Calling for reservations

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
I used Dreams for my last WDW vacation stay at CS and was very pleased with their service. Since we decided to stay at FW this trip I tried to use them to book our site and was very dissapointed to find out they don't book the campgrounds. :( What is the number I call to make reservations? I have always had a travel agent do this for me. Thanks!

Call 1-407-W-Disney. If you are a Disney Club member, they have an 800 number.

Good luck! :D

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

Just got back from 5 days at FW made reservation, they need to educate the people that make them for you, we got ripped off!!! had never been there before she didn't ask the size of the MH and never told us about prefered sites so we got a tiny site and no cable,for a new 34' MH and most important, I offered to buy our park hopper tickets, and found out when we got there the price had gone up alot!! and the guy at the FW entrance said she knew it and should have told us so we could purchanse them at that time at the lower rate, all she said was you can get those when you get here at the gate. REAL NICE HUH??? and this is a different subject, but I don't think Walt would approve how they rip people off after paying so much to get in and then charge $3.50 for a hotdog, we pity people with a few kids to feed, no wonder we see people with packed lunches, don't know what they do when it's real hot?? PS we could have changed our site but were all set up, too much trouble and also $20.00 more per day for prefered site for 2' more room and cable! (they're Nuts!!)

So I guess you didn't have a good time?

Shirley

CBR Jan 2000
Next Trip Jan 2002 Where to stay?

I know a little about how you feel. While the campground is extremely nice, beautiful and pleasant, I also felt the sites (at least mine) weren't that as good as they *could* be. We had a tree in the way of the awning (touching) along with a spiked stump (put a box over it so we wouldn't get "stabbed" by tripping over it) and a 5" drop of the patio to the ground! I almost broke my ankle plus stepped off backwards sending pain right up my spine (I have intermittent back problems anyway). I told them about all this and they said the same thing, want to switch? Yup, sure, hubby wants to drive around at 8pm, in the dark, after we're been driving for 2 days and we're already set up. I told him this site shouldn't be used for campers with awnings in the future. He listened, but didn't do a darned thing. I had to ask him if he wanted to write it down since he wasn't. Didn't care in my opinion. This, along with NO direct access to the dog walk (loop 1600). I really expected a lot more out of WDW as I've been to other 10/10/10 campgrounds in which the sites were much better. BUT, like I said, other than that, the campground is extremely nice, clean, beautiful, and everyone is friendly. I just felt they could have at least removed the dangerous stump which would have taken all of 10 mins *maybe* and filled in the sandy, dirt. I really don't understand why the pavement doesn't extend for the picnic table like the majority of places. I've been to far worse campground (not as $$$ though), but this is WDW and it's supposed to be the best :) Oh, and the pool wasn't heated when we were there and the ducks were in it at night! Gross! We went to PO to swim :) I'd probably go back one day and try to spend more time in the campground and explore, but I won't have my expectations as high. Maybe that was the problem. I know people have had bad experiences at all the resorts, but we all still go back :) The armidillos and the lizards were fun. Course, my hubby saw an armidillo at ASMo one year. The dog walk is a nice, peaceful area. All-in-all, the campground is very nice, just needs a little "tweaking".

Been there, done that, going back!
Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter