Call the Midwife

Wow, we finished series* 8 a few weeks ago

*season in US - series in the UK

I don't actually live in the UK (I'm in France), but watch British channels).

:lovestruc I totally ADORE that show - I'll have to check to see if the version of PBS that's re-broadcast in Canada is showing it. Is it on Masterpiece?

Also looking forward to Mrs. Wilson, which comes on right after.

Thank you SaintsManiac! Had no clue it premiered tonight. I can not wait to see Ruth Wilson (Alison on The Affair - Alice on Luther for anyone interested).

Sorry for going off topic OP -

The true story of Mrs. Wilson, and her husband, is insanely interesting. Don't want to say too much and ruin it. Ruth Wilson plays her own grandmother - Alison Wilson.

Last edited:
Thank you SaintsManiac! Had no clue it premiered tonight. I can not wait to see Ruth Wilson (Alison on The Affair - Alice on Luther for anyone interested).

Sorry for going off topic OP -

The true story of Mrs. Wilson, and her husband, is insanely interesting. Don't want to say too much and ruin it. Ruth Wilson plays her own grandmother - Alison Wilson.
I have never heard of this show and would like to see it, if it's not already several seasons in. Can you give me a little more information? TIA :wave2:

I have never heard of this show and would like to see it, if it's not already several seasons in. Can you give me a little more information? TIA :wave2:
Season 1 on is on Netflix. I started watching about season 3, so I'm going back and watching what I missed. It's a beautiful, touching, sometimes sad, sometimes funny show.

Season 1 on is on Netflix. I started watching about season 3, so I'm going back and watching what I missed. It's a beautiful, touching, sometimes sad, sometimes funny show.
Thanks - how may seasons in is it? I've never noticed it on Canadian Netflix but maybe I'll take a look for it.

It’s a fantastic series - based originally on a book and set in the East End of London (known around here for being quite poor, especially during the 50s and 60s when the show is set). It follows a group of midwives around following the creation of the national health service. If you can watch it from the beginning, I would, as the first few seasons are by far the best in my opinion and the story develops from there!

Annette, I believe you were talking about Mrs. Wilson on after Call the Midwife. Yes?

Mrs. Wilson is brand new here, so no catch up needed. I only know the background from reading about their marriage.

@trip Apologies again. I taped Call the Midwife tonight. And hope to catch up with previous seasons. Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:
The US is starting season 8 now. I ran across this article below tonight. It gives some nice info on the show.
https://www.southernliving.com/culture/call-midwife-season-8

It’s a fantastic series - based originally on a book and set in the East End of London (known around here for being quite poor, especially during the 50s and 60s when the show is set). It follows a group of midwives around following the creation of the national health service. If you can watch it from the beginning, I would, as the first few seasons are by far the best in my opinion and the story develops from there!
Thanks anyway ladies; I was referring to Mrs. Wilson. I’ve seen every episode of all previous seasons of Call the Midwife - it may be my most favorite show of all time! I usually binge each new season when it drops on Netflix but since I got this heads-up in time I have set my DVR and will savor each episode of Season 8 as it airs. :wave2:

Didn’t see this thread yesterday, but got a very pleasant surprise when the new episode showed up in my DVR this morning!!

It’s one of my favorite shows, and I already like the new cast members. I’m looking forward to this season!

Just watched the series 8 finale - the season just flew by!

I loved
that they got May back for good!!:cheer2:

And the other story arc lately has certainly been timely.

It's going to be a looooong wait for next season. :(

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter