Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

emilyindisney

DIS Veteran
With 250 pages (and many miles behind us) it's time for thread #2! Almost two months to go!

Like our old thread, here's the official info:

Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon Weekend
February 21st- February 23rd, 2014

Disney's Princess Half Marathon
February 23rd, 2014
5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish:Epcot

Think you've got the commitment, perseverance and determination to be a true princess? Disney's Princess Half Marathon gives you the chance to prove it. Grab your best friends and register today for a royal quest through 13.1 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. This race experience is fit for a princess earning her glass running slippers or a woman who runs her kingdom already. Gather your girlfriends for a magical getaway now, so you can all earn your Princess Half Marathon Tiara Finisher Medal!

Disney's Princess Half Marathon features:
  • Women's focused Half Marathon
  • 13.1-mile course through Magic Kingdom and Epcot Theme Parks
  • Disney Entertainment on-course
  • Family Reunion Area with entertainment and characters
  • Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts

Each participant's registration in Disney's Princess Half Marathon will include:
  • Champion Women's Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt
  • Commemorative Finisher medal
  • Official Race Program Guide
  • A one-year subscription to REDBOOK
  • iGift bag
  • Personalized bib (must register by December 1st, 2013)
  • On-course and post-race refreshments
  • ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking sign up for friends and family
  • Personalized results website

Don't want to go on your magical journey alone? Grab a partner, register and run the Half Marathon together as a 2-person team! Team registration is a fun way to compete in the Princess Half Marathon with added perks for each princess on your team.

Each team that participates in Disney's Princess Half Marathon will receive:
  • All of the Individual registration inclusions plus...
  • Commemorative Team Bib
  • Eligibility for Team awards (including mother/daughter, and sister/sister)

Dates, times, prices and inclusions subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.

* Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at Disney's Fit for a Princess Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers after the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.

Disney Princess Enchanted 10K
Saturday, February 22nd, 2014
Start/Finish: Epcot

Join us for the inaugural Disney Enchanted 10K. This all-new event will take you on an enchanted journey throughout Epcot before having a magical finish fit for a princess, or prince.

The Inaugural Disney Enchanted 10K Highlights:
  • 10K course through Epcot and Epcot Resorts area
  • Timed 10K race
  • Disney characters and entertainment on-course
  • Event weekend transportation for all Walt Disney World guests

Disney Enchated 10K Race Participants Receive:
  • Champion short-sleeved tech shirt in women's or men's cut
  • 10K finisher medal
  • Official race program guide
  • iGiftbag
  • Personalized bib
  • ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with liver runner tracking signup for friends and family
  • Personalized results website

Cinderella Royal Family 5K
Friday, February 21st, 2014
6:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Epcot

For princesses and their families, the Disney Royal Family 5K is a fun-filled way to start off this weekend's fairytale. Run a 5K that the whole family can enjoy in this official Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend event. Adults, teens and tweens can experience a 5K course winding through Epcot® with a storybook ending!

The Disney Royal Family 5K features:
  • 5K course through Epcot®
  • Stroller Walk division available*
  • Disney Entertainment on-course
  • Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts

Race participants in the Disney Royal Family 5K will receive:
  • 5K T-shirt (Unisex cut)**
  • 5K Finisher medallion**
  • Official Race Program Guide**
  • iGift bag
  • Personalized bib (Must register by December 1, 2012 for name to appear on bib)

Of course, this year is seeing Disney's first-ever Glass Slipper Challenge but I know there's a separate thread dedicated to that so I left the info off.

You can find our old thread here.

Now that we're closer to the race and most of us have figured out where we're staying and booked, I thought it might be fun to start of list of our usernames, what races we're running, and what costumes we're thinking of! If you're working on a PTR or training diary post the link and I'll add that to the list too!

DIS Princesses:

amingione- Half
appleorchard- 5K, 10K, Half
BernardandMissBianca- 5K, GSC
catho72- 5K, Half
charmed1212- 10K
disneyhorselover- 5K, GSC
donaldandpirates- Half
emilyindisney (Minnie Mouse, Ariel)- 5K, GSC- PTR
Figment1990- GSC
hpygrll- GSC
joan4mickey- 5K, GSC
joanzie72- Half
laura428- Half
McDuck- GSC
Never to old- 5K, GSC
pinkvol7- Half
pixarmom- 5K, Half
PrincessV- 5K, GSC
sunnygal041- GSC
Sunshinecruise- Half
taratru- Half
Tiggerfan3590- GSC
tiki23- GSC
11point5- GSC

If you'd like to indicate where you are staying, check out the official "where are you staying" thread!

surprise...my name is Joan
I'm doing the triple crown...all three races
staying at all star sports

Hey - would you ladies mind if I re-posted? I'd written this on the last thread earlier today, but I think it may have gotten lost and I'd really love your help! :flower3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey fellow Princesses! I have a question for those using the Galloway training plan. I'm currently doing a 30/30 run/walk ratio. I'd like to do the Magic Mile to get a good estimate of how I'll do during the Half, but I'm confused - for the one mile hard run, am I forgetting my 30/30 split and just going for an all-out run? Or incorporating the run/walk split and just going as fast as I can in the run section? I know this is probably much simpler than I'm thinking, but I'd appreciate the advice!

I'm doing the glass slipper challenge and staying at grand Floridian. DS is doing the kids race too! His first "race" ever and he's possibly as excited as me!

Hey - would you ladies mind if I re-posted? I'd written this on the last thread earlier today, but I think it may have gotten lost and I'd really love your help! :flower3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey fellow Princesses! I have a question for those using the Galloway training plan. I'm currently doing a 30/30 run/walk ratio. I'd like to do the Magic Mile to get a good estimate of how I'll do during the Half, but I'm confused - for the one mile hard run, am I forgetting my 30/30 split and just going for an all-out run? Or incorporating the run/walk split and just going as fast as I can in the run section? I know this is probably much simpler than I'm thinking, but I'd appreciate the advice!

IIRC, I think I've seen him write that you should run the first half mile, take a walk break (maybe 30 seconds?), and run the rest. But the current information on his website doesn't mention walking at all. It is supposed to be pretty much your fastest possible mile. Here's what he says: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/magic-mile/

Hi there I had a pretty lengthy thread started on where people were staying already so you guys can look at that as well! I will bump it so it's at the top of the events/competition board! I will get it all updated tonight!

Is anyone else planning on wearing a tutu for one of the races? I need to make one for my Minnie-inspired running outfit but haven't found any tutorials specific to an adult sized one. Has anyone made one that might have an idea how much tulle I should buy?

Thanks!

I felt a little silly for posting that so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a 'hairy' situation, hahaha! Thank you for all your suggestions! I sometimes wear a high braided ponytail which helps so maybe I'll try tucking the tail in. I found these strange hair ties kicking around the house with rubber stripes on them so maybe those are worth a try?

the hair ties with rubber mixed on the outside are amazing.

another note though, is make sure you are using the right thickness. my hair has only grown like five-six inches (i usually keep it as a bob but am letting it grow out for :bride: ) and i can no longer use the thin ones. if i do, i have to use two at one time. and then i find the thick ones break very easily :|

the hair ties with rubber mixed on the outside are amazing.

another note though, is make sure you are using the right thickness. my hair has only grown like five-six inches (i usually keep it as a bob but am letting it grow out for :bride: ) and i can no longer use the thin ones. if i do, i have to use two at one time. and then i find the thick ones break very easily :|

I use the thick ones but maybe I should try those fashion ties ones that are even wider?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter