Cafe Orleans Reservations Not Available

DisneyDogFan

Earning My Ears
Any idea why Cafe Orleans reservations are not available after May 5?

We moved our trip up a week so we will now be able to spend one full day and two half days at DLR (yay!!!) but Cafe Orleans seems to have nothing May 6th, 7th, or 8th. Other later in May dates also seem unavailable. Possible unannounced refurb?

They were not available the previous week for me, but then it opened up. There may be a refurb, but I am not sure.

On Disneyland.com "From May 6 to May 16, 2019, Café Orléans will be closed for refurbishment."

I have a reservation for 10 May that I made a week or so ago. It hasn't been cancelled....yet.

Aw nuts! Oh well. A monte cristo is probably not what my waistline needs right now. We just need to find another source for pommes frites with garlic and Parmesan and a good dipping sauce between SD and Hollywood.

damn I currently have an ADR booked during their refurb, I booked it over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them yet.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago, it seems Cafe Orleans has delayed their refurb, as before we would have been their for their first week of service - gutted

beignets next door instead then, I've been chasing that Monte Cristo for years!!!

I wonder if Disney will offer us anything, like when a ride is down on a fastpass at WDW and you get an anytime pass instead.

Red Rose Taverne has them there and we really enjoyed our meal there!

Ooh! And they have grey stuff! That might just work.

damn I currently have an ADR booked during their refurb, I booked it over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them yet.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago, it seems Cafe Orleans has delayed their refurb, as before we would have been their for their first week of service - gutted

beignets next door instead then, I've been chasing that Monte Cristo for years!!!

I wonder if Disney will offer us anything, like when a ride is down on a fastpass at WDW and you get an anytime pass instead.

Maybe they will delay it again! I’ve got my fingers crossed because those Monte Cristos are delicious! We had two ADRs cancelled before our January WDW trip and they offered zip. I didn’t have strong feelings about either one but I would have taken an anytime, anywhere restaurant pass in a heart beat! But this was the same trip that they replaced our scheduled Kali FPs with the bird show because of the Kali refurbishment. LOL. The replacement should be at least of equal value.

Yes! And it really is delicious!!! After reading so many things on the boards about all these great restaurants at DL, I hadn’t really noticed anything said about that restaurant and it was probably my favorite meal that I ate while there.

As mentioned, the Red Rose Taverne has garlic fries that are very similar to the ones served at Cafe Orleans, but they don't have the remoulade (dipping sauce). So it won't be quite the same, but at least you can get the fries!

Maybe they will delay it again! I’ve got my fingers crossed because those Monte Cristos are delicious! We had two ADRs cancelled before our January WDW trip and they offered zip. I didn’t have strong feelings about either one but I would have taken an anytime, anywhere restaurant pass in a heart beat! But this was the same trip that they replaced our scheduled Kali FPs with the bird show because of the Kali refurbishment. LOL. The replacement should be at least of equal value.

I just got an email from them today actually and a missed phone call by the looks of it.

I was just expecting an automatized email like the ones you get from WDW when a ride you have a fastpass on goes down, but it was actually a personal email from a CM. They offered me a res at Blue Bayou instead - I have no interest in going there but nevermind, at least they offered something.

Got an e-mail yesterday about my 10 May Cafe Orleans reservation. Like @iHEARTflorida I was offered a Blue Bayou reservation but didn't take it. Guess it's the Red Rose Tavern for the pommes frites instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!