Cali Grill not available for Christmas dinner?

lindsroc

DIS Veteran
Our window to book opened today and California Grill is showing as not available for all dinner times on Christmas Day. Could it have booked up that fast?

Our window to book opened today and California Grill is showing as not available for all dinner times on Christmas Day. Could it have booked up that fast?
I’ve seen reports of others having booked it before today, so yeah, I’m thinking it’s probably booked up. It’s definitely a popular choice for Christmas day.

How many are in your party? Could that be the problem?

I’ve seen reports of others having booked it before today, so yeah, I’m thinking it’s probably booked up. It’s definitely a popular choice for Christmas day.

How many are in your party? Could that be the problem?

Bummer- our window just opened today. We have 5 in our party but I also tried for 4 and there wasnt any availability.

Sorry , where you able to book anything? My window opens in 2 days
Not feeling lucky...

Keep trying. You never know when a cancellation pops up. I always try searching at weird times of the day for stuff I’m looking for. Often stuff pops up closer as people change plans. Maybe make a back-up at The Wave and just keep checking. Good luck!

More than likely guests staying at Disney resorts snapped up the reservations as they can make them 60+10. I've seen a lot of hard to get ones still remain available at the 60+ point. But as a PP said, keep checking. People change their ADRs all the time.

Yeah unfortunately you are arriving on Christmas Eve, and people have been booking Christmas Day for 9 days already. Most popular options will be gone.

Maybe with the recently expanded hours additional ADR’s will be released soon—at least at in-park restaurants

I called AK’s Rainforest Cafe about breakfast a few mins ago. The park is open 7-7 on Christmas Eve, and there is basically zero breakfast options there. They said Disney only allows them to be open a specific number of hours a day, and only have one crew. So they can’t open more hours just for a single week, etc. so no breakfast over the holidays. So they’ll only be open 10:30-5, even if the park opens at 7. 😕

We booked two days ago and times were very limited then. Don't give up though, we (and I suspect a good few others) are expecting our Xmas flights from the UK to be cancelled in the coming weeks and we will then be releasing all our ADR's and DVC reservations etc.

DH and I think the Hollywood Brown Derby Cobb salad is the best salad either of us has ever had anywhere In our entire lives! It’s an iconic must do for both of us.

\

What did you end up booking?

I ended up booking Il Mulino at the Swan. I figure we can go back and freshen up, have a somewhat early dinner then head back to the parks. Not ideal but not many options unless we want a turkey leg and a dole whip for Xmas dinner LOL. I couldnt book Il Mulino through the Disney app but I was able to book it through the Swan & Dolphin app on my phone which took me to open table.

We booked two days ago and times were very limited then. Don't give up though, we (and I suspect a good few others) are expecting our Xmas flights from the UK to be cancelled in the coming weeks and we will then be releasing all our ADR's and DVC reservations etc.

Oh thats awful! Are they talking about another travel ban? Thank you for the heads up though :)

More than likely guests staying at Disney resorts snapped up the reservations as they can make them 60+10. I've seen a lot of hard to get ones still remain available at the 60+ point. But as a PP said, keep checking. People change their ADRs all the time.

Ahhhhh I normally stay onsite- didnt even think of the onsite guests having a different window. Thanks!!

I was able to book Christmas week last Tuesday and there was already stuff booked up, it's been almost a week, I'm not surprised that Cali Grill wouldn't have anything available on a holiday.

Book your backup choice and use the touring plans reservation finder to try to get your first choice. Christmas in Disney will be fun no matter where you eat so book CG for another day and don't stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!