Calling La Nouba lovers ( trying to fill "void" until Cirque comes back!!

iwannbindisnee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who saw La Nouba & Loved it ( like me & my family) recommend another Cirque show? My husband seems to think that they own't be as good if the are "touring shows, since La Nouba had its own "permanent" stage, so everything was set up perfectly for them to perform. He can't see how a show that is only for a limited time ina venue that is used for may purposes can be as exhilarating in stunts & as varied with acts.
If you have seen both, Is there one you would recommend that comes close to the variety & impressive stunts?
Thanks for you opinions...
Debbie

Hmm... we've seen a ton of Circque shows, including la Nouba last year right before it closed. I'd put La Nouba somewhere in the middle of the pack; it wasn't as good as the Vegas shows, but better than the traveling show we saw in Toronto last year. We are planning to see Luzia when it comes to Orlando in March.

I'd say my favorite shows I've seen have been Ka and Zumanity.

Is Vegas at all a possibility for you? If so there is quite a selection, and even a competitor show by former Cirque creative team running at one of the hotels as possible options for you. You can take a look at video of each on the different hotel websites to see if any would appeal to you.

KA is running at MGM Grand
LOVE is running at Mirage
Mystere is running at TI
Michael Jackson One is running at Mandalay Bay
O is running at Bellagio

La Reve is the (highly respected) competitor running at Wynn or Encore

Those are the shows I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure I've forgotten some others.

Has anyone who saw La Nouba & Loved it ( like me & my family) recommend another Cirque show? My husband seems to think that they own't be as good if the are "touring shows, since La Nouba had its own "permanent" stage, so everything was set up perfectly for them to perform. He can't see how a show that is only for a limited time ina venue that is used for may purposes can be as exhilarating in stunts & as varied with acts.
If you have seen both, Is there one you would recommend that comes close to the variety & impressive stunts?
Thanks for you opinions...
Debbie

Some of those touring shows can be really good.

I think at least one of the Vegas shows would be to your liking.

Mystere. This is probably the closest thing to classic Cirque in Vegas.
Ka. A real story line. Yayyyyy.
O. Cirque water stunts. Woooooooo.
One. If you don't like Michael Jackson you probably should do a different show.
Love. If you don't like the Beatles, you should probably do a different show.
Zumanity. Don't take the kids. This one is more than a bit uh how do I put it, revealing? Not for people that don't like that sort of thing, but a nice show for those that don't mind it.

Ka so far has been my favorite Cirque shows. (Saw O, Nouba as well as some travelling shows)

Really liked La Nouba

Hated Mystere. Love O

Of the traveling one, Dralion was my favorite

I have only seen touring shows and loved them! I can’t compare with the permanent ones.

I have seen Kurios, Crystal ( ice show) and Corteo all the the last year in a half.

Kurios had the longest run here 3 months and was in a set up tent which was cool while the others were in regular venues.

Personally, I saw Ka when it was touring and liked it a lot better than La Nouba.

I'm not quite sure that's accurate. I don't believe Ka has ever toured. It has one of the most (in)famously custom and specialized theaters. A quick check online doesn't show any mention of touring or playing anywhere other than its current theater at MGM Grand Las Vegas.

I've seen La Nouba 4 times. Obviously, for me, excellent. I have seen O, Mystere and Love multiple times, all excellent. KA once, though also excellent. While it was playing, Zarkana. Mediocre for me. Saw one touring show here in Chicago about 10 years ago, Varekai if I recall. It was very good. Not excellent, but very good.

I would say the permanent shows would be better, but it is Cirque, and the touring ones should be great also.

I haven't been to one in awhile. I will have to get looking and see if any are coming to my area.

I have seen
Saltimbanco
Alegria
Corteo
Mystere
La Nouba
Dralion
Varikai
Ka
O
Alegria
Kooza

Saw La Nouba and we all love it! Last year we saw Corteo and while it was good we didn’t enjoy it as much as La Nouba.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter