• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Calorie counts for WDW foods!

donalddisneygal

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have calorie counts for WDW menu items? I recently lost 60 pounds by keeping track of my calories consumed, and I want to stay on track overall, but indulge a little!

Looking for calorie counts for the following snacks and quick service items:

Soft serve ice cream cone
Soft pretzel - Germany
France pastries - strawberry tart, chocolate chip cookie
Fish & chips - England
Caramel popcorn - Germany
Marble cupcake - Starring Roles
Turkey sandwich - Starring Roles
Chicken curry - ABC Commissary
Cheeseburger - many quick service places
French fries - many quick service places
Green beans - Cosmic Rays (do they use butter/margarine/oil on them?)
Dole Whip
Onion rings - Flame Tree BBQ
BBQ sandwich - Flame Tree BBQ
Sausage sandwich - Germany

Thanks!!

Good for you. IMHO as long as you don't go crazy you should be okay. Remember you are walking miles in an average Disney vacation so you are burning a lot more calories than a normal day.

Estimates from personal experience on items i've had.

Soft serve ice cream cone depending on size and where from 350
Soft pretzel - Germany the handmade ones i'd say 400 they are large.
France pastries - strawberry tart, chocolate chip cookie tart about 350 mostly from the crust. cookie..not sure of size
Fish & chips - England 350 fries, 400ish for the fish
Caramel popcorn - Germany small scoop bag 250
Marble cupcake - Starring Roles 500 to 600 (lots of icing)
Turkey sandwich - Starring Roles 450..has a decent amount of greens on it
Chicken curry - ABC Commissary have not had
Cheeseburger - many quick service places most are doubles and have bacon and cheese i'd say 800 to 1,000.
French fries - many quick service places depending on size of serving 350-400
Green beans - Cosmic Rays (do they use butter/margarine/oil on them?) 20 without butter
Dole Whip depends on serving size. 300 for pineapple non dairy, 350 ish for the swirl, 450ish for the float
Onion rings - Flame Tree BBQ 400ish
BBQ sandwich - Flame Tree BBQ not sure of size probably 500 to 600
Sausage sandwich - Germany 600 ish (350 for sausage, 250 for bun)

these are my guesses from a life time of reading labels and trying to pay attention.
i tried to err on the side of going a lil high.

Way to go on loosing 60lbs!! That is awesome..I am trying to learn to count calories and it is hard!

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments! It has been a long road and VERY challenging. It took me nine months, and I'm still experimenting to figure out what my long-term maintenance calorie target is. The only reason I have been able to lose the weight is because I allow myself to eat whatever I want...just in small portions, and not all in the same day! Calorie counting works for me, because I know that as long as I track my calories and stick to my daily allowance, I will lose (or not gain, depending on my chosen calories for the day). On our May trip, I want to be able to eat some nice treats without worrying about gaining, because I'll already have accounted for them in my daily calorie plan. After all my hard work and struggles, I am very protective of my weight loss. I don't want to have to do it again!!!!!

JeanieBlue114 - thanks so much for taking the time to estimate each item!! I REALLY appreciate it! Was your estimate for the England fish & chips (400) for one piece of fish or two? And what would you say the calories are for a single cheeseburger (not a double, and no bacon)?

i think they give you 2 smallish pieces...could be more like 500 for the 2.
single cheeseburger i'd say around 500-600ish for a single burger.

Just make sure to take into account that your activity will be higher then normal. I don't know many people who walk THAT much every day. It would be more then most workouts I do, that is for sure! So, just make sure to take that into account when you are figuring how much you should have as your intake.

I also count calories, but honestly, I will take a break from it when I go in June. With the extra walking on park days and the fact I have sworn to walk/run/bike/swim at the resort on our half park days and off days, I know my activity will be a lot higher then normal. As such, I'm going to relax some and enjoy myself. It's only a week. I didn't gain all this weight in one week and one week won't make me gain it all back.

I use My Fitness Pal to count and love it!

Congrats on 60 pounds. That's a real accomplishment. I lost 15 last year and DH lost 30. We didn't diet at all at Disney and because of all the walking, we still lost 2 pounds each when we got home. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy!

yeah 80 calories for dole whip half cup sounds right.
but the serving is probably 3 times that...lol.
And if you make your own at the quick service at the poly, i can easily get 4 times that on the cup (we share). And add in the vanilla soft serve and the pineapple juice for the float....it adds up quickly.
Still totally yum and worth it and probably only a lil fat from the vanilla soft serve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter