California Grill w/ 3 yr old?

trish1970

<font color=green>Life is good at the Poly<br><fon
Would it be crazy to bring my almost 3 yr. old ds to dinner at California Grill? Is it too stuffy for a preschooler? Thanks!

We brought our daughters 3-1/2 & 11 to the California Grill at Xmas. I wouldn't say it was too stuffy. They ordered the Mac & Cheese. I thought it was very good. Plus they had some really cute kid desserts. But my kids are very comfortable with eating out at restaurants, so they knew to mind their manners.

The only down side is that we had a late seating so they could watch Wishes. We got there five minutes early and because there was a bit of a back up at the check-in area. Wishes started without us. During Wishes, they dim the lights and don't seat anyone. So by the time Wishes was over and they had seated the backlog of people; my kids were exhausted.

It depends on the 3 year old. :) If she can sit (reasonably) still and be (reasonably) quiet for an hour (or more) long meal, bring her and enjoy yourself. If she's a run-around-the-restaurant-screaming-at-the-top-of-her-lungs kind of gal, it's probably not the best idea. CG is louder than some of the other nice sitdowns (something about the acoustics creates a sort of din in there), so some noise would be okay. Only you know her well enough to decide.

I took my 14 month old neice, 4 year old nephew, and 7 year old neice there a couple months ago. We didn't go for WISHES, we went for dinner, got a PS for as soon as they opened the doors, and asked the server to keep things moving. Ended up having to take the infant and 4 year old outside beore dinner was over, it was just too long for them to have to be still. These are kids who eat out at fine resturants a lot!

If you do it I would skip appetizers and dessert, and get a very early PS. As the other poster mentioned, eating late enough to see the fireworks is just too late formost younger kids, and they'll be too tired to enjoy, so why bother?

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter