calling European DISers (non UK, non Irish)

chmurf

DIS Veteran
Hi, fellow EU compadres, sorry Irish mates, you might not be affected

Hello, I'm French ... hello french ...

We usually book our disney trips through WDTC UK, or rather IE as we all pay in euros

It used to be ok, even though the sites said the offers and tickets were for UK and Irish residents only. WDTC told us it was OK

but, since the last couple of days, there is growing concern.
A new "language" has appeared on the UK site.
If you click on the language link at the top of our UK/IE site, you might have noticed a new language called "Europe (Euros)" and if you've clicked through you'll realise the prices are in euros, just like on the Irish version, but the offers and prices are much different

for example, there are no 14/21 days ultimates, there are only the US Magic Your Way Tickets, billed in Euros

so, there is a growing concern among the EU community, that we may no longer be able to book the UK/IE deals, such as Free Dining and the ultimates (or is that a reason for the 2019 price release being pushed back compared to previous years ?)

as anyone heard anything about the situation ?

I just went on the website and couldn’t see any change jus the usual languages there was not European one as you’ve described.

i see what you're talking about - i'm on the disney.uk website and i'm getting an offer for "UK & Ireland exclusive tickets"
what's up with that?????
i need to buy tickets for this summer and we need the 14 day - the magic your way will come out way more expensive!!!

this time i went into disney.uk and created a dummy reservation - when i got to the payment page, it still listed all the EU countries in the drop down box.

the question is, are you able to force your way into disney.uk?

if not, you can try calling disney.uk directly to book - that's how i have to book with them anyway, as i'm not in the UK or the EU - so i have to call them.

perhaps if you're only buying tickets, they become UK exclusive.

Try calling in. I know its always nice to do everything online but believe me when you call in they can often make suggestions you dont know about. I just got a promotion added to my up and coming trip.

And one tip- always call and book from the AMERICAN number not UK one. It works so much better for me. The deals, the rates.. all of it.

Try calling in. I know its always nice to do everything online but believe me when you call in they can often make suggestions you dont know about. I just got a promotion added to my up and coming trip.

And one tip- always call and book from the AMERICAN number not UK one. It works so much better for me. The deals, the rates.. all of it.

i disagree with this - i booked by calling the UK number so that i could get the UK deal.

since we went for 3 weeks, only the UK ticket works out to be a deal - the american magic your way ticket costs a fortune if you're there for more than 10 days...

and yes, since i'm not in the UK or the EU, i can only book the UK deals by calling the UK number. i'm not able to book online..

i disagree with this - i booked by calling the UK number so that i could get the UK deal.

since we went for 3 weeks, only the UK ticket works out to be a deal - the american magic your way ticket costs a fortune if you're there for more than 10 days...

and yes, since i'm not in the UK or the EU, i can only book the UK deals by calling the UK number. i'm not able to book online..

Hello Beth :wave::wave: It is possible to do a mix of both American and U.K. deals.

PG our next trip will be Xmas/new year 2019/2020 and I’m hoping to mix deals from both sides. The US site has historically offered a free dining package over the holiday period if check-in is before a certain date (about the 21st/22nd Dec). I’m using a US travel agent to book our 21 days, it will need to be split into a 7 day and a 14 day reservation to qualify for the free dining if it’s offered. We will also need to buy 2 day MYW tickets for each reservation to qualify for the deal. I will also buy 21 day Ultimate tickets from Disney U.K. so that will give us the freedom and flexibility to park hop etc.

Hello Beth :wave::wave: It is possible to do a mix of both American and U.K. deals.

PG our next trip will be Xmas/new year 2019/2020 and I’m hoping to mix deals from both sides. The US site has historically offered a free dining package over the holiday period if check-in is before a certain date (about the 21st/22nd Dec). I’m using a US travel agent to book our 21 days, it will need to be split into a 7 day and a 14 day reservation to qualify for the free dining if it’s offered. We will also need to buy 2 day MYW tickets for each reservation to qualify for the deal. I will also buy 21 day Ultimate tickets from Disney U.K. so that will give us the freedom and flexibility to park hop etc.

i think so...
DD is doing the same thing this summer (2018).
when we got back home from WDW this past summer (2017), from our 3 weeks at SSR (UK free dining), i discovered that there had been a bounceback free dining offer when we were there.
It was an american offer, not UK.

So i called the american number and was able to make two reservations, one for DD and DSIL and one for us.
and yes, you're right, for that reservation you have to have the 2 day minimum MYW ticket, but it still works out to be a good deal even buying the UK ticket separately.
I booked us at pop century and upgraded from free quick service to regular dining (we just had to add the difference between the two).

actually, i just realized last week that i would have to get us the UK tickets for those 2 weeks.
hopefully, i won't have a problem given that we're not in the UK - i hope it's not an issue now that they've labeled it so strangely on the UK website.
If it is, i'll do what i used to in the past and get a UK based travel agent to buy me the tickets.

But as for combining a US deal with a UK ticket - it's not a problem. We did it two years ago.
i'm not sure how it works for when you're booking the FPs though. we might end up with a problem there.
Possible.
But what we'll have to do is link our tickets somehow. We might have to call the tech support number.

we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

In the end it will only be DD and DSIL going as i was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and am in chemo etc etc.
Once i finish all of that, i'll will most definitely do my celebrating in the happiest place on earth!!! :)

Last edited:
i think all you have to do with the UK tickets - when you buy them, you date them at the beginning of your holiday, and then link them to your MDE, and then you don't have a problem with the FP+
i think....if there is a problem, the people at the tech line should be able to help..

i think all you have to do with the UK tickets - when you buy them, you date them at the beginning of your holiday, and then link them to your MDE, and then you don't have a problem with the FP+
i think....if there is a problem, the people at the tech line should be able to help..

Yes that’s exactly what you have to do with them. Also as I will buy them from Disney U.K. on their website whilst logged into my MDX I think they will automatically be linked to my account and all I’ll have to do is nominate a start date.

So sorry to hear about your breast cancer Beth. I truly wish you a speedy recovery and I hope all the treatment goes well. You will definitely deserve a wonderful trip to our happy place when it’s all over :grouphug:

Yes that’s exactly what you have to do with them. Also as I will buy them from Disney U.K. on their website whilst logged into my MDX I think they will automatically be linked to my account and all I’ll have to do is nominate a start date.

So sorry to hear about your breast cancer Beth. I truly wish you a speedy recovery and I hope all the treatment goes well. You will definitely deserve a wonderful trip to our happy place when it’s all over :grouphug:

definitely will plan one and in the meantime, i'm enjoying living vicariously :)

Isabel, the screencap you've posted is from the US website.

The new "european" language only shows from the UK website

UseSDB.jpg

We've always been able to book trough the UK site, and it was perfectly good since the "B..." was voted, as the pound stood much weaker against the euro. And before that, booking on the irish site was way cheaper than booking on the US site, especially with the 14/21 days tickets and almost year round free dining.

But with this new "local" site, the question is wether we will still be able to book on the UK site or not, and if they'll come with restrictions.
Currently, the UK and IE sites state that the tickets are only for UK and Irish residents but it's always been ok to book then as non americans. The question really is : will it change in a near future ? Or rather, will they enforce the UK/IE exclusive ?

UseSDB.jpg

We've always been able to book trough the UK site, and it was perfectly good since the "B..." was voted, as the pound stood much weaker against the euro. And before that, booking on the irish site was way cheaper than booking on the US site, especially with the 14/21 days tickets and almost year round free dining.

But with this new "local" site, the question is wether we will still be able to book on the UK site or not, and if they'll come with restrictions.
Currently, the UK and IE sites state that the tickets are only for UK and Irish residents but it's always been ok to book then as non americans. The question really is : will it change in a near future ? Or rather, will they enforce the UK/IE exclusive ?

i'll repeat what i said earlier..

we're not in the UK or the EU - we're in israel.....so if i try to book on the UK site,,i'm not able to.
i've never been able to..
however, if i call the UK number, at least until this year, there was no problem - since i'm not in the US they had no problem selling me the UK package..
in fact, last year they told me they'd sell the UK package to anyone not in north america...the CM said she'd just got off the phone selling a UK package to someone in japan..

UseSDB.jpg

Okay unless I'm missing something really obvious here I just don't see what you're seeing. I'm on the UK & IR website and this is what I get

language.JPG

i'll repeat what i said earlier..

we're not in the UK or the EU - we're in israel.....so if i try to book on the UK site,,i'm not able to.
i've never been able to..
however, if i call the UK number, at least until this year, there was no problem - since i'm not in the US they had no problem selling me the UK package..
in fact, last year they told me they'd sell the UK package to anyone not in north america...the CM said she'd just got off the phone selling a UK package to someone in japan..

yes. so I'll rephrase too.
the UK website will allow you to book online if you live in a EU country. I should have added that they can book other countries by phone only

but it's not the issue here.
yes you currently are able to do so, either by phone or online depending on where you live in the world

the question is : will you still be able to in the future. The current situation is only ... current. I was asking about potential changes to come. What is now may not be tomorrow.

Okay unless I'm missing something really obvious here I just don't see what you're seeing. I'm on the UK & IR website and this is what I get

well the thing is that you're not really on the UK site
look at the adress bar, you're on disneyworld.disney.go.com and this is the US site (aka MDX) you're only using a locale (en_GB in the adress bar) to get prices in GBP and UK offers.

the UK site is disneyholidays.co.uk (http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/ )

the site you're showing does not bear the "manage my booking" link you'll need to click to pay your balance for UK bookings.

depending on your ISP you might be redirected to the full uk site, or to the UK version of the US site.
both should be the same offers and price wise though.

Last edited:

View attachment 305034

is that the UK site, or the US site with a UK overlay..
yes. so I'll rephrase too.
the UK website will allow you to book online if you live in a EU country. I should have added that they can book other countries by phone only

but it's not the issue here.
yes you currently are able to do so, either by phone or online depending on where you live in the world

the question is : will you still be able to in the future. The current situation is only ... current. I was asking about potential changes to come. What is now may not be tomorrow.

well the thing is that you're not really on the UK site
look at the adress bar, you're on disneyworld.disney.go.com and this is the US site (aka MDX) you're only using a locale (en_GB in the adress bar) to get prices in GBP and UK offers.

the UK site is disneyholidays.co.uk (http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/ )

the site you're showing does not bear the "manage my booking" link you'll need to click to pay your balance for UK bookings.

depending on your ISP you might be redirected to the full uk site, or to the UK version of the US site.
both should be the same offers and price wise though.

i agree with you that the wording on the UK site is very worrisome..."UK exclusive tickets"..
it will be a problem for those of us who stay at WDW for extended periods (due to traveling from so far away)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!