Camden Market on a Sunday afternoon...

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
How late will stalls be open at the Camden Market on Sunday in August? I'd really like to get there and I'm trying to figure out the nest place to put it in our itinerary. It doesn't seem to be a stop on our Hop-on-Hop-off tour. We aren't doing the Hop on/off on our last day....we are starting that day with the Harry Potter tour at 10:30. I'm thinking we would be done by around 3pm (guessing), but it is a Sunday so I want to be sure everything will still be up and going before heading to Camden Market.

I know there is night life activity there too...but we will have our kids with us (including twin 12 yr olds, so I'm not sure that is really something we can enjoy with them)

Jess

The market is definitely open and busy on a Sunday. There is no fixed closing time as it largely depends upon when the stallholders want to close up. Are you visiting Regents Park in any other days, as you can easily walk to Camden from there? Are you specifically looking for something at Camden? There are quite a few markets.

Nothing specific...it just looked like a cool and lively area. We had also heard about the Basement Tea Rooms and thought, as a family of 7 that will be out and about being tourists, it might be nice for afternoon tea. We want to do a tea but don't want to take extra time away from things to do anything formal (dressy), or spend a lot of money on it. This place is less expensive and casual.

Jess

The market is definitely open and busy on a Sunday. There is no fixed closing time as it largely depends upon when the stallholders want to close up. Are you visiting Regents Park in any other days, as you can easily walk to Camden from there? Are you specifically looking for something at Camden? There are quite a few markets.

If we skip Camden Market...because Borough Market might make more sense, any recommendations for tea? Especially something on the path for our hop on/off bus. Like I said, we want to be casual (I mean, we will be dressed decent but we will also be out for the day being tourists) and with there being 7 of us, I don't want to spend a fortune (esp since not all of us will really be into figure sandwiches or even tea).

thanks again,
Jess

If we skip Camden Market...because Borough Market might make more sense, any recommendations for tea? Especially something on the path for our hop on/off bus. Like I said, we want to be casual (I mean, we will be dressed decent but we will also be out for the day being tourists) and with there being 7 of us, I don't want to spend a fortune (esp since not all of us will really be into figure sandwiches or even tea).

thanks again,
Jess
Are you doing Madame Tussauds at all? Because they do an afternoon tea in there for just £15 a person which was quite nice. There is a mock-up of the Queen's garden party, and a photo op with a figure of the Queen sat at a table. We did that last week, and it was very nice, and also meant we didn't have to dress up to go to one of the more formal ones.

We also saw a nice one at Kensington Palace - think it was about £35 a person - which didn't look too formal (lots of tourist dress in there), and is a bit cheaper than a lot of the more formal ones.

Finally, a word of caution about the hop-on hop-off bus. When we did it last week, the traffic was awful, and it took much longer than usual - we were on the bus for more than 3 hours and still didn't complete the full yellow loop (which normally takes less than 2 hours). So maybe modify your expectations how long it will take. If you need to get to places quickly, better to take the tube. But the bus tour is definitely worth it to see all the main sights easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!