Cam Newton Insults Female Reporter

I think he should get a 4 game suspension :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Actually he is a horse's rear. Do I think this rises to all the fuss - MEH! However she did say that 1.) he really did not apologize 2.) she met with him privately and he was even worse. Peeks the curiosity what he said. As of this morning she said she just wants to keep doing her job without this distraction.

I am still scratching my head over this. And I don't get refusing to apologize.

The apology would be stupid because Newton actually believes what he said so what is there to apologize for? Saying it out loud?

Yet the Panthers said he apologized - ummm nope. Plus that whatever eating grin just made him really look like the tool he is.

I think he should get a 4 game suspension :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Actually he is a horse's rear. Do I think this rises to all the fuss - MEH! However she did say that 1.) he really did not apologize 2.) she met with him privately and he was even worse. Peeks the curiosity what he said. As of this morning she said she just wants to keep doing her job without this distraction.

I'm not a fan of Cam Newton, but if we're comparing infractions, that would warrant a four minute infraction at most compared to some infractions. ;) I'm a woman, but cheating is a whole lot worse than not respecting female reporters. FWIW, we could go back to college & find Cam should have had much greater consequences. The NFL is a totally different situation.

I'm not a fan of Cam Newton, but if we're comparing infractions, that would warrant a four minute infraction at most compared to some infractions. ;) I'm a woman, but cheating is a whole lot worse than not respecting female reporters.

So is beating your GF to unconsciousness but hey 1 game there. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I read what he said and I don't think he meant to insult her. Sure, he made some comments that prove that he is not particularly worldly or modern-day, but he is not the only person who has recently made a comment like that. The reporter could have simply found solace in demonstrating her knowledge to him, thus making him that much wiser. That's what many of us do when faced with such comments.

Instead, it seems that the reporter is just looking for attention and has found it by jumping on the Outrage Bandwagon. It's a pretty packed wagon these days.

I read what he said and I don't think he meant to insult her. Sure, he made some comments that prove that he is not particularly worldly or modern-day, but he is not the only person who has recently made a comment like that. The reporter could have simply found solace in demonstrating her knowledge to him, thus making him that much wiser. That's what many of us do when faced with such comments.

Instead, it seems that the reporter is just looking for attention and has found it by jumping on the Outrage Bandwagon. It's a pretty packed wagon these days.

It is quite the opposite, she has not asked for anything. She has stated she just wants to do her job without the distraction. She answered the apology question since Carolina said he apologized - she corrected their out right lie to cover his butt.

You need to go look at him when he said what he said, sometimes it is in the delivery not the wording. He is a smug jerk, just remember how he behaved after the playoff loss a couple years ago. He is a horse's butt.

OH MY GOSH! No it's not funny! And what else isn't funny? How they treat the female sports reporters like sideline gossip queens. These women are knowledgeable about sports, but the networks make them report about all of the he said/he said talk during the actual game. Why don't we put more women in the press box? I'd like to see them utilized for more than just their great appearances.

OH MY GOSH! No it's not funny! And what else isn't funny? How they treat the female sports reporters like sideline gossip queens. These women are knowledgeable about sports, but the networks make them report about all of the he said/he said talk during the actual game. Why don't we put more women in the press box? I'd like to see them utilized for more than just their great appearances.

I think one thing that would help is if sideline reporters didn't always have to be so damn attractive. If a woman knows her sports and has a good TV presence, I don't see what looks have to do with it. In a way, these networks are doing a huge disservice to the advance of females in sports by only trotting the pretty ones out.

Disagree 100%. I can't get into Cam's head. He may not think what he said was meant as an insult, but it was, and almost everyone agrees that it was. Cam basically has the brain of a 10 year old based on this incident and many, many others that have come before. He also took money in college although nobody can prove it. The guy is a disgrace.

Apparently she has made some comments on Twitter a few years back that weren't so nice either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter