Cali Grill Brunch

areno79

DIS Veteran
I've searched for this but came up short so I'm reaching out to you fine folks.

DH and I are going to the World in September, and I'm considering doing the Cali Grill brunch. We've done dinner there before and it was the best meal either of us had eaten, so we're doing dinner again, but the brunch idea intrigues me, because yum!

The problem is, $80 is pretty steep. I'm sure I could get our money's worth, but the problem is that DH is allergic to orange juice so having bottomless mimosas makes it less appealing to him, especially for that price. I guess my question is two-fold:

-Does anyone know if they will do a sub for him since he can't drink the mimosas but wants to imbibe without paying $15 a pop for a bloody mary?

-Has anyone that has done the brunch felt that it was not worth it? (We will likely not have DDP and will be paying cash.

TIA!

We just did it this past Sunday on 3/11. The unlimited "mimosas" did not have orange juice. They appeared to be champagne with blueberries. No orange juice. However, they would likely mix you up something special if orange juice was what they were serving that day.

We very much enjoyed our meal there and I would recommend it. The view is so spectacular there during the day it is like eating at a different restaurant compared to an evening meal.

In January, our brunch had “mimosas” with sparkling wine and pineapple boba balls. No orange juice in sight.

We loved the brunch and while there I made another reservation for my April trip. We did get 20% off since we have Tables in Wonderland but I think I would still go even if we paid full price. We loved the atmosphere, the music, the view, the food and the service. We ordered main dishes plus an extra french toast for the table as well as visiting the buffet multiple times. We even took back our dessert to the hotel for snacking during the week. We highly recommend!

As far as the cost, whether OOP or dining plan, I think this is good value and based on reviews, more importantly, good eats.

Here is a well written review:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...12-11-16-on-p-6.3515731/page-11#post-58948817

WDW is great with allergy substitutions so give them a call ahead of time and I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate your DH by adding a different juice.
No, I haven't eaten their brunch yet but I'm chomping at the bit.

Wow, thanks everyone. I know it's something I would really enjoy, but it's a hard sell for DH when he sees the price per person. It's helpful to know the mimosa doesn't have OJ. He can do pineapple juice, but he's allergic to oranges. :)

We really want to do this during our trip in May, but no luck with getting an ADR. I’m hoping to catch one when we get closer.

It's worth doing at least once. Even the view from up there is worth something. I would just ask for a mimosa without any OJ if they've gone back to using OJ.

Best meal we've had at Disney. Super-expensive but we were on the DP and it felt more "worth it" to use 2 credits than at other signature meals we've had. Great view too. I didn't have the mimosas so can't say about the mix.

We are doing our first CG Brunch on our next trip this fall! I can't wait. We debated back and forth for a long time, but the reviews have been so fantastic that we're taking the risk.

In general, WDW is very very good about food allergies. (I have a rare bean allergy, and WDW has always treated me great at all restaurants by offering other suggestions or even ingredient substitutions in cooked meals.) I would have them note on your reservation that he is allergic to oranges. Even if the mimosas are normally made with orange, I'm fairly confident they'd work with him to get him a substitution with some other kind of juice.

We really want to do this during our trip in May, but no luck with getting an ADR. I’m hoping to catch one when we get closer.

Have you signed up for the TP reservation finder? About two weeks ago I decided I wanted to do this during our late April trip and signed up. I was able to grab a reservation in just a couple days, but I have kept the finder open because I am trying to get something 15 minutes later, and I have gotten 2-3 texts per week with openings.

Have you signed up for the TP reservation finder? About two weeks ago I decided I wanted to do this during our late April trip and signed up. I was able to grab a reservation in just a couple days, but I have kept the finder open because I am trying to get something 15 minutes later, and I have gotten 2-3 texts per week with openings.

Oh, yeah. Unfortunately, the TP Reservation Finder has been an exercise in frustration for me. I know a lot of folks here love it, but it hasn’t worked for me.

Oh, yeah. Unfortunately, the TP Reservation Finder has been an exercise in frustration for me. I know a lot of folks here love it, but it hasn’t worked for me.

That's annoying. I have actually received two texts in the last two hours for different times, neither of which are the time I am looking for though, so the hunt continues!

What is the TP Reservation Finder?

It’s a service—just try to figure out how to sign up for the free version—that sends you (and about 1,000 other people) a notice that an ADR you want is open. If you get a notice (don’t put your phone on low power mode) and move quickly enough, you might be able to book it.

I did not get a single ADR from it, but I did get lots of aggravation. ;)

We had originally cancelled our ADR before we left because my Mom wasn’t that interested. While we were there tho she changed her mind. I was able to find one pretty easily. Keep in mind people cancel at the last minute so just keep trying. It was worth it.

I absolutely LOVED the brunch. It was 100% worth it. I noticed only one person above mentioned this, so I wanted to point it out again - you can order more than one entree. I got the Lobster eggs benedict and the blueberry pancakes. I tried to get my hubby to order two meals, but he just got the french toast. The sushi was great, deviled eggs, fabulous! I went back in October, so it was still OJ in the mimosas, but I had heard they changed that. If he just wants champagne, they would do that. I dont think theyd sub the bloody mary's though. Overall...it was great. I think they even offered to box up our desserts for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!