California Grill Post Fireworks

4DisneyWVUfans

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
I wanted to know if anyone has an experience going to the California Grill for a 9:15 pm reservation. Can you go out on the observation deck prior to eating? We just want to enjoy the fireworks and then have a relaxing meal.
Thank you for your help in advance!!!

We have usually set our ADR for about 30 minutes before fireworks start. you will need to check in at the desk to be taken upstairs. I would think you should be able to go up to watch fireworks. You might also get lucky and get seated earlier (not often, but it does happen).

We have 5:45 reservations. Can we stay to watch the fireworks afterward? How long does a meal at Cali Grill take? We are a party of 4 and usually have a leisurely meals.

We usually spend about 2 hours for our evening meal. We also like a leisurely meal. Depending on what time the fireworks start, they probably will not let you stay to watch the fireworks unless there is room in the lounge to wait. However, keep your bill. You can show it to the front desk and they will let you go back up to watch the fireworks.

Hi everyone!
I wanted to know if anyone has an experience going to the California Grill for a 9:15 pm reservation. Can you go out on the observation deck prior to eating? We just want to enjoy the fireworks and then have a relaxing meal.

It really depends on how crowded it is. Sometimes it is less crowded and the lounge is empty, in which case it won't be an issue. Or there are days when the restaurant and lounge are at capacity and they really can't let anyone else up. There is an observation deck on the 4th floor that offers a nice view. You could always try to check in early and if they don't let you up just let them know you are going to the 4th floor to watch and you'll be back.

IMHO, the best view of HEA is from MSUSA (we are not really fans of the CG view of them). We would much rather watch from MK and then head over for a 9:30-ish ADR. The restaurant is a lot less crowded and a lot quieter and more relaxing after the fireworks crowd leaves.

We have 5:45 reservations. Can we stay to watch the fireworks afterward? How long does a meal at Cali Grill take? We are a party of 4 and usually have a leisurely meals.
We just had a 5:40 reservation for 3, and granted, the fireworks were at 8:00pm, but we were just getting dessert when it was time to go out on the terrace. We did a pretty leisure pace on the meal, had drinks, appetizers, dessert and coffee, but weren't by any means "hunkered in" for fireworks or anything.

Hi everyone!
yes you can go up early. Check in downstairs and take the elevator right up. They will text you when your table is ready.

This was taken directly from the California Grill information page. I had the same questions as we have a 9:25 adr and this is what I found.

california-grill-magic-kingdom-fireworks-spectacular-02.jpg

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Spectacular

California Grill offers one of the best fireworks dining experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.

Lights dim as the music is piped into the restaurant—immersing Guests in the magic of the night.

Dining before the fireworks? Bring your receipt to the check-in desk on the 2nd floor for reentry to California Grill. Then, enjoy the show either from California Grill Lounge or the outside observation deck.

Guests with a dining reservation after the fireworks are also invited to watch the show from the lounge or observation deck. Please note that fireworks may be cancelled due to inclement weather and are subject to change.

Last edited:
This was taken directly from the California Grill information page. I had the same questions as we have a 9:25 adr and this is what I found.

California Grill offers one of the best fireworks dining experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.

Lights dim as the music is piped into the restaurant—immersing Guests in the magic of the night.

Dining before the fireworks? Bring your receipt to the check-in desk on the 2nd floor for reentry to California Grill. Then, enjoy the show either from California Grill Lounge or the outside observation deck.

Guests with a dining reservation after the fireworks are also invited to watch the show from the lounge or observation deck. Please note that fireworks may be cancelled due to inclement weather and are subject to change.
This is exactly what we did. We had dinner around 6:00 pm then went shopping after dinner. Before the fireworks, we showed our receipt and went back up to the restaurant to watch the fireworks on the deck. A CM told us to watch from the left deck so that we could see Hollywood’s first, off to the left, then moments after Hollywood’s ended, the MK fireworks began. It was incredible.

I guess I should have gone straight to the source first! :) Awesome info!

This is exactly what we did. We had dinner around 6:00 pm then went shopping after dinner. Before the fireworks, we showed our receipt and went back up to the restaurant to watch the fireworks on the deck. A CM told us to watch from the left deck so that we could see Hollywood’s first, off to the left, then moments after Hollywood’s ended, the MK fireworks began. It was incredible.
I'm really looking forward to it now!

You've picked a great time for a meal at CG! One of the best we ever had was late after the families and fireworks watchers had gone home. We were a large group and I think one of the last 2 tables to go home. It was wonderful!

Good information to know. We have Reservations for 9:20pm when we go, but fireworks are at 8 (I scheduled reservations when i thought fireworks were at 9pm). So I’ve been trying to move our reservations up, probably won’t be able to until people cancel a few days before our trip, but good to know we can get in before our dinner reservation to see the fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter