Cake?

sarahkruse

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if one of thh Disney restaurants or even the Main Street Bakery does a wedding type cake for sale separately from dinner? We will be celebrating our anniversary in WDW this July and I would like to have a cake made.

I know you can order a cake from the bakery at the Grand Floridian, but be prepared to shell out some big bucks!!! Their creations are magnificent but so is the price tag!!

We ordered a cake from GF bakery for my parents 50th anniversary. It was a 2 tiered cake decorated like a wedding cake with a top made of white chocolate. Bottom tier was filled with a chocolate moose and top was filled with strawberrys and a cream filling. It was fabulous. It could have fed at least 40 people, way to much for us and set us back $130 but we thought it was worth it. Just remember, they do not deliver. We had to pick up the cake and find a place to refrigerate it. Since we did not have a car, this was no small feat. Next time I will only do 1 layer of cake, now that I know how big they are.

We celebrated our fifth anniversary in January and we were married at WDW (explains my username :D). I wanted to surprise my husband with a small "replica" of our wedding cake, as he never really got any at our wedding and our topper got ruined as we tried to get it home. We were staying at Boardwalk and the bakery there made us a perfect replica of the top layer of our cake from a photo. It was big enough to feed 20 people (my mother-in-law actually has the leftover it in her freezer!). I think it cost me $75, which included room service delivery with plates, knapkins, silverware, etc. and they also sent us balloons and a rose (a nice touch). It was a great surprise for DH!

GF bakery will do this as well. I don't know about others. If you are not staying at a hotel with a bakery though, they may not be willing to deliver. We originally called GF bakery and they told me I'd have to pick it up (mother-in-law had volunteered), but then I found out Boardwalk would do the same thing for us and deliver it. GF also wanted to charge us more, so call around.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter