Camp Kesem charity bibs

poohluv2u

DIS Veteran
I signed up to Kesem to get a bib for the Disneyland Half Marathon back on March 23rd. They emailed me that my registration was accepted, but they didn’t have Disney links yet. I’ve emailed them twice to ask when the links would come available. They have never contacted me since, and I’m starting to wonder if perhaps I have made a mistake in signing up.

This is my first charity race and I’m unsure of how this is supposed to work. Has anyone else signed up with Kesem who has received their runDisney link?

I signed up with another charity and they told me the same information:

"runDisney releases the charity sign up link later than the general registration, so although your spot is guaranteed you won't sign up on the runDisney platform yet. Usually they send it out early summer - As soon as we get it, you'll get it!"

So while it doesn't explain why they haven't answered your last emails, it does explain why you haven't gotten your registration link. Don't lose hope yet! ☺️

I signed up with another charity and they told me the same information:

"runDisney releases the charity sign up link later than the general registration, so although your spot is guaranteed you won't sign up on the runDisney platform yet. Usually they send it out early summer - As soon as we get it, you'll get it!"

So while it doesn't explain why they haven't answered your last emails, it does explain why you haven't gotten your registration link. Don't lose hope yet! ☺️
Thank you for replying to my post. I sincerely don’t want to lose hope, this race is important to me. I am really surprised at their lack of communication with someone who wants to raise money for their cause.

I can't answer to their lack of communication. However as @azrivest said Disney isn't always quick with these things to begin with. On top of that a common thing for charities to do is hold the link to officially register until you meet a certain threshold of fundraising. I know I did not get my Chicago bib through charity right away. I know some charities will hold it until you meet 25-50% of the fundraising goal to sort of hold you accountable.

I can't answer to their lack of communication. However as @azrivest said Disney isn't always quick with these things to begin with. On top of that a common thing for charities to do is hold the link to officially register until you meet a certain threshold of fundraising. I know I did not get my Chicago bib through charity right away. I know some charities will hold it until you meet 25-50% of the fundraising goal to sort of hold you accountable.
I never read that in their contract, but in a way that does make sense. I am nervous to start putting in funds until they communicate with me, so we may be working at cross purposes 😵‍💫

As a follow up to this thread, I am happy to report that Kesem contacted me this morning to apologize for the delay, and to reassure me that I have a spot in the race. Disney has sent them an invoice, so they hope that the links will soon follow.

Thanks for the help on this, I know I can always get my questions answered on the Disboards. You guys are awesome!

Glad that I'm not the only one in the same boat; waiting on mine to come in for MW24 for another charity. Apparently only a few people process the charity bibs at rD so it can get pretty backed up.

Glad that I'm not the only one in the same boat; waiting on mine to come in for MW24 for another charity. Apparently only a few people process the charity bibs at rD so it can get pretty backed up.
runDisney's staff in general is pretty small.

Good luck! All I can say is to be patient, but I know it’s difficult. I finally got my link and now I’m off to fundraise 😊🎉

Good luck! All I can say is to be patient, but I know it’s difficult. I finally got my link and now I’m off to fundraise 😊🎉
Glad to hear you got yours! If you feel comfortable posting or dm'ing your link I'll contribute some :)

I'm going through the Dragon Master Initiative, just hit my fundraising threshold! I have a confirmed spot according to their coordinator so I just need to wait o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter