California Grill or Narcoossee's

lilpiglet97

Mouseketeer
I'm torn between the 2. DD 15 and I are on the DxDDP and don't know which would be better. I like both seafood and steak. DD loves steak and limited seafood(more shrimp than fish). I've heard very mixed reviews for CG, but mostly positive reviews for Narcoossee's. Hoping for some recommendations.

Tough decision! We've dined at both. We've had absolutely wonderful meals at both. Likewise, we've had the rare occasion off night at both as well. IMHO, Cali Grill is a more formal dining experience. Being able to view the fireworks from their location atop the Contemporary is a nice bonus. While Narcoossee's food is just as good, I find the atmosphere to be a tad more relaxing. Fireworks can also be viewed from there if you time your meal right.

I'd suggest looking at the menu for both and deciding based on which appeals to you most.

It has been a while since we dined at CG, but we do dine a lot at Narcoossees. SO far it is my 17 YO DGD favorite restaurant.

Both restaurants are different in theme, vibe and view. Personally, if you have not had a meal at either one, I would choose CG. The view from the observation deck is stunning, and one that your DD will take home with her. We always time one meal to see the fireworks display, and no matter which restaurant you choose, the show is lovely.

Do both... if you plan your entitlements out you might be able to try both... a win win...

We have eaten at both... and choosing one over the other just depends.... For me which menu fits what we like the best. Then looking are you celebrating anything special birthday, achievement... then make the decision...

We've done both. CG has the spectacular views and the restaurant itself is gorgeous, but because it has high ceilings and is very open, it is also VERY loud up there during the dinner rush. Narcoossees doesn't really have anything spectacular about the restaurant, but you can see the fireworks from the porch, which is nice.

We liked the food a little better at Narcoossees because we really enjoyed the surf and turf and the almond cheesecake desert. I think we both had steak at CG also and it was excellent, but nothing that we still talk about a year later.

Narcoossee's is my family's favorite. We love the location, the ambiance, and the food. I will say - we dined at CG when it first re-opened after the refurbishment and had a wonderful meal. Both restaurants have really good food. I'd say CG gets the slight edge in terms of service - it was stellar when we dined there. We've been dying to get back to CG and weren't able to secure an ADR, but Narcoossee's is a solid backup.

Narcoossee's gets my vote. We dined at CG a few weeks ago and while I'm glad we experienced it and the views are amazing, we aren't in a rush to go back.

Narcoossee's has a more relaxed atmosphere where CG feels more formal.

Narcoossee's also has a slightly bigger menu (more choices for kids and adults). If you aren't staying at Grand Floridian, I also enjoy visiting/walking through that resort more so than the Contemporary.

Can't go wrong with either, but DH's 2nd favorite restaurant at WDW is CG. (V&A is #1). We just ate there on Saturday night and there is a new duck 2-course thing that is spectacular.

Narcoossee's is good, too, but we admittedly have only been there 1-2x and we try to go to CG on every trip.

I've been to CG several times since the refurb, and quite honestly it has been disappointing every time (I order a different dish eat time I visit). Not good at all. I seriously doubt i'll go back. For this reason, i'll recommend Narccoossee's.

Its worth mentioning that its true about CG being incredibly loud. Its crazy how loud it is. And I dont usually complain about noise. I find CG and Via Napoli the worst.

I've had consistently good meals at CG and from mediocre to awful at narcoossees. The food is much more interesting at CG and pretty plain/basic at narcoossees, but they will "plain it down" at ca grill for my picky kid.

I like to go right at 5pm opening, it's not crowded, not rushed, not loud, get a window table.

I couldn’t decide so I went with brunch at Cali Grill and dinner of course at Narcoosees. I am much more excited st trying the brunch than I would be for a dinner reservation.

I couldn’t decide so I went with brunch at Cali Grill and dinner of course at Narcoosees. I am much more excited st trying the brunch than I would be for a dinner reservation.

That was my plan in September too. Had the best of both worlds. I timed my meal so I could catch the Fireworks and think I actually liked the view better during the show than at CG.

Can't go wrong with either, but DH's 2nd favorite restaurant at WDW is CG. (V&A is #1). We just ate there on Saturday night and there is a new duck 2-course thing that is spectacular.

Narcoossee's is good, too, but we admittedly have only been there 1-2x and we try to go to CG on every trip.

Dang, just looked at the menu and that Duck dish looks awesome! Looks like a change of plans next trip.

Both are good. In general, I would pick CG everytime. That view is amazing.
Our last trip, the food at CG was good, just not quite as good as usual. Maybe a bad night, hopefully not a trend. We'll try again next year and hopefully the quality will be back to normal.
Our experience at Narcoosees has been hit or miss.

I would pick Narcoossees. I've been the California Grill for dinner twice and both times were a bad experience. I wanted to like it because of the view and fireworks, but we will only go for brunch now. I've only been to Narcoossees once, but the food was really great and you can watch fireworks from the deck outside. If you are there on a Sunday you should look into doing the California Grill brunch, it's a great use of 2 dining credits. The food is really amazing and I believe with the receipt you can go there that night and watch the fireworks.

Eaten at both, loved both esp Narcoosees but the last time we ate there in April it wasn’t great. CG is on my list for next time again!

I have my eye on the duck since the ribeye was removed. I am happy to see it is that good!

I think I'm jinxed at Narcoosee's. We've had two very bad meals there and I can't stomach paying hundreds of dollars to try it again. I find the food at Cali Grill to be hit or miss, but the overall experience and view make up for it for us.

Narcoossees is a must do for every one of my trips. Give yourself extra time and head to the lobby for a set or two for the Grand Floridian Orchestra (and drinks from Mizners). They are terrific - and super nice, and totally take requests of your favorite Disney tunes. If you are going for fireworks viewing - the angle from Narcoossees is much better than CG. CG angle is very off center - so the fireworks are not over the castle at all. Much better viewing from Narcoossees. As I said, this is always a must do for me - and their fillet is better than CG to boot. There hasn't been a time when I haven't described the entire evening as perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter