California Grill

Originally posted by YoHo
Airlarry Exclamation Point indeed.
Yes, better planning most certainly would have included half a dozen high rise towers surrounding each of the parks just so there was adequate fireworks viewing for those who want to turn more tower lounges into something they were never intended to be. Brilliant!!!!

Yes, better planning most certainly would have included half a dozen high rise towers surrounding each of the parks just so there was adequate fireworks viewing for those who want to turn more tower lounges into something they were never intended to be. Brilliant!!!!
Holy Illogical Sarcasm, Batman! Let's not get carried away. I'm not the one advocating for chain link fences around Stormalong Bay to keep the $1500 a night riff raff out. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of that evocative description of the Animal Kingdom village given to us by He Who Should Not Be Named On This Board, for one, or maybe even the original design of the MK resorts done near MGM and Epcot (and yes, I do agree that there has been some attempt at creating this atmosphere with the SAB resorts, and maybe even with the SSR, although I haven't seen it myself.)

For what it's worth, I think that if all of the pools were as interesting as the SAB pool then pool hopping wouldn't be much of an issue. Why build a mini-waterpark for one resort and not for others?

Universal's Loew's resorts allow pool hopping and we took good advantage of it. All three pools are equally interesting with different themes and amenities. Why couldn't such openness be allowed at WDW? There are of course many more guests but also many more pools.

I wish that River Country was still open. THAT was the place for an afternoon break! It was inexpensive relatively speaking and much more fun than any old pool at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter