Calling All Knitters and Crocheters!!!

rwrocksme

<font color=green>I turn towards the wall and moo<
Hey, what is up with this???

Why isn't there aboard and/or sticky for knitting/crochet? I say we start one! It is our duty to

a) Prove that our craft is just as valid as any other on this board.
AND
b)Prove that Knitters and Crocheters can actually get along.

So here's the deal. POST. Ask questions, tell us about good patterns/books, or just say WHY you love the fiber arts. Post as many entries as you want, whenever you want. Knitting and Crocheting are HUGE, and we deserve a home on the DIS.

:cheer2: GO KNITTING AND CROCHET!!! :cheer2:

:rolleyes: We do need one for knitting and crocheting. I have really gotten back into crocheting lately and have made quite a few projects. I made little butterfly bookmarks for my bowling team ladies. Working on a pinwheel mint afghan for my sister and a couple other projects. Some times I get a bit ahead of myself or get distracted and start another project before I finish one. Since I am half way with the mint afghan I am going to get it done. Then to a quick baby beanie and then on to my DH's project that has been in the works for a (cough, cough) couple years. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

I crochet! I've taken quite a break from it though since I started sewing. It's just so much faster from project start to finish...

I crochet! I'm making some crochet amiguri for the Dis 10th anniversary GKTW auction.

Seems like there are a few crocheters here already.

I'll put my hand up as a knitter. Hope there are other knitters out there.

I crochet... occasionally. :)

I have a granny square blanket that has been in process for almost a decade. Although I have finished other projects in the meantime, making all those little squares is just so boring...

I did teach myself how to do a very basic knit, but I haven't made anything yet.

I do both knit and crochet just depends on the project. I am currently making both my girls granny square Mickey purses.

Maybe one of you can help me - I'm looking for a sweater pattern from the Beehive for Bairns booklet (#96 I think) that contained a pattern for a popcorn stitch border sweater - my aunt knit it for my son 26 years ago (and I still have it) and her first great grandchild arrive last month. My Mom had the pattern but it was thrown out and I just lost my Mom last month so I would like to honour her memory and make that sweater for the new great grandbaby - if anyone has it or knows where I can get it, please let me know. Fingers crossed someone can email me a copy out of their collection of vintage patterns.

Maybe one of you can help me - I'm looking for a sweater pattern from the Beehive for Bairns booklet (#96 I think) that contained a pattern for a popcorn stitch border sweater - my aunt knit it for my son 26 years ago (and I still have it) and her first great grandchild arrive last month. My Mom had the pattern but it was thrown out and I just lost my Mom last month so I would like to honour her memory and make that sweater for the new great grandbaby - if anyone has it or knows where I can get it, please let me know. Fingers crossed someone can email me a copy out of their collection of vintage patterns.

Did you ever find the pattern? It looks like it is listed in the 'Patterns' section of Ravelry.com where it says the booklet is out of print.

Link: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/popcorn-borders

I would suggest either contacting Paton, who's has the rights now, or go over to the Forums on Ravelry and ask around there. They are very helpful. You need to sign up for a free account to access the forums but its worth it... love Ravelry! :goodvibes

Great thread, OP,thanks!
I am a crocheter. I used to crochet in the 60 and 70's when it was the "in" thing to do. Kind of how knitting is "in" right now:)
So now you know how old I am.
I have just started crocheting again, and love it! I have made hats, scarves, and am working on a cardigan, which is turning out to be quite the project:)
I tried to knit with my daughter teaching me. We laughed so much that I decided that knitting was not for me. I just couldn't get the darn thread to stay on the needles, and was always losing them. We decided that I am NOT a knitter, LOL, and I will stick to crocheting. I love being able to see the progress with crocheting. I also sew and quilt, which are both loves of mine too.
I find that ravelry has a lot of free patterns and advise.
I also wonder if there are any Tunisian crocheters out there????? I am just getting interested in it and find it fascinating. The finished look is exactly like knitting. If you are a knitter, check it out.
Once I ever finish that cardigan, I am going to try Tunisian crocheting a scarf or hat to start.
Love this thread.

I LOVE to crochet! I *know* how to knit too, but only the basic stitch. I want to learn more but my neverending queue of crochet patterns I want to try gets in my way.

I'm going to post one of the things I made I was most proud of. I actually crocheted my girls' Halloween costumes 2x (Elsa, Anna & Olaf then Scooby Doo, Scooby Dum, Daphne & Scrappy Doo), but I thought this turned out the best.

Screenshot_20180122-134912.png

Finished the Starlight Mint afghan for my sister.

6c69d45e-9877-4764-8451-887a35223fa8_zps2ltxqjuh.jpg

I have been thinking about learning one or the other (don't judge me!!), maybe just making very small blankets. I have such fidgety hands, and thought it would be useful to do on the train while listening to podcasts or at home watching an old movie.

I have been told crocheting is a lot easier; and thought I could make very small blankets (i.e. 10" x 6") to bring to the animal shelter I drop items off at. It would be a perfect little blanket for a kitten!

Anyone able to advise if crocheting or knitting might be better for this purpose? Also, are there any really good starter kits/guides which I could use, or should it really be taught by a person?

Thanks!

I have been thinking about learning one or the other (don't judge me!!), maybe just making very small blankets. I have such fidgety hands, and thought it would be useful to do on the train while listening to podcasts or at home watching an old movie.

I have been told crocheting is a lot easier; and thought I could make very small blankets (i.e. 10" x 6") to bring to the animal shelter I drop items off at. It would be a perfect little blanket for a kitten!

Anyone able to advise if crocheting or knitting might be better for this purpose? Also, are there any really good starter kits/guides which I could use, or should it really be taught by a person?

Thanks!
I would recommend checking out "the Crochet Crowd" tutorials on YouTube. He is a terrific instructor.

I cannot tell you which would be better. My dad taught me to know when I was 8. A coworker taught me to crochet when I was 18. I picked it up fairly easily because I already knew how to knit.

I would recommend checking out "the Crochet Crowd" tutorials on YouTube. He is a terrific instructor.

I cannot tell you which would be better. My dad taught me to know when I was 8. A coworker taught me to crochet when I was 18. I picked it up fairly easily because I already knew how to knit.

Thank You! I shall take a look!

I agree with the PP. I was taught to crochet by my Mom. It is super easy to learn, you don't need any fancy stitches. With just the basics you can make blankets, afgans, even cardigans and hats :) It is also easy to do without thinking on certain patterns.
I tried knitting but couldn't keep the darn threads on the needles. I finally gave up. It's supposed to be fun and easy, not frustrating.
Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!