Calling all sushi lovers!!

oogieboogie

<font color=darkgreen>If all else fails... reboot!
Hi, we're going down 11/23 - 11/28. My in-laws are going to take the kids on Monday night, so DH and I can have an adult dinner alone. He's a total meat & potatoes man, and very picky, but he's willing and wants to take me out to eat Japanese as he knows my fav food in the world is asian cuisine (i'm asian), and partial to sushi/sashimi.

Anyways, I've been looking at the menus from the japanese restaurants in Epcot that have sushi/sashimi and I don't see anything there that he could eat. He's OK as long as there is something like teriyaki or any kind of meat/chicken dish (must be cooked! :rolleyes: ).

We were leaning towards one of the Epcot places but I'm willing to entertain other ideas. Where would you guys recommend us going to where the sushi is good/not too expensive and have some other kind of japanese meat dish for DH.

Thanks guys.:)

Hi oogieboogie. Dh and I both love asian food too, and when we are at WDW we have to go eat in Japan. (I'm Asian, and he's half, btw).

I would suggest Teppanyaki. It's a Japanese steakhouse, so they serve steak or chicken teriyaki as well. And for you, you can request a sushi menu from the waitress (I think they might give you a sushi menu but since they aren't a sushi rest. you may have to ask. Usually it's not a problem, but you might want to call the rest. to ask if that's possible). But I have heard from other DISers that you can do this. Check out the menu for Teppanyaki here on the DIS, and you'll see a good variety of cooked food your husband can eat.

I hope that helps. Any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.

California Grill has a fab sushi menu and they have dishes to satisfy your meat and potatoes man.

California Grille at the Contemporary!

And if you time it right, you could also get to see the fireworks!

Scratch
pirate:

I also recomend the California Grill. It has outstanding sushi and sashimi. Very nice atmosphere. Great service and varried menue with the added bonus of view,view,view.

I just ate at California Grill on Halloween. The sushi, in my sushi snob opinion, was mediocre. Really looked forward to it but it was just OK. I eat lots of Japanese dishes that most WASPS wont touch,

The Ginger was dried out and stale. The presentation lacked artistry. The flavours did not blend. I am use to maguro that melts in your mouth. The tartar was fine but the slices were a bit stringy. Toro was not offered.

Wish I could be more helpful and offer a glowing review but I can't.

We would vote for Wolfgang Pucks at Downtown Disney. Great Sushi Bar!

A Japanese restaurant in Celebration (Seito's) which is only 8 minutes outside from Disney. They have sushi and many other choices. I don't eat this type of food but I understand from friends of ours that it is quite delicious. Good luck with your choice!

Tempura Kiku at the Japan pavillion in EPCOT would be my choice. The Califonia Grill is truly excellent but their sushi/maki/sashimi menu has changed recently and I don't think it is as good as it was when I was there months ago. I have never been to Kimono's at the Swan but I am not sure what else it offers. With all of that, Tempura Kiku is a nice setting which has good food at a price that won't break your wallet.

thanks a lot guys. Great suggestions all around.

I think DH and I are leaning toward Epcot more than the resorts. He thinks it'll feel more authentic with the setting rather than just a restaurant feel. We'll probably skip the California Grill, sounds too fancy for us. We're very casual people, having to dress up for dinner is just too much of a hassle, especially when we're on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter