• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camera questions....trying to keep it down to 1-2....which ones?

jdaa

Earning My Ears
I have a very nice SLR camera with several lens. I have a nice digital camera with just a normal range lens. I also have a movie camera. I also have a tripod to use with the long range lens. I'm trying to keep the amount of cameras I take down to a minimum. Hubby would have a fit it I took both large camera bags. I was planning on just taking the digital camera. Will I be sorry?

What type of prints do you expect to have done? Do you print your own at home, or use a developer? Also, depending on your print expectations, how many megapixels is your digital?

I too, have both a Nikon SLR and a Minolta digital. I carried the Nikon in '99 with the only lens I had at the time (a 28-200) and took some nice shots. I now have an additional lens (100-300), and this gear does weigh quite a bit. I have a nice PhotoRunner bag from Lowepro that is a waistpack for backpackers/joggers. My new Minolta digital is a 5 megapixel with a 28-200 lens. However, with 5mp I can crop the image and print 5x7's with an effective zoom of about 300-400 mm!!!!

I just recently tested a site called ofoto.com on printing 20" x 30" posters from my prints and they are FANTASTIC. Expensive at $20 a print, but how many posters are you gonna print??? LOL

I'm only taking my digital this June. My equipment list:

Minolta Dimage 7
3 sets of 1800mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries and charger
2 x 128MB Compact Flash cards
a Mindstor 5GB portable hard drive to download the cards to each night
A Lowepro Orion mini waistpack to hold all the camera gear
The Mindstor will fit in an old instamatic camera case and stay in the suitcase/room safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter