Cafe Select Coffee Card

skwak

Can't wait to work for Mickey someday!!
Has anyone purchased and used this card:

upload_2019-5-25_8-50-38.png

It seems like a reasonable deal for better coffee, lattes and cappuccino. Can you use it for a specialty coffee at dinner or is it just for a kiosk somehwere on the ship?

Any thoughts?

You can use it basically anywhere they serve specialty coffee and isn't a dedicated Starbucks kiosk.

Planning to get this myself, since it can be used across ships and we have 2 trips planned for next year.

I have purchased one many times, and you can carry them to your next cruise as well. There is no savings buying it ahead of time, so you can check out the offerings on board and then decide to buy, if you wish.
Denise

Great advice. I had not realized that it was not discounted in advance. Honestly the RCCL website and price change shenanigans are way too hard to follow. It is caveat emptor with every purchase!

Thanks!

I'm not really sure buyer beware applies if it's the same price here and on the ship. It's still a discount off of the retail cost, so how is that ripping you off?

And if there was actually a sale on the website, they're not exactly shy about dumping a ribbon there saying "X% off".

tbh, I think you're getting a bit anxious about going on something that's not DCL. No matter what, it's still a cruise, and you need to keep that in mind or you'll never enjoy yourself.

I completely agree that the cruise has the potential to be awesome. I am sure that I will post here afterwards that it was great!

I should have clarified (my bad) on my note. I find it a bit dizzying that some items change discounts so frequently. For instance I booked the water park on Coco Cay for $52 and then saw it for $37 a week later so I cancelled and re-booked. Then I saw it a few days later for $29 so I again cancelled and re-booked again. Now I see it again for $52. What the heck? :)

The way I see it, it's a tactic designed to get you to use the website and cruise planner more often. The more often you visit, the greater the chance that you'll talk yourself into getting something that you might want, but don't necessarily need.

As for the actual discounts, think of it as similar to retail stores that have a sale every week or two. This week it's Memorial Day. Next, it's "goodbye May, hello June". etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter