California Grill question.

parkluvr

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about trying the California Grill during an upcoming vacation. We are doing the Deluxe dining plan and I know that it is a 2 entitlement signature dining option. Does anybody know if there is a surcharge or upcharge for the $75 cowboy cut Ribeye? Also, I have an adult son who is kind of a picky eater. Has anybody tried to substitute french fries for the Mac and cheese? Do they even offer french fries? TIA for any help.

Not sure about the upcharge. But if fries are on the menu somewhere then they can probably accommodate you. Menus can be found on this site and allears.net.

The menus change more frequently at the Signatures so if fries are on the menu when you go you'll be able to sub them for the mac and cheese. You can usually sub any side from one entree for a side from another entree. Check the children's menu as well to see if fries are available for their meals. If it's not on the menu you can ask your server if they are an off menu option.

Is it a problem to share a meal? We would both love the Cowboy ribeye but it is way too much food for both of us.

I had no problem customizing a dish last June. If it’s anywhere on the menu they can make a custom entree. It was absolutely amazing!

I had no issue sharing the fillet with my 11 year old, other than he would have eaten the whole thing himself! We got the tuna three ways as an appetizer and he loved that too! Our entree came out in two plates.

There's no upcharge for the ribeye. It was a good steak, and a big one, but not one I will repeat.

If you're looking for a great sig. restaurant and have a more timid water you may get better value going to the yachtsman. Cali Grill is one my group hits every trip, so I can't say anything against it, but we are a family of adventurous eaters.

Wherever you fine, good luck and good eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter