California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

Ok. So I got a TP reservation finder alert at 4:15 today for 2 people for 12:00 on October 7. Went right on and nothing available. I just tried again through the app and was able to get a reservation for 11:15. Great! Now please someone convince me to keep it! I have TIW so the cost isn’t as bad as it would be without it. I just need someone to tell me it’s worth it as I’m afraid about not being able to eat enough to justify the cost. I’m not necessarily concerned about the actual cost but I just want to make sure the whole experience is worth it. Does anyone know what I mean? It will only be me and DH this trip so I feel like it would be the right time to do it. I’m really just confusing myself and think I should just go for it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ok. So I got a TP reservation finder alert at 4:15 today for 2 people for 12:00 on October 7. Went right on and nothing available. I just tried again through the app and was able to get a reservation for 11:15. Great! Now please someone convince me to keep it! I have TIW so the cost isn’t as bad as it would be without it. I just need someone to tell me it’s worth it as I’m afraid about not being able to eat enough to justify the cost. I’m not necessarily concerned about the actual cost but I just want to make sure the whole experience is worth it. Does anyone know what I mean? It will only be me and DH this trip so I feel like it would be the right time to do it. I’m really just confusing myself and think I should just go for it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

My hubby and I went in April and definitely thought it was worth it! For reference we are not huge foodies and don’t like to spend a lot of money on meals. ...But we loved it and made sure to get a reservation for our next trip with our kids (but adults by Disney standards:sad:$$$$$). It’s going to be pricey, but again - we definitely feel it’s worth it! Enjoy!!

My hubby and I went in April and definitely thought it was worth it! For reference we are not huge foodies and don’t like to spend a lot of money on meals. ...But we loved it and made sure to get a reservation for our next trip with our kids (but adults by Disney standards:sad:$$$$$). It’s going to be pricey, but again - we definitely feel it’s worth it! Enjoy!!

Thanks so much! We are big foodies and I am still having a hard time thinking we will be able to enjoy most of the offerings. I guess we will go and see how we do!

Knowing me, I'll have several mimosas, I love sushi, and lobster benedict. Totally worth the cost even though I cannot eat much at one sitting (I can't imagine having dessert, so know for sure that would be packed up to go, plus at brunch I never do sweets).

Fingers crossed someone cancels 9/23!

Just got off the phone with Disney Signature Services and you'll be happy to know that they do not see Olaf, Goofy, or any other Disney characters, when their computer system is acting up. Forgot to ask if they heard It's a Small World during wait time though.

You'll be unhappy to know if CG has time available during T-Day week for brunch or dinner, or if reservations are being held back since their system was down as of 5:28 PM today.
It was suggested I call back later this evening.
Heckenspeck.

I don't think they were held back. I think it is just a very busy week at Thanksgiving and they are booked. I got two reservations for brunch at 180 days. One is on the 18th and one is on the 25th, so both ends of Thanksgiving week. Just use TP or another site and keep watching. The brunch gives people sticker shock. People will back out because they realize that they don't want to pay the $80 per person. Good luck!

I don't think they were held back. I think it is just a very busy week at Thanksgiving and they are booked. I got two reservations for brunch at 180 days. One is on the 18th and one is on the 25th, so both ends of Thanksgiving week. Just use TP or another site and keep watching. The brunch gives people sticker shock. People will back out because they realize that they don't want to pay the $80 per person. Good luck!
I have a TP search for dinner on the 18th and brunch on the 25th. Nothing in 3.5 weeks of searching yet. Good logic you are using though:).

ETA-Looks like we will be at WDW the same time!

Thanks so much! We are big foodies and I am still having a hard time thinking we will be able to enjoy most of the offerings. I guess we will go and see how we do!

I'm excited for you that you have decided to keep the reservation- it is the BEST dining experience we've had at WDW! We have booked a follow-up brunch reservation for this year's trip and its what we are looking forward to the most- enjoy!!!

September 23rd will be my husband and I’s third time attending the brunch so we definitely think it is worth it, especially with the TiW discount. We’ll be making this our only meal of the day, moving over to Epcot for a taste of F&W in the evening, then a drink or two at ToTW Lounge for MK fireworks. We allow the brunch to set the stage for a relaxed, leisurely day; and I always look forward to it. Even if it is difficult to eat much in one seating, the variety of foods, the bottomless mimosas, and the elegant entertainment lend a great deal of value imo.

If we get 9/23, that will also be our only "meal" as well. I have 3-4pm FP+ for Slinky Dog, then we plan on probably going to Epcot for some snacks for dinner at the booths.

My wife and I, are going on 09/23. We booked about a month ago using trip planner. Were celebrating our 10th anniversary, and she is going to love the brunch.

Good to know TP alerted you! Hopefully something will pop up for us too. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Knowing me, I'll have several mimosas, I love sushi, and lobster benedict. Totally worth the cost even though I cannot eat much at one sitting (I can't imagine having dessert, so know for sure that would be packed up to go, plus at brunch I never do sweets).

Fingers crossed someone cancels 9/23!

I’m right there with you! The only difference is I will end up getting a Bloody Mary. Of course it’s extra! But DH and I love sushi, the lobster Benedict looks great as does the pancakes, steak and eggs, the chicken dish, French toast and shrimp and grits! I don’t know how we are going to choose! Also, I see a lobster omelette on the menu. We’ll see! I hope you get your reservation.

September 23rd will be my husband and I’s third time attending the brunch so we definitely think it is worth it, especially with the TiW discount. We’ll be making this our only meal of the day, moving over to Epcot for a taste of F&W in the evening, then a drink or two at ToTW Lounge for MK fireworks. We allow the brunch to set the stage for a relaxed, leisurely day; and I always look forward to it. Even if it is difficult to eat much in one seating, the variety of foods, the bottomless mimosas, and the elegant entertainment lend a great deal of value imo.

That actually sounds like a fantastic idea! This trip is supposed to be all about F&W and the brunch will definitely put a dent in that plan. Leaving F&W for later that day sounds great to be able to still enjoy both. We do have half of Friday and all of Saturday planned for F&W so we may not even need to head back on Sunday.

I'm excited for you that you have decided to keep the reservation- it is the BEST dining experience we've had at WDW! We have booked a follow-up brunch reservation for this year's trip and its what we are looking forward to the most- enjoy!!!

Thanks so much! We love eating at the signature restaurants and have been to Victoria and Alberts once (which was AMAZING)! I think because this is an early in the day meal it was throwing me off a bit. But I’m getting excited to try it and see what everyone is talking about! Enjoy your brunch!

Last edited:
I’m right there with you! The only difference is I will end up getting a Bloody Mary. Of course it’s extra! But DH and I love sushi, the lobster Benedict looks great as does the pancakes, steak and eggs, the chicken dish, French toast and shrimp and grits! I don’t know how we are going to choose! Also, I see a lobster omelette on the menu. We’ll see! I hope you get your reservation.

My DH already said if we get it, he's all about the Bloody Mary!

IF you are on a dining plan you can get one Bloody Mary for free after your welcoming mimosa.
My suggestion for what it's worth is to try an entree you wouldn't be able to regularly find at a local to you restaurant. I opted for the lamb and egg since I decided I can regularly get pancakes and French toast in many places; the man was called by the allure of the lobster benedict, one of the kiddos had blueberry pancakes and the other, a half order of pancakes and shrimp and grits. Just a head's up: the grits are made with cheese and the consistency doesn't have much liquid.. The grits tasted really good just don't expect Southern style as it's more like a soft polenta.

Thanks to Lynnsky here on the Disboards! She let me know she was cancelling her reservation for 9/23! So we coordinated it and I booked it literally a second later! We got it for 11:30.

My husband was really looking forward to this; he will work out in the morning, we can enjoy a nice brunch, then do slinky dog dash.

We just returned from WDW and went to the California Grill brunch. It was amazing! For those that are wanting an ADR, keep checking; it was totally worth it! The food, service, and ambiance were all exceptional.

Thanks for letting us know how good it is. I never realized how hard it was to get a reservation. We have an ADR but wanted to have our friends come with us and I have been trying for months and still nothing ever opened. I am not giving up. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!