Calling the REAL front desk

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
When I checked in to the BCV last month, they did something I'd never gotten before and I thought it was nice. They gave me a business card with the phone number of the REAL front desk at BC. The CM told me that they were aware that the phone in the rooms went to a call center when it said "front desk", so they wanted their guests to have the real phone number to contact them. I never used it, but I thought it was a nice touch. Anyone else experience this?

During our stay at BCV this past August the CM at the front desk gave us her business card as well. Then we got 2 calls to our room during our stay from the same CM checking on how our stay was going and seeing if we needed anything. I was pleasantly surprised by all of it, I thought it was a nice touch. We had a split stay and moved to PVB after and none of that happened there. I appreciated the gesture at BCV even more after not having the same thing happen at PVB.
It was just a nice touch that made it feel even more like staying at a Deluxe resort I have to say.

That is really nice! I've never had that happen before, but I haven't stayed at BCV in a couple of years. I wish all of the resorts would do that... when we had problems with our rooms keys at BRV, it was annoying to make multiple trips back to the front desk after getting in late. We of course tried calling the front desk, but it went to the central call center.

The only way to talk to the real front desk is to take a walk downstairs to the real front desk. I've gotten a card too and it connected me to the call center.

I've been told that calls get fielded to the Call Center moreso after a certain time because they don't want guests waiting to speak to someone - anyone - for an extended period of time. Happens more in the evening hours because there are less CM available to attend calls.

I mean you could always call the real front desk by just looking up the number online no?

Nope. Never. Not even at VGF.

They lie.

Hmm, our last stay at BWV this past summer we were having trouble with the WiFi, called the front desk and they were going to notify maintenance. Expected I was calling to a call center but when I walked down to the lobby to use WiFi, front desk cast member walked over to me, called me by name and told me that I was not the first guest to have issue with WiFi in our room and told me he notified maintenance right after I called. At least on this call I actually got through to actual front desk.

Or the rep you got sent the message immediately to the actual front desk. It sometimes happens.

When we had extreme mold problems at ssr the then-husband called “the front desk”. They contacted someone at the resort and that person called us quickly.

They could be conducting some sort of test. But I always remember that I’ve never once seen anyone on the phone at the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!