosphere a bit. i had also seen this same guy have an argument with a family over a dish they sent back in june. i have no idea how he still has a job.

the second time ashleigh and i went in the evening and had pizza and waffle fries. the pizza was nice but the plate of waffle fries was half empty. when you are paying five euros you expect to at least get a decent portion. we had to leave before tigger got over to us so only saw four characters.

the food in cafe mickey seems to be getting worse and the service isn't always that great. it almost feels like they know they are the cheapest character meal there so people will go regardless.

We ate here on 20th March, we didn't have a reservation so queued from 11.30am and got in immediately. We were cheapskates and shared a pizza and garlic bread whic was plenty for us (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant) we were asked if we wanted drinks but we were ok, our waiter still brought us a jug of water (free) and we also enjoyed the bread rolls (again free) We saw 6 characters - chp, dale, mickey, minnie, pluto, goofy and Gepetto. We really enjoy a lunchtime sitting here, dinners are just so busy. Our meal came to €24.50, we'd definitely eat here again!

We ate here 18th march at 6.30pm. 2 adults and 2 children.

I had the fish and chips @ €20.99! Daylight robbery i know! It was a lovely big portion and tasted ok,not the best ive ever had but definitely not the worst. Wife had the steak. Was a tad fatty she said but was ok. I think it was €24.99? The kids had veg soup, chicken pasta and choc mousse and we all had a drink each, they were around €4 each i believe. I think the kids meal was €13.50 each. Character wise we saw mickey, tigger, Pluto, gepeto, and goofy.

After my shareholders discount my bill was still €81! Character interaction was amazing mind but the food not as good as it used to be and im sure the menu isn't as big as it was the last time we came in 2011. But still the one character meal we always end up doing.

We ate in here on Wednesday 15 October 2014 at around 6pm

I asked the concierge in the hotel if we could book a table here on the day and the only time he had available was 10pm - much too late. But, we thought we'd just go there for opening, 17.30 and see if we could get in.

We were at the door of Cafe Mickey for 17.30 and there was already a queue, but is was mostly with people who had reservations. The CM came out and took everyone's name and also ours. There was only one other family in front of us that didn't have a reservation. By 17.45 we were inside and shown to our table downstairs in the conservatory area. I liked this little leaflet on the table

We came here specifically to order pizza and were not really bothered about a character experience. The waiter was very good and served us quickly. Lovely warm bread rolls were brought to our table with our drinks.

We ordered a Margherita pizza 16.99E and a Royale pizza, 19.49E to share. We also had 4 portions of waffle fries, 5.00E each. We had asked for normal fries but they don't do them anymore. Also all had a drink, 4.39E.

It was nice and quiet in this area which is what we needed - all a bit tired...Dinner arrived quickly and it was delicious

Nice little tubes of sauce and mayo

We could see the characters starting to arrive inside the main part of the restaurant. The kids really weren't bothered about meeting them, but our server delayed clearing our table and getting the bill. I think he was trying to make sure we met them, which was very thoughtful of him:

Soon Minnie arrived

And Goofy

Happy with our meal we left after this. I could see that the other characters were Mickey, Tigger and Pluto. This turned out to be our cheapest table service meal, 66.67E including Shareholders discount :thumbsup2

Bit late with our review and the menu changed to the set one just after our visit.
Cafe Mickey is another must do for us although it saddens me to see how much the menu has been cut.
Luckily for me Fantasia mushrooms are still there, always my starter, for mains I had chicken fillet with crushed potatoes and baby tomatoes and giant profiterole from the set menu. Liam had pizza and the chocolate fondant a la carte.
It was one of our favourite meals and all the characters came to our table including Donald, I'm sure we've not seen him in there before.
Used my shareholders discount and with drinks we paid around £60.00.
I heard a lot about the change to the menu and how expensive and poor it was, but just sat down with Liam now and I can see us returning in August.
Done some sums and with our AP discount it'll cost around the same :)

We at here on Tuesday 6th October 2015 at 7.15pm

I had booked using the dining reservations line a few weeks before. When we arrived we waited outside in the reservations queue for about 10 minutes before being seated in the downstairs section.

It took a while for our waiter to serve us but he was very nice and took our orders. We used half board plus vouchers, which include a drink with a set 3 course meal.

Bread basket was brought out with our drinks.

DH and I had the chicken caesar salad which was nice. The garlic bread however was rock hard so I didn't have it in case I lost a tooth!

Abbey had marinated vegetables with conchiglie pasta and herbs. She didn't each much and thought that the ham was really strong tasting.

Lewis didn't want a starter but took the vegetable soup which I forgot to take a photo of. DH tried it and said it wasn't very nice at all, luke warm and tasted awful.

For mains, DH, Abbey and I all had pizza with various toppings

Lewis had the kids pizza

DH and Abbey both had the profiterole and ice cream. The ice cream was nice but they both said that the profiterole itself wasn't too good.

I had the Dolce Vita ice cream which included cherries - delicious

Lewis had the vanilla ice cream

We met characters within minutes of sitting down and we were in there so long, about 2 hours, that they came around several times. The character interaction was fantastic, with Goofy in particular being really funny. We met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Eeyore.

We really enjoyed the atmosphere of Cafe Mickey this time, with Goofy getting everyone clapping whenever there was a birthday. Honestly, the food isn't the best and I think it's way overpriced for what you actually eat. The set menu is a bad idea but they obviously caught on to people just going in to share a pizza or so. If we didn't use half board vouchers we wouldn't have eaten there as we don't tend to eat starters and I think it's such a waste. I also don't think the kids choices are great for starters, but that's throughout the park, not just here.

Without doubt you are paying for characters here, not the food. I like that the traditional characters are always here which means it's a fantastic way for little ones to meet their heroes without spending hours queueing in the parks. For us however we've seen them so many times before that I'd have liked to have seen a change at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!