Cali Grill not available for Christmas dinner?

Book your backup choice and use the touring plans reservation finder to try to get your first choice. Christmas in Disney will be fun no matter where you eat so book CG for another day and don't stress.

Thats the plan :) I never heard of that reservation finder- going to check it out now. Thanks!

We were not able to find anything for our party for Christmas. We have a split stay so unfortunately could not book before everything filled. I’m going to keep trying but it’s disappointing to not have anything available between our park and surrounding hotels.

California Grill reservations go by really quickly and all you can really do is just keep checking every single day. Someone might cancel in the last minute and you might get a reservation open up. I know for sure that I got really lucky with getting a California Grill reservation on my last family Disney trip. I just randomly checked the My Disney Experience app for a California Grill reservation and one opened up a week or two before our trip.

We were not able to find anything for our party for Christmas. We have a split stay so unfortunately could not book before everything filled. I’m going to keep trying but it’s disappointing to not have anything available between our park and surrounding hotels.

I agree. Between limited food options and restaurants having reduced capacity, this is a tricky trip to plan as far as eating goes lol

Very tuff this year to pull things together, but I think Mulino at the Swan is a great dining experience. Though it is not in a Disney Icon location the food and setting is very good. I would say feel good about this option, but keep trying for CG. You never know all the variables that bring forth opportunities to get one.

Our window to book opened today and California Grill is showing as not available for all dinner times on Christmas Day. Could it have booked up that fast?
I haven't read all the comments, but I'd say to go online a few times a day and see what opens up. I'm going to be there for Thanksgiving and nothing was open that I wanted near MK when I was able to book, but then the Wave opened so I grabbed it. I keep checking the My Disney Experience and this morning California Grill opened for 6:30 p.m. People are always canceling and making new reservations. Another option - have you heard of Mouse Dining? You can sign up (for free for up to 5 requests) and let the system know what you are looking for and you get an email (maybe text too, not sure) when something opens up. I was able to get Le Cellier for my birthday dinner that way -- but you've got to be fast going into My Disney Experience to book it so make sure you have the app on your phone. I just found out about Mouse Dining recently. Good luck and don't give up. Even book something and then book the better choice if something opens up and if it's close in time My Disney Experience will ask if you want to cancel the other, or if the times are more than an hour or so apart, you'll have to go in and cancel the one you don't want.

We had the same challenge a year or two ago at Easter brunch. Absolutely nothing was available each time I checked. So I set up a TouringPlans alert and grabbed a reservation the day before Easter. (We didn't have a back-up reservation because the Wave and GFCafe often have last-minute openings -- not sure I would want to have suck a shaky back-up plan for Christmas dinner though!)

Hopefully you will be able to grab a last-minute cancellation at the time you want to have Christmas dinner. 🎄

Our window to book opened today and California Grill is showing as not available for all dinner times on Christmas Day. Could it have booked up that fast?
Please check for a reservation today! There appears to be several tables that have opened up as of today- I was able to get Christmas Eve at CG, and I wasn't able to when my res window opened up last week. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!