Cake Selection???? Need Help!

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
Hi All,
I was just looking at my IW package and I was wondering if those of you who have tasted WDW cake selections would not mind helping out. My fiance and I are trying to decide between marble cake or the pound cake and for the filling we are going back and forth from the chocolate mousse or the bavarian cream. During your tasting or ceremony what was hot and what was not?

Our cake came from EPCOT catering, and we did the pound cake with white chocolate mousse filling and fresh raspberries. It was heavenly! We also did a tier that was chocolate with chocolate mousse but never got to try it - it got lost somewhere in the stuff that was packed up for us.

I believe ours came from the Boardwalk Inn since we were married at SeaBreeze Point. We had marble with white icing, and strawberry mouse. HEAVENLY...it was so moist and light. Oh did I mention, my DH had all the calories removed...LOL I wish.

What ever you choose I'm sure it will be great.

:)

I have a feeling that no matter what combination cake/filling we choose,,that we will love it. Thanks!!!

Hi! We had the chocolate cake with raspberry mousse, and it was pretty good. The buttercream icing was very, very buttery, which may or may not be a good thing. :) The chocolate cake was not too dry, but I would probably not go with the raspberry mousse again; I think that the chocolate mousse might make a better choice.
Cheers!
Heather W

We have our Planning Session coming up in May..did any Disney Brides get to taste the cakes during their session?? I LOVE cannoli filling--do they have that as a choice????

We just had our planning session on Jan 8th. We did have a cake tasting and a food tasting (you have to request both). They will fix the flavors that you request on your initial planning sheet (which comes after you're assigned to an EM). We couldn't decide what kind of cake to get - so we went with two flavors. Orange cake with orange filling for the top two layers and yellow cake with german chocolate filling for the bottom. Both cakes were wonderful! They did say that now all cakes are made through the Grand Floridian and delivered to the reception site, whereas your reception is catered by the park/resort where the site is located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter