Cam Newton Insults Female Reporter

So the reporter was representing her employer with her tweets? It's up to the employer if they decide they're not being represented well. The point is people are claiming "you shouldn't judge the reporter because she's a female, judge her by her work." By the same token, "you shouldn't judge Newton because he's an idiot, judge him by his work."

I don't think that anyone here is saying that Cam Newton is not an incredibly talented quarterback. But he's also a public figure, a role model to young boys, and how he treats women has an impact on everyone who looks up to him.

I don't think that anyone here is saying that Cam Newton is not an incredibly talented quarterback. But he's also a public figure, a role model to young boys, and how he treats women has an impact on everyone who looks up to him.

Yea the whole "Well if Newton got in trouble, why didn't the journalist" replies are getting old and tiresome. I'm not sure how many times it needs to be explained to people.

Many of the fat old men are former players and/or coaches though & that gives them a level of credibility that a fat old woman simply doesn't have. Or, they're broadcasters who were young & thin when first hired and have paid their dues. Suzy Kolber is 53 now. She's highly skilled & highly respected, but she too paid her dues.

I do agree many of the former players & coaches are just awful. And they stay on air far longer than their relative "celebrity" should warrant.
Randy Moss comes to mind.

Nope,

I just popped in to see which side would be condemned here. Since I have been on the DIS for 16 years, I knew exactly what I would find.

?? I am really not sure what to make of this post other than that you are saying people on the Disboards are a bunch of racists? Or am I reading that wrong?

Also, to the people who keep throwing out the words "old" and "fat" as if they are something to be horrified about just stop it please? Its getting cringe-worthy in and of itself.

I think one thing that would help is if sideline reporters didn't always have to be so damn attractive. If a woman knows her sports and has a good TV presence, I don't see what looks have to do with it. In a way, these networks are doing a huge disservice to the advance of females in sports by only trotting the pretty ones out.

Agreed but I don't see that changing. Most men would rather watch some eye candy than listening to a woman that knew what she was talking about.

Also I think many men are intimidated by smart women. I remember asking a next door neighbor about how things were going between him and his girlfriend. In a round about way he said he dumped her because she was going to college and he never made it past high school... I asked him what college she was going to thinking he was going to say something like Stanford, Cal Tech, or Harvey Mudd.... She was going to North Seattle Community College.... LOL

Agreed but I don't see that changing. Most men would rather watch some eye candy than listening to a woman that knew what she was talking about.

Also I think many men are intimidated by smart women. I remember asking a next door neighbor about how things were going between him and his girlfriend. In a round about way he said he dumped her because she was going to college and he never made it past high school... I asked him what college she was going to thinking he was going to say something like Stanford, Cal Tech, or Harvey Mudd.... She was going to North Seattle Community College.... LOL

That's a pretty broad generalization of men. Maybe your circle is different than mine, but I don't see much of that attitude. It exists in our society, to be sure, but I don't believe it is to the extent you stated.

That's a pretty broad generalization of men. Maybe your circle is different than mine, but I don't see much of that attitude. It exists in our society, to be sure, but I don't believe it is to the extent you stated.

She said many men. Many simply means "a large number of" and I'm certain that is true. If she had said "all men," then I'd agree that was a broad generalization.

She also used "most men". Most would mean more than half.

She said "most men would rather watch eye candy." That is true or the networks wouldn't do it. They clearly have the stats. Unless you have evidence that contradicts the business decisions from the major networks?

She said "most men would rather watch eye candy." That is true or the networks wouldn't do it. They clearly have the stats. Unless you have evidence that contradicts the business decisions from the major networks?
If you're going to quote someone, I suggest quoting an entire thought. Here it is:
Most men would rather watch some eye candy than listening to a woman that knew what she was talking about.
I feel pretty safe that MOST men would rather watch someone who knew what they were talking about. If they're attractive AND know what they're talking about, all the better. To be hired by the networks, you need to know what you're talking about first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter