California Grill Brunch?

Question for you CG brunch experts (sorry, piggybacking here on the OP). We only have one Sunday in our trip this August and have a park planned for that day, thinking that Sundays are less busy than Saturdays (which is currently a no park day). Am i overthinking it? Are Saturdays and Sundays equally as busy usually (I have never really noticed)? Do you guys think we should switch our park day from Sunday to Saturday and do Sunday as our non-park day with some CG Brunch?

Thanks!

Sorry no idea on this end as we haven't done any add on ticket events; too cheap and none of my traveling little ones know about them thus I don't have to give in when I get the sad but pleading look;).

Sorry no idea on this end as we haven't done any add on ticket events; too cheap and none of my traveling little ones know about them thus I don't have to give in when I get the sad but pleading look;).

We arent doing an addon ticket event either though. Our current plan is resort day saturday then go to MK sunday. But i am wondering if we shoukd do MK saturday and resort day sunday instead so we can do brunch. I guess all I am wondering is do you guys think there will be a big difference in the crowd going saturday instead of sunday.

We arent doing an addon ticket event either though. Our current plan is resort day saturday then go to MK sunday. But i am wondering if we shoukd do MK saturday and resort day sunday instead so we can do brunch. I guess all I am wondering is do you guys think there will be a big difference in the crowd going saturday instead of sunday.
Should you have the ability at this time I'd switch MK to Saturday and make Sunday your resort day:).

Didn’t catch if you would have kids in tow. It is just my husband and I when we attend the brunch and have learned it is special enough to prioritize the entire day. First, it is a long event in and of itself. Then we are so full, we do not plan another big meal for the rest of the day. Once we did a 10:00ish brunch then the late seating of HDDR the same night; and even separated by that much time, we struggled with the full evening meal.

Since we come over from BWV, what we like to do is get our 3 fast passes for MK for right after the brunch, taking advantage of being able to conveniently walk over; do those quickly back to back; and then have a relaxed, play-it-by-ear, remainder of the day back at the resort. Usually that means having some light appetizers and wine/cocktails we brought from home to have sitting on our balcony in the evening and taking in the Boardwalk atmosphere.

So, we would do a park Sunday; but it would be a quick in-and-out only and plan the long park day for Saturday.

Our trip is with my parents, in-laws, and our little guy but it was just going to be DW and I for brunch. My parents and in-laws are not experienced disney travelers like us so if we do brunch I’d prefer to have Sunday be a no park day instead of trying to have them meet us at MK later on their own.

Brunch sounds amazing, but i know MK can be quite busier on Saturday so the question is do we go to MK Saturday when its busier and do brunch/no park Sunday or do we skip brunch this trip and stick to MK on Sunday when it should be slower. Those are really my only options. Its a good problem to have but im torn lol.

I’m looking forward to this departure day brunch (even planned flights around it)! We have an 11:30 reservation so we have time to get a couple rides in beforehand or just sleep in, having been at WDW for 9 days. We couldn’t get a flight back to NYC until 8:18 (with work the next day, oof!!) so maybe we’ll go to Epcot and walk around the WS to burn off some brunch.

Looking for clarification on the mimosa/boba thing. All the reviews/photos I have seen are regular oj version, but have they completely changed that now? Wouldn’t change plans - just wondering as DH is not a boba fan.

Looking for clarification on the mimosa/boba thing. All the reviews/photos I have seen are regular oj version, but have they completely changed that now? Wouldn’t change plans - just wondering as DH is not a boba fan.

Last week there was no OJ for us, just the Sparkling Wine with Boba. I guess you could add your own OJ.

Last week there was no OJ for us, just the Sparkling Wine with Boba. I guess you could add your own OJ.
Thanks for the quick response. In all honesty, he would probably prefer the sparking wine on its own. He is well known for the mimosas he makes having very, very little oj. :rotfl:

Thanks for the quick response. In all honesty, he would probably prefer the sparking wine on its own. He is well known for the mimosas he makes having very, very little oj. :rotfl:

None of the three times that I have been has there been OJ in the standard mimosas, but at least one of the times we went they said that we could do the sparkling wine plain or with OJ if we wanted. I usually hate boba, but I really like it in these mimosas. If he would prefer just plain sparkling wine, or with a splash of OJ, just let your server know so that he or she can bring the correct beverage! Enjoy.

I was there Sunday 2/10 - they had sparkling wine with boba, cranberry mimosas and orange juice mimosas. My waiter offered the cranberry or orange mimosas if I wanted them, and kept refilling them. Which was good, as i didn't like the boba one very much. I like my mimosas sweeter.

Hi.

My ADRs open on March 10 and I want to book GC Brunch for Sunday, September 8 (it is only held on Sundays is that correct)?
This meal is the top priority meal so I want to book that first.
Do I just go to MDE and book as I would a regular dinner? What do I put for the time in the "search engine"? Morning, lunch, an actual time?
Will it just show up if available?

Thank you very much.

I just booked the brunch for our upcoming trip. My ADR window opened a couple of weeks ago and the brunch would have been at 180+3 for us. I tried booking CG brunch first, and I only got a message that no tables were available. I was able to book everything else I wanted. I continued to look throughout the course of the next couple of days and set up a reservation finder. Three days later, on what would have been exactly 180 days out from the day I wanted my reservation, I received an alert from my TP reservation finder that something was available. I went to the Disney website and there were many times available for our party of 3. So, if you cannot get the CG Brunch when your ADR window opens, don't be discouraged. Based on my experience, it looks like they may not load these reservations into the system until right at the 180 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter