Cameron Boyce.

This is so, so sad. He was so young. We saw him in DHS in 2016 and my DD had us following him around while he filmed a commercial...

This is what I wrote about at that time in my TR...

As we were leaving the TOT area, the coolest thing EVER happened…that is, IF you are a 12 year old girl! We were standing in the street and there was a large crowd so we stopped to see what was going on and Cameron Boyce was filming a commercial!! Holy Cow!! THE Cameron Boyce!! Oh? You don't know who he is? I didn't either, but apparently he is a BIG deal to my 12 year-old DD! He is from The Descendants and other shows that I can't remember right now and DD isn't around to ask :eek: Anyway, we stopped and watched this all going on for a while and then we headed over to RnRC and when we got off that, we noticed the crowd again so we kind of hung out and he had JUST gotten off RnRC also! DD was devastated, and wished we had gotten to go on with him. Here is the video of him so y'all can see who I am talking about…

And the video I took :sad1:

May he rest in peace :sad1:

20 is far too young for anyone to die. He was such a talented young actor, and I always loved the roles he played.

When I first saw him on Jesse, I remember thinking, “Wow, someone with freckles!” I grew up with freckles and hated them when I was younger. I didn’t see many people on tv with them, so I loved that. Random, I know.

Deepest sympathies to his family who must be suffering in unimaginable ways today.

I believe he was the original voice for Jake for Jake and the Neverland Pirates. My boys were huge Jake fans. Way too young. :sad1:

I believe he was the original voice for Jake for Jake and the Neverland Pirates. My boys were huge Jake fans. Way too young. :sad1:
Yes he was - I had forgotten about that. My DD11 is a huge fan of his and she was devastated when we told her. She seemed ok at first and then all of a sudden it sunk in and then she was watching Disney Channel so kept seeing the advertisements for Descendants 3 and would get even more upset. He was one of her favorites. Such a loss and like others have said way too young.

Yes he was - I had forgotten about that. My DD11 is a huge fan of his and she was devastated when we told her. She seemed ok at first and then all of a sudden it sunk in and then she was watching Disney Channel so kept seeing the advertisements for Descendants 3 and would get even more upset. He was one of her favorites. Such a loss and like others have said way too young.
I haven't told my kids. I will wait until they are older.

Such sad news. He was so young and so talented. May be rest in peace and may his family cherish his memory during this unimaginable, most difficult times.

I'm a father of 2 and love watching Disney channel shows with them. This is very sad. What a talented you man. Awful to hear this news from my kids.

Also, a little heads up to any parent that hasn't talked to their kid(s) yet. I am 99.99999% that Disney is going to put some sort of "In memory of " message at the beginning of the 3rd Descendents movie. Teen Beach Movie was inspired by the beach movies that Annette Funicello did in the 60s. She passed away shortly before the first one aired and Disney had an memorial message for her in front of the movie. I would shocked if they don't do the same for Cameron. If your kids are old enough to read and know Cameron's real name, tell them before the movie premieres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!