Call your shot (NBA)

great series , both clubs hace reason to belive they will win next year, herer is Vegas odds for next year ? I dont get it, but it does show the league is wide open
2019-20 NBA Championship winner updated

LAL 9/2
Mil, LAC 6/1
Hou 8/1
Tor 10/1
Bos, Phi 12/1
GS 14/1
Den, OKC 16/1
NY 20/1
Bkn, Utah, Por 25/1
Dal 40/1
SA 50/1
Ind, Orl, NO 60/1
Atl, Mem 80/1
Chi, Sac, Phx 100/1

ESPN already has its power rankings out for next season. The absurdity of it all is that they're doing it based on speculation on where free agents might sign. Betting odds inherently involve speculation, but you'd think ESPN would wait until teams are set. I think the big question would be where Kawhi Leonard signs, because if he bolts there's no way the Raptors are the second best team in the NBA. Also how fast Klay Thompson comes back from his ACL injury.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...s-way-too-early-edition-offseason-chaos-ahead
They've got the following top 10 (with odds of winning the championship):

1) Milwaukee Bucks (6-1)​
2) Toronto Raptors (8-1)​
3) Philadelphia 76ers (12-1)​
4) Denver Nuggets (20-1)​
5) Los Angeles Clippers (6-1)​
6) Golden State Warriors (3-1) [yes - 3-1]
7) Houston Rockets (10-1)​
8) Los Angeles Lakers (9-2)​
9) Boston Celtics (12-1)​
10) Portland Trail Blazers (30-1)​

It sounds like there's a difference where they think these teams will be at the start of the season, how they'll develop with new players, and how they'll perform during the postseason. For the Warriors it's obviously about when Klay Thompson comes back, since it's assumed that he will re-sign. And if Durant re-signs it's assumed he'll be out for the season, although a recover could be fast enough to be back for the postseason. Not sure why the Lakers get the second best odds to win the championship other than they think LeBron James might have more support - maybe Kawhi Leonard or Anthony Davis.

The Lakers reportedly arranged for a trade of Anthony Davis for 3 players and 3 1st round draft picks including this year’s. Two former #2 picks and a former #30 pick, plus this year’s #4 and two more 1st round picks. Quite a haul. And they can pay him with Bird rights.

The Lakers reportedly arranged for a trade of Anthony Davis for 3 players and 3 1st round draft picks including this year’s. Two former #2 picks and a former #30 pick, plus this year’s #4 and two more 1st round picks. Quite a haul. And they can pay him with Bird rights.

thats huge, and I hate it, now that your warriors have been humbled, I would love to see them get the band back together, and get healthy the last month of the season, and knock out them dirty Lakers

thats huge, and I hate it, now that your warriors have been humbled, I would love to see them get the band back together, and get healthy the last month of the season, and knock out them dirty Lakers
I can’t say that wouldn’t give me a certain level of satisfaction. I remember when Lakers fans were insufferable. One time I was in Tahoe wearing a throwback logo San Francisco Warriors T-shirt. One Lakers fan who saw my shirt announced her rooting interest, and said about the Warriors“What the **** have they done?” I also wore it at a Cal women’s basketball game (I was a semi regular at the time) and got booed by the family of one of the players. I wasn’t sure if it was because they were Kings fans from near Sacramento or because they were Native American and offended by the logo. This one:

5972.jpg

And speaking of Cal women’s basketball, or head coach is now working for the Cavs. Sorry to see her go, but it sounds like a good opportunity.

I can’t say that wouldn’t give me a certain level of satisfaction. I remember when Lakers fans were insufferable. One time I was in Tahoe wearing a throwback logo San Francisco Warriors T-shirt. One Lakers fan who saw my shirt announced her rooting interest, and said about the Warriors“What the **** have they done?” I also wore it at a Cal women’s basketball game (I was a semi regular at the time) and got booed by the family of one of the players. I wasn’t sure if it was because they were Kings fans from near Sacramento or because they were Native American and offended by the logo. This one:

5972.jpg

And speaking of Cal women’s basketball, or head coach is now working for the Cavs. Sorry to see her go, but it sounds like a good opportunity.

she is joining the team Monday for pre draft plans

That’s not how it works. Lowry was and still is free to pursue charges. The guy you’re referring to has been banned by the NBA from attending any game or participating in any NBA activities for a full year.

Charging decisions are made by prosecutors not victims. Especially in a case where the victim would likely be under great pressure not to.
A full year pft that's nothing. He should be banned for life.

Charging decisions are made by prosecutors not victims. Especially in a case where the victim would likely be under great pressure not to.

Prosecutors decide whether to formally charge someone yes. But they don't do so on their own without a complaint from the victim and/or an investigation and/or an arrest. A prosecutor isn't going to watch a basketball game on live TV and then just charge someone. That's not how it works. Same as with the cops responding to a fight in progress call. If it turns out to be a minor pushing contest, and neither party wants to press charges they likely won't make an arrest and charges likely will not be filed. If the player wants to make a complaint he is free to do so.

It would be highly unusual for the police to investigate or the DA to prosecute in a simple battery case without a cooperating victim. Maybe if someone was severely injured. As for the NBA, they announced the one year ban before they’ve even concluded their own investigation. We’ll have to wait to see what happens. He could be forced to sell his stake in the team as well as a permanent ban.

I don’t know what’s going to happen in this case with Uriji and the deputy. We really have nothing (certainly nothing definitive) at this time other than one witness statement (Greg Wiener) and cell phone video that only shows what happened afterwards. The Alameda County DA apparently has police body cam video, although they’re not releasing it yet as they’re allowed to withhold it from public records requests during an investigation. I personally think the deputy should let it go, but if he wants to go forward it’s his call.

In addition, the NBA is conducting its own investigation. I wouldn’t be surprised if Uriji receives some sanction from the NBA irrespective of the prosecutor’s decision.

I hope he’s in Monday’s parade. :)

I would think 100%. Hoping.

And I got the picture from The Social. Marci Ien mentioned the she is in, in not broadcasting, the parade. So Nav must be in it! If not, I will revolt. :drinking1

Well that seems like a win-win.

Good for New Orleans. Ridiculous drama gone. And a bevy of picks.

---------------------

Oh wait, they now have Daddy Ball.

Last edited:
Prosecutors decide whether to formally charge someone yes. But they don't do so on their own without a complaint from the victim and/or an investigation and/or an arrest. A prosecutor isn't going to watch a basketball game on live TV and then just charge someone. That's not how it works. Same as with the cops responding to a fight in progress call. If it turns out to be a minor pushing contest, and neither party wants to press charges they likely won't make an arrest and charges likely will not be filed. If the player wants to make a complaint he is free to do so.
Certainly with Uriji and the deputy, the deputy really wants to go forward. You’re correct that without a cooperating victim the DA is unlikely to proceed. They don’t have the personnel or the inclination.

The whole situation was crazy. I don’t recall Alameda County Sheriff deputies ever working the floor of a Warriors game. The ACSO statements say it was an increased presence because it was the last game at Oracle Arena. I’ve seen them (in their standard gray uniform) working crowd control outside of Raiders games.

As far as fan interactions go, I recall the Malice in the Palace mostly resulted in probation and community service. One guy got 30 days in jail, but he threw a punch.

I said this earlier in the thread - I would be very surprised if we don't see further penalties against him mummabear.

I am pretty sure the NBA would have wanted to have time with lawyers to make sure everything was completely in order.

I am pretty sure the NBA would have wanted to have time with lawyers to make sure everything was completely in order.
The NBA has a limited antitrust exemption where the league can force teams to do things that would be considered illegal collusion with other businesses. They could pretty much do anything to him as long as they don't deprive an owner of property. They could force him to sell (a la Donald Sterling) but they couldn't take away his share without compensation. While I'm pretty sure lawyers are involved, I doubt the NBA is doing anything more than following their normal process before deciding on more stringent punishment.

I'm frankly expecting that Masai Uriji is going to be punished by the NBA too.

I would think 100%. Hoping.

And I got the picture from The Social. Marci Ien mentioned the she is in, in not broadcasting, the parade. So Nav must be in it! If not, I will revolt. :drinking1

Well that seems like a win-win.

Good for New Orleans. Ridiculous drama gone. And a bevy of picks.

---------------------

Oh wait, they now have Daddy Ball.
HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Out of the drama pan and into the drama fire. Daddy Ball isn't overjoyed either. Boo hoo hoo, the Lakers will never win another title after trading my son.

Thanks old man grifter, you just got us millions more bandwagon fans.... Sincerely, the Lakers.

They had better win though because if they don't, three first rounders including #4 this year if that is accurate is a lot to give up along with the players they did.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Out of the drama pan and into the drama fire. Daddy Ball isn't overjoyed either. Boo hoo hoo, the Lakers will never win another title after trading my son.

Thanks old man grifter, you just got us millions more bandwagon fans.... Sincerely, the Lakers.

They had better win though because if they don't, three first rounders including #4 this year if that is accurate is a lot to give up along with the players they did.

They're basically doing it because they think LeBron's window of opportunity is maybe 2-3 years before his body totally breaks down. I don't know about that giveaway. Two former #2 draft picks and a first rounder, plus their next three 1st round picks? I'm wondering why they had to include this year's draft pick.

The Raptors went in for a likely single season of Kawhi Leonard. However, they were never quite the reclamation project that the Lakers are now.

As far as Naz goes - can't say anything bad about him. He was interviewed by the Warriors flagship radio station and he was a total gas.

It's too much to give up considering they still need another piece of the puzzle imo. Maybe they think they already have it or this can convince that other piece to come. As for Lakers fans asking what did the Warriors do? Same thing the showtime Lakers did. They completely changed the game and how it is played and won some titles.

It's too much to give up considering they still need another piece of the puzzle imo. Maybe they think they already have it or this can convince that other piece to come. As for Lakers fans asking what did the Warriors do? Same thing the showtime Lakers did. They completely changed the game and how it is played and won some titles.

Well - that comment was way back around 2003 I believe. The Warriors were about 28 years removed from their last championship and all I recall were flashes here and there like the RunTMC days. It wasn't a wrong comment at the time, but the tone and sense of entlement was just what I was used to from Lakers fans.

:rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2

Is that your own take on Mr. Ball's inner thoughts? Or is there more comedy online for me?

Lakers gave up so so much so yep it better work.

I adore LeBron ---- Translation - I am kind of happy to see it all play out.

I have read that New Orleans is looking to put #4 out there for some kind of deal. We shall see.

Kawhi - I think he will do what is best for his family, as he should.

He is such a private man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!