California Grill brunch "dress code"

DisneyMom1111

Earning My Ears
My apologies if this has been discussed before. I looked but couldn't find an answer.
I believe that there is no dress code for the california grill brunch, however will we be out of place if we dress in neat outfits of shorts and tops? We are planning to hit the parks after and would prefer not to be in dressier clothes if not necessary. I don't want my family to stand out as inappropriately dressed. I am not sure if it is dressier at dinner vs. brunch. Thank you in advance.

We dressed in park clothes: Tennis shoes and shorts. Totally casual.

Edit: Nobody will care what you wear, especially Disney. At the prices they charge for it (We would gladly go again.) I"m sure they don't care what you wear.

Last edited:
I wore my "nicer" park outfit-capris, sandals and a comfy-but-not-a-tshirt-top and felt perfectly comfortable. Some of the diners were dressed up but just as many were in their park clothes.

I brought my son and his cousin for brunch for his 13th birthday last March. The rest of the family was eating at Chef Mickey's and I wanted to give him a treat. We were definitely under dressed, think two boys in basketball shorts and t-shirts, but we still did not really feel uncomfortable. I think nicer park close are definitely fine.

My apologies if this has been discussed before. I looked but couldn't find an answer.
I believe that there is no dress code for the california grill brunch, however will we be out of place if we dress in neat outfits of shorts and tops? We are planning to hit the parks after and would prefer not to be in dressier clothes if not necessary. I don't want my family to stand out as inappropriately dressed. I am not sure if it is dressier at dinner vs. brunch. Thank you in advance.
For the Brunch, dressier isn't necessary nor the norm. However, neater and nicer park clothes are fairly common vice t-shirts, tank tops, cut-offs, and swimwear.

For the Brunch, dressier isn't necessary nor the norm. However, neater and nicer park clothes are fairly common vice t-shirts, tank tops, cut-offs, and swimwear.
I thought swimwear was forbidden at all eateries besides the pool bars?;)

Can you show the brunch receipt to see the fireworks that nite?

Our server told us specifically to show the receipt that night to get onto the Observation Deck. It rained like crazy the afternoon and evening on our CG Brunch day. We didn’t wind up going to see HEA from the CG Observation Deck. We were at MK with a great view thanks to a small crowd due to the rain keeping the locals home.

Had the weather been better and the MK crowd bigger, we may have used the CG benefit. We couldn’t believe how short the walk is between the Contemporary and the MK resort bus depot until we walked it going back to our resort after our CG brunch.

Last edited:
I dressed nice casual at Flying Fish and was forced to wear one of their button down shirts. The waitress was rude and a terrible server, I’d never go there again. So when we went to CG I stepped up my attire and then was amazed at how lax their dress code was.

Really - being brunch? The Grill EXPECTS that you will be heading to a Park :). Clean and nothing offensive? You are golden :).
Don't be this guy.... :).

Attachments

• hobo.jpg
    hobo.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 18

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter