Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

I've really been enjoying reading everyone's race reports. If anyone is interested, my sister and I are writing a TR that can be found here!

We ran the 5k and the Glass Slipper Challenge so this recaps those as well as the rest of our weekend.

Weeeelll... some days, they feel like the best shoe ever, and others they feel like bricks attached to my feet, lol! I'm finding that when my body is tired, it really needs the extra stability of the Ravennas, but when I'm fresh and rested, they just get in the way. So I still really dig 'em, but I'm still working out just when they should be worn.

Oh too funny! I started in C.

Nope, couldn't have been you then. I was way back in E.

I ended up wearing my Brooks for all 3 races and was really happy with their performance. I also noticed in the foto pics that my feet were nice and flat, I over pronate a lot but I don't in the Brooks.

I've really been enjoying reading everyone's race reports. If anyone is interested, my sister and I are writing a TR that can be found here!

We ran the 5k and the Glass Slipper Challenge so this recaps those as well as the rest of our weekend.

Reading now! Taking my iPad to the eye dr with me so I can keep reading.

Did anyone stay at OKW or SSR this weekend? We're considering those for ToT in October and were curious if there were any adverse transportation stories.

We stayed at SSR and loved it! We took the 3am bus to the half and as soon as it was full, we were off. There were several busses waiting behind it for all of the other princesses. We were on the 4am bus for the 5K and had no issues there either. The best part was after the half we walked right on to a bus. No line. I looked over at the Pop and AoA line and didn't realize they were waiting for a bus....I assumed it was for a picture with Mickey. NOPE! It was to take them back to their resort. I felt guilty walking on to our bus when so many others were waiting.

We shared a bus after the races with OKW. It was a non-issue.

I highly recommend staying at SSR for a runDisney race!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We stayed at SSR and loved it! We took the 3am bus to the half and as soon as it was full, we were off. There were several busses waiting behind it for all of the other princesses. We were on the 4am bus for the 5K and had no issues there either. The best part was after the half we walked right on to a bus. No line. I looked over at the Pop and AoA line and didn't realize they were waiting for a bus....I assumed it was for a picture with Mickey. NOPE! It was to take them back to their resort. I felt guilty walking on to our bus when so many others were waiting.

We shared a bus after the races with OKW. It was a non-issue.

I highly recommend staying at SSR for a runDisney race!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good to hear that you had a great experience! There wasn't OKW availability for our dates :sad: so I think we're going to book at a value instead. Maybe for a future race trip? :goodvibes

PrincessV- Thoroughly enjoyed your recaps of the 5k and the 10k. Your costumes were spot on! I'm looking forward to your take on the half marathon too!

Loved this and PrincessV's recap!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I wish now that I had gone for the glass slipper challenge! Hard to believe it, but when I signed up for the princess half WAAAAAYYY back when, I had just started running for the first time last April, and my longest race was a 5K -- so I didn't dare sign up for the glass slipper! :rotfl: Since then, I managed to do the ToT 10-miler and the Happy Haunted 5K in a day... I wasn't willing to be that optimistic back in July!

Next time... :)

I ended up wearing my Brooks for all 3 races and was really happy with their performance. I also noticed in the foto pics that my feet were nice and flat, I over pronate a lot but I don't in the Brooks.
Yay - that's great news!

The best part was after the half we walked right on to a bus. No line. I looked over at the Pop and AoA line and didn't realize they were waiting for a bus....I assumed it was for a picture with Mickey. NOPE! It was to take them back to their resort. I felt guilty walking on to our bus when so many others were waiting.
OMG, that LINE! :sad2: :faint: Seeing that as I made the walk from the finish to Race Retreat, I figured I'd have a line for CBR, too, so after eating, resting, etc., I grabbed a glass of champagne to go, thinking I'd drink it in line. Nope - empty bus waiting for CBR and not a single person waiting in line! The bus happily waited for me to finish my drink because it was in no hurry, lol! How on earth could they have screwed up Pop/AoA so badly???

PrincessV- Thoroughly enjoyed your recaps of the 5k and the 10k. Your costumes were spot on! I'm looking forward to your take on the half marathon too!
Thanks so much! I had so much fun dressing up this time. :) My half recap should be up soon - I think I scheduled it for 11am EDT. ish. I'll post here when I see it, lol!

Loved this and PrincessV's recap!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Aw, thank you! :goodvibes

Next time... :)
YES, you must! Really, even though (spoiler alert...) I don't plan to do it again, I give GSC high marks!

Here's my recap- I gave such a love gate relationship with this race !

But I do really like the bling :) glass slipper challenge ftw!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogspot.com/2014/03/2014-princess-half-marathon-race-re-cap.html
:rotfl2: I feel exactly the same!

I have sciatica and have been sick since I got back, so I have not run at all! It is making me CRAZY.

I haven't run yet either! Not intentionally tho- I havehad one illness after another since 2 days after PHM. It stinks! Hopefully today though ill get out for a run. I'm terrified that I won't be able to get through even a short run. So not happy about that as I felt like I was in really good shape pre-princess. Oh well. I have a 5k coming up at the beginning of may and I really was hoping to PR but it will depend on how much of my conditioning has diminished. I haves skipped 3 straight weeks of running in 2.5 years!

I haven't run yet either! Not intentionally tho- I havehad one illness after another since 2 days after PHM. It stinks! Hopefully today though ill get out for a run. I'm terrified that I won't be able to get through even a short run. So not happy about that as I felt like I was in really good shape pre-princess. Oh well. I have a 5k coming up at the beginning of may and I really was hoping to PR but it will depend on how much of my conditioning has diminished. I haves skipped 3 straight weeks of running in 2.5 years!

There is a 10K in just under a month that I have my eye on, so I have got to get back to running! I have been wanting to do this one for over a year, so I hope I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter