Calphalon cookware - any tips?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
I just got a great deal on a Calphalon Signature Stainless Steel set of pots and pans. I've read their advice about how it should be stored. They recommend either hanging them or laying them flat and NOT stacking them one inside the other. However, I do not have the option of hanging them NOR do I have the cabinet space to lay them each out flat with their own space. Is it that bad to stack them inside eachother?

For those of you who have this cookware, how do you store them? And is there anything else I should know about how to keep them in good shape, cleaning or cooking tips?

I got my daughter some tea towel-type dish towels so that she could layer them in her pans when stacking them in her student apartment. She's had no problems with them after a couple years of storing them this way.

I got my daughter some tea towel-type dish towels so that she could layer them in her pans when stacking them in her student apartment. She's had no problems with them after a couple years of storing them this way.

Oh that's a good idea. I have a bunch of hand towels so I'm going to take that recommendation! Thank you.

I have a few AllClad d5 pieces and stack them without anything between them. For the first couple of weeks I was very careful nesting them because they're so shiny and pretty but now I don't care! They look fine and any tiny little scratches don't affect their performance. Mine are about 5 years old now and are still shiny on the outside.

I recommend Bon Ami cleaner powder to get them to shine like new (on the insides, don't use it on the outside unless your cookware has a brushed finish on the outside). You don't need to use it every time, just when they start looking dull on the surface.

I just got a great deal on a Calphalon Signature Stainless Steel set of pots and pans. I've read their advice about how it should be stored. They recommend either hanging them or laying them flat and NOT stacking them one inside the other. However, I do not have the option of hanging them NOR do I have the cabinet space to lay them each out flat with their own space. Is it that bad to stack them inside eachother?

For those of you who have this cookware, how do you store them? And is there anything else I should know about how to keep them in good shape, cleaning or cooking tips?

Get some cloth diapers and layer them between them. Not pampers. The cloth ones. They're much cheaper than towels and serve the same function.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter