California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

I’m right there with you! The only difference is I will end up getting a Bloody Mary. Of course it’s extra! But DH and I love sushi, the lobster Benedict looks great as does the pancakes, steak and eggs, the chicken dish, French toast and shrimp and grits! I don’t know how we are going to choose! Also, I see a lobster omelette on the menu. We’ll see! I hope you get your reservation.

One of the best parts about the brunch is that you don't have to choose! The a la carte portion of the menu is all you care to enjoy as well! We got several entrees to share amongst our party as we wanted to try some sweet, some traditional breakfast, some more lunchy items etc.

One of the best parts about the brunch is that you don't have to choose! The a la carte portion of the menu is all you care to enjoy as well! We got several entrees to share amongst our party as we wanted to try some sweet, some traditional breakfast, some more lunchy items etc.

If only I could find a way to try them all without bursting! I’m thinking I’m going to go with the lobster benedict and an order of pancakes. I’m assuming DH will go with the steak and eggs but not sure on anything else. I’ll have to wait to see what he chooses!

Thanks to Lynnsky here on the Disboards! She let me know she was cancelling her reservation for 9/23! So we coordinated it and I booked it literally a second later! We got it for 11:30.

My husband was really looking forward to this; he will work out in the morning, we can enjoy a nice brunch, then do slinky dog dash.

Glad to read you got a reservation. Hope you have a wonderful meal.

If only I could find a way to try them all without bursting! I’m thinking I’m going to go with the lobster benedict and an order of pancakes. I’m assuming DH will go with the steak and eggs but not sure on anything else. I’ll have to wait to see what he chooses!

We tried all three of those! The lobster benedict was really rich and indulgent. The carrot cake pancakes reminded me of a breakfast version of the carrot cake cookies at DHS. I loved the sauce with the steak and eggs...I think it was somewhere between a chimichurri and a salsa verde.

I’m so excited about this aspect, just because I’d like to sample a couple of dishes. It’ll just be me and my mom, though. So we’ll have to pace ourselves and split stuff!

You can order a half portion of many if not most of the entrees so you can eat more without bursting or wasting food!

You can order a half portion of many if not most of the entrees so you can eat more without bursting or wasting food!

Our server, while very sweet, said the kitchen would not do half portions. Needless to say we had lots of good snacks in the villa over the next couple of days. We dined there a week ago yesterday.

Our server, while very sweet, said the kitchen would not do half portions. Needless to say we had lots of good snacks in the villa over the next couple of days. We dined there a week ago yesterday.

Must be up to the server’s decision. Ours had no problem getting 1/2 portions! So ask, it can’t hurt. If they say no, I would just order the full order and take left overs.

Wow 9/23 will be the day to brunch! So happy everyone is getting a adr! I’m getting hungry just reading about all the wonderful dishes. I can’t wait it is an early birthday celebration for me Bloody Mary bar here I come!!!

Wow 9/23 will be the day to brunch! So happy everyone is getting a adr! I’m getting hungry just reading about all the wonderful dishes. I can’t wait it is an early birthday celebration for me Bloody Mary bar here I come!!!

Happy Birthday!

I canceled touring plans, but I guess I'm still in their system. Got a text at 1am that they had an opening! We're there at 11:30! My husband is all about a Bloody Mary! I can't handle the sodium, but bubbly is awesome for me!

I'll be the blonde chicka with a totally buff Korean hubby, so anyone wants to say hi to me (Amy) lemme know! That and Slinky Dog that afternoon is our only plans that day (maybe a nap, LOL)!

I’ve been trying to get a reservation for Oct 28 for over a month. I’m signed up for the Touring Plans reservation finder, so I’m really hoping they find something for that day.

I’ve pretty much given up hope for a reservation on 9/9 :(

It would have been nice, but life is good and I can enjoy the experience vicariously through trip and dining reports.

I’ve pretty much given up hope for a reservation on 9/9 :(

It would have been nice, but life is good and I can enjoy the experience vicariously through trip and dining reports.
Hang in there, and keep trying. You never know when some pixie dust might blow your way?

I’ll be there at High Noon. I’ll be the little short person eating all the lobster and drinking bloody Mary’s!! Stop by and say hi!! Lynn and David can’t miss us!! My hubby doesn’t drink so I’ll take his welcome drink too! I am on vacation and celebrating my bday - no other plans the rest of the day but the Food and Wine / not that I think I could eat anything the rest of the day!
Always so much fun when you can get something you so badly want
Not sure how much I will be able to eat as we are doing Party For the Senses Saturday - so much eating!! I will just have to push thru!!

Well Garris, some pixie dust WAS blown my way and I finally got a reservation!!!

I couldn’t believe it, after stalking MDE endlessly! The reservation is for 12:45 and I had to switch a number of things around, but am so psyched!!!
That's great! Just love it when the pixie dust blows. My reservation in at 10:55. Maybe I'll see you there?

I have been stalking the reservations for 9/23 for weeks - I didn't even realize CG had brunch until I saw an awesome post about it on Disney tourist blog a few weeks ago. I got once notification but I saw it 3 minutes late and it was gone. That day falls exactly on my husband and my first anniversary and this is THE NUMBER ONE thing I want to while we are there. Since that one notification on Tuesday, there haven't been any cancellations. I have multiple alerts set up and I have been checking the website at least 200 times a day (I wish I was joking!).

Has anyone had luck getting a really last minute reservation for brunch? I don't want to get my hopes up. Can you eat brunch in the lounge first come/first serve or is that only for dinner?

I just got a reservation for 9/9 today, so hang in there! Check early, early morning (it was 2:30 am, when I pounced on it).

Sending pixie dust your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!